The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Regarding Levels, Stealth and... Meta gaming?
I've got a question, well infact, many questions.

First off, Levels being no sufficient use in roleplaying is common knowledge, as level 80 'Flora' could simply be an approved farmer, while level 12 'Mr. Atkinson' is a footman, who would Most Likely defeat lil' Flora should they be at arms with one another.

It brings me to quite a mind-boggling (In my opinion) predicament, if Level 80 Flora decided to stealth on level 12 Mr. Atkinson who has Keen hearing, and is quite aware of his surroundings, while Flora is a simple farmer (Let's just say for the sake of argument) who has Dull senses, due to the game mechanics there's an extremely low chance for Mr. Atkinson to even spot Flora OOC'ly, and let's say if this happened In-Character, she would easily be clocked by Mr. Atkinson.

If Flora decided to use the game mechanics to an IC advantage, would this be Meta-gaming? Such as, using the information gathered on her "Abuse" of the game mechanics to IC'ly Blackmail and/or know things she wouldn't know, less the removal or redundancy of Game Mechanics?

Don't quote me on the example I've given, it's genuinely hard to get my thoughts across in text, though it's merely a... Brainstorm if you like.
"Experience is a Harsh teacher..." - Jigsaw
Stealth does -not- make you invisible IC no matter what level you are. A situation similar to the one you described -would- be considered metagaming, and you should screenshot/report it to a GM if anything like this ever happens.
Aye, we don't count you as Ic if you are using mechanics for stealth. Therefore if any information gained while stealthed is used Icly it is metagaming.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DAMN THIS COMMENT IS FANCY
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Thanks for the input, I was aware stealth didn't make you invisible, but obviously the game mechanics can be a pain in the back-side, and I was trying to delve deeper into the concept of stealth.

I think that's answered my question, thanks for the quick and helpful responses.
You could however use stealth in an IC fashion, by continuesly emote being stealthy, hiding in high grass and all that jizz.
All makt åt Tengil, vår befriare!

The way I'd go about it is genuinely hiding from view, sitting behind a crate or kneeling behind a few barrels, but no one can truly keep their 'Player names' Turned off, else that would be an extraordinary way of being stealthy.
I think a good portion of us play without other player's nametags up. I know I got genuinely surprised by someone hiding today.
[Image: Signature.png]
Unfortunately, not all of do this, it does bring reality to the game, atleast in my opinion.
Nostra Wrote:all that jizz.

:|

Nostra Wrote:jizz.

:|

ALL RIGHTY THEN

I actually believe that characters should never EVER have a reason to use Stealth IC. If you can emote being stealthy, do not do it in Stealth. It doesn't work on me (Being a GM I can detect stealthed players) but the ability still prevents some people from seeing you even when you're emoting, so you can emote stealthing and be right in front of them and they wouldn't tell.

Seriously, just never use the Stealth skill in RP.
Pfft, I didn´t mean that kind of jizz, of course.

The stealth skill does give you a nifty stance though, so I honestly don´t care if you use it as long as it´s done to add to the emotes.
All makt åt Tengil, vår befriare!

In fact, regarding said stance - Is there a way to replicate it out of Stealth?

Move him into the sun—
Gently its touch awoke him once,
At home, whispering of fields half-sown.
Always it woke him, even in France,
Until this morning and this snow.
If anything might rouse him now
The kind old sun will know.

Think how it wakes the seeds,—
Woke, once, the clays of a cold star.
Are limbs, so dear-achieved, are sides,
Full-nerved—still warm—too hard to stir?
Was it for this the clay grew tall?
—O what made fatuous sunbeams toil
To break earth’s sleep at all?
[Image: 62675bf4fd.jpg] [Image: 0e7357dcfe.jpg]
A few custom spells mimic the stance, but then that adds to hassle of GMs adding the spell for everyone who claims they can be 'sneaky'
Well, and we are RPers don't have to see the stance to get the idea. >> We use our imagination!
[Image: anigif_mobile_9893b2566588ab845c7985f71769a9f2-7.gif]
[Image: imagination_einstein.gif]
Had to do it.

Well, I personally use open sneaking from tree to tree, but I do sometimes use the stealth skill itself along with emotes. It does prevent meta gaming going the other way, helps avoid: Oh! I magically saw you sneaking behind a tree that is to the left from me while I was looking to the right.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Subconscious meta-gaming hyenaskate 1 945 01-26-2014, 12:26 PM
Last Post: ImagenAshyun
  Stealth Detection (OOC) Kretol 1 753 07-12-2011, 04:05 PM
Last Post: flammos200
  Stealth Miah 19 2,823 08-25-2010, 03:49 PM
Last Post: Catherina
  Levels and Roleplay? Lynoa06 10 1,798 02-10-2010, 04:10 PM
Last Post: carlthecamel
  The Right Way To Ask For Levels? saluku 7 1,380 08-18-2009, 03:16 PM
Last Post: Ronin