The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Prestige Titles!
Prestige titles are now open for Grunts to apply for!

To apply you will have to have been active on the server for at least two months, been "gruntified" and have a special profile for the character intended for prestige title OK'ed by a higher up GM before beginning the training process.

A character needs to be approved before being able to apply for a prestige title and needs to both have the proper motivation to strive for it as well as a realistic chance to do so. This will be be covered in the special template provided for prestige titles, the template can soon be found on the Wiki, until then see bellow.

To achieve the title there are two ways to go, either by IC training in game and on the forums with another player's character that has X title, or if there is noone alliavable you can "invent" a master-NPC to teach your character through forum posts.

All powers and spells a character aquires through the process must be discussed with a GM first, the GMs also retains the power to "retcon" events deemed inapproptiate if necessary as well as deny anyone we feel would not handle the powers comming with a prestige title due to the risk for god/meta/powergaming.

Examples of training posts for prestige titles can be seen here:
The Slave and The Demon Hunter

Special Template:
Quote:Prestige Application-

Character name:

Character race:

Character class:

Title to obtain:

Character's Motivation:

Brief plan for achieving title:

Explanation of how it will be used icly:

EDIT: The application should be sent to a GM for consideration.

Edit: Addition to the rule regarding Prestige Titles: You may only have one at a time, as long as you have a prestige alive you cannot apply for another. And to kill them off just to get a chance to create a new one that sounds more interesting will just see to you being denied.
All makt åt Tengil, vår befriare!

Great news! Now all I need is to be gruntified.. And around an extra month here.

But yes, anyways, this is super!
Jeneal jumps into the water. "HAHAHAHAHA!" She turns into a seal.
The wiki link is Here.
Interesting...!

But I don't think I'll be using this system for a long time, if at all. But it is good for adding diversity to our classes, I guess!

Move him into the sun—
Gently its touch awoke him once,
At home, whispering of fields half-sown.
Always it woke him, even in France,
Until this morning and this snow.
If anything might rouse him now
The kind old sun will know.

Think how it wakes the seeds,—
Woke, once, the clays of a cold star.
Are limbs, so dear-achieved, are sides,
Full-nerved—still warm—too hard to stir?
Was it for this the clay grew tall?
—O what made fatuous sunbeams toil
To break earth’s sleep at all?
[Image: 62675bf4fd.jpg] [Image: 0e7357dcfe.jpg]
.... Niiiiiiice!

This'll be awesome.
"I am more afraid of one hundred sheep led by a lion than one hundred lions led by a sheep."
Oh I've got a baaad feeling about this. Guess we'll just have to wait and see. :roll:
"Educate yourself in the art of true metal."
"From the Heaven of My Heart" & "Silver Bride" - Amorphis (Skyforger)

"Beyond the Stars"
~ Head over to our own subforum on CotH Worlds and enjoy. ^^
Quick question:

It says the character needs to have an approved character sheet template. Do you need to post their profile as normal, or post it to a GM to get OK'd for the special profiles, THEN post the Prestige template to a GM to get that OK'd aswell?

Something I was a bit confused about.
"I am more afraid of one hundred sheep led by a lion than one hundred lions led by a sheep."
It has to be normally approved, then later on included in the prestige app.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DAMN THIS COMMENT IS FANCY
For those inquiring to what entails a Prestige Class here is a list of them.

Hopefully not all will flock to the prestige class immediately, but perhaps use it as a form of progression, or story reinforcement.
Gotcha, thanks a lot!
Armistad Wrote:For those inquiring to what entails a Prestige Class here is a list of them.

Hopefully not all will flock to the prestige class immediately, but perhaps use it as a form of progression, or story reinforcement.

Since you have to "train" to become one during a longer period of time it would be hard to use it as something else, hehe.
All makt åt Tengil, vår befriare!

Well noted and totally agreed upon.
Are all of those prestige titles- excluding ones that player classes can not obtain- available?
Crunchym8: Work tomorrow at a greenhouse, followed by a D&D session. Aw fel yeaahhh I can't be more hardcore.
Crunchym8: WE'RE PLANTING THE MUMS AND THE DAYLILLIES TOMORROW AND IF WE HAVE TIME SNAPDRAGONS
Crunchym8: I AM SO MANLY.
Possibly, we for sure won't allow some of them, but the majority are fine.
DAMN THIS COMMENT IS FANCY
I like this idea, but I think people just need to remember to be reasonable about it. Not everyone needs to be prestige.
[Image: classic-76561197997915481.png]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Prestige Applications: OPEN Rosencrat 92 19,616 07-22-2011, 04:46 AM
Last Post: Jurkey
  Prestige System on Hold Grakor456 9 2,354 11-01-2010, 12:14 PM
Last Post: Jacula
  PRESTIGE CLASS STATUS: OPEN Anski 50 9,766 10-12-2010, 05:40 AM
Last Post: BountyHunter
  Prestige Applications Closed. Nostra 2 1,011 07-20-2010, 08:54 AM
Last Post: Beltharean
  Titles Revisited Grakor456 2 941 08-11-2008, 05:59 PM