The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

PRESTIGE CLASS STATUS: OPEN
Prestige System 2.0
After long wait, now with 40% less hassle!

The new procedures and rules.

There are three categories under which prestige titles will be classed, beneath you can find them with a brief description of what kind of titles each contains. Do note that "variant" titles, that is classes that basically are just another take on a core class (examples: warrior - barbarians, hunters - rangers), will not be listed and you are free to play them as you will. If the title/class/concept you are interested in is not listed and you are unsure whether it should be regarded as a variant or a class on its own feel free to PM a GM and ask. However, any character can only hold ONE prestige title at a time, Category I, II or III. No multi-titles are allowed. If we feel that suddenly prestige classes are not really prestige anymore (with -everyone- having them), we may limit how many there are active at one time (especially for Category III). These rules are subject to change at any time.

Category I:
Ace
Argent Dawn Templar
Brewmaster
Buccaneer
Duelist
Elven Ranger
Gunman
Hexer
Mounted Warrior
Inscriber
Sapper
Subversive
Totemic Druid (Talon, Claw or Fang)
Witch Doctor

A player may take as many of these titles as they wish.

Restrictions:
Grunt Status

Here we place the titles and classes that are not particularly more powerful in neither terms of ability nor influence but are still different from the core classes. These titles are open to any grunt and you need no special permission or procedure to claim one of them, your character could start out as one or acquire it in-game as you see fit. If you do go for it in-game it's advised. although not required, that you give it the same care as you would any of the training procedures of the other categories. These are practically just -titles- now, and can be taken up or put down at the will of the user.

Category II:
Assassin
Beastmaster
Berserker
Blademaster
Bone Crusher
Dark Ranger
Dead Shot
Exemplar
Fel Sworn
Gladiator
Holy Strider
Ley Walker
Lightslayer
Necromancer
Plagueshifter
Potion Doc
Primal
Pyremaster
Runemaster
Savagekin
Shadow Hunter
Sister of Steel
Spirit Champion
Spirit Walker
Spymaster
Steamwarrior
Techno-Mage
Techslayer
Warden
Wilderness Stalker

Restrictions:
Grunt Status
Approved Character
In-Character Training Process
GM Notification of Title Taking.

These classes are rarer than those mentioned in Category I. Here is where we might start seeing classes with extra abilities that may not be represented by your typical base classes, or classes that need to have a bit more history/time to explain how the title was earned. These also tend, according to Lore, to have a bit more sway or “fame” to them.

To claim a title in Category II, you will need to go through a training procedure, either a written storyline on the forums, or alongside in-game training. However, physical proof on the forum needs to exist for reference purposes. You can find a few suggestions for how to go about the training below, if you have another idea for how to go through the training feel free to contact a GM and ask if it would work, otherwise please keep to the outlined suggestions. You do not need a GM's permission to start one of these storylines, you do however need to be a grunt. You do not have to send each story post to a GM, however if someone is to start a Category II title, the GM staff must be notified.

Category III:
Archmage
Demon Hunter
Dragonsworn
High Divinist
Mountain King
Shadow Ascendant

Restrictions:
Grunt Status
Approved Character
GM Approval Required
In Character Training Process

Here we place the titles that we know from experience are hard to properly portray or who have abilities that are easily abused even unintentionally, some of them also interact frequently with NPCs and command great influence.

The requirements for these are harsher than for the other titles, as for category II you need to be a grunt and create a storyline and somehow present it on the forums but before even starting the training procedure you will need to be approved by a GM. There is no specific template you need to follow to be approved, simply PM a GM stating your wish to have X character train for Y title and, after some time, a GM will let you know whether you are approved or denied. Being denied does not mean you can never train for the title or any other but some time should pass before you apply again.

If you would somehow abuse a title or poorly portray the training (by, for some examples, have your character breeze through any challenges or simply "know" stuff) a GM can step in and cancel the training procedure or remove the Title "right" from you. Harsher actions may be taken if we considers it necessary. If a character takes on a Tier III title and completes it, it will look bad on the player behind them if they just get bored, drop the title, and apply for another one, possibly leading to denial. Only one Category III title can be held by a player at one time.

The Training

Training should still consist of IC posts of the characters ascensions, somewhat lengthy and continually focused. They should take as long as needed for completion, but rushing through it is not a good idea and it may either cause a GM to tell you to redo the story or trash the characters Prestige Title altogether. When this is completed, please edit the title of the topic with [COMPLETED] so we know you're done. Only two posts a week can be made, to prevent people from rushing through it. You can take as long as you feel the need to do finish as well. When notifying a GM for a title or asking a GM for approval, please do not send a PM to a single GM, make use of the entire group selection on the left hand corner of the PM Box section. This will ensure it is not lost in communication or other difficulties.

On Runemasters, Inscribers, and Necromancers

Note that Runemasters, Inscribers, and Necromancers are essentially classes on their own, not a tacked on title that increases one's power in a particular direction. As such, if someone chooses to become one of the above titles, they forsake their old class and become the new one, losing all powers they had as their old class. For example, a Shaman who chooses to become a Runemaster loses the ability to use any Shaman spells upon learning the runes, due to his changed area of focus.
[Image: wMRLoCF.gif]
Big thanks to the ENTIRE GM staff, everyone has pitched in to help this along. Nostra and Grakor have put forward a lot of effort and I just pretty much polished what they had and sent it down the assembly line. If you're going to thank anyone in particular, make it them!
FINALLY!
Thisisnotmysignature
Its finally here. But i must say it is brilliant. Nice work! :mrgreen:
You cannot teach a man anything; you can only help him find it within himself. - Galileo Galilei
Thank you kindly!

Now to figure out who to (attempt to) prestige. >.>
Quote:[8:53AM] Cassius: Xigo is the best guy ever. he doesn't afraid of anything.
This doesn't mean you HAVE to go out and make a prestige just for the occasion, they should be natural character progressions.
The only thing I see a little strange about the list is that Elven Ranger is catagory 1, and with it being up-to-par with Wilderness Stalker in terms of Lore, it just seems a little strange. Elven Rangers may not be AS sneaky (but still pretty stealthy), but they make up for it with minor druidry. Though, it the GM's list, and they run the server, so I will go with it.
☃ This is my snowman. He's there to remind me how much I hate the snow.
Anski Wrote:This doesn't mean you HAVE to go out and make a prestige just for the occasion, they should be natural character progressions.
Oh, don't worry about that. To be honest, that post was poorly written. It's just I got a two characters who I strongly believe could go down a prestige path at this point and time, and was tryin' to figure out which one I'd take down it.

I regret that above post. Looking back on it, it makes me sound like some kinda meta-gamer

@Jeff: The Wilderness Stalker has access to some powers such as making trees move. A ranger's just a ranger, they don't make trees move. They have a strong understanding of nature. A very strong one. But they cannot command it the same way a Wilderness Stalker can. They can understand the body language of an animal, but they cannot speak with it like a Wilderness Stalker can. And so on. And so forth.
Quote:[8:53AM] Cassius: Xigo is the best guy ever. he doesn't afraid of anything.
On the contrary, Elven Rangers can actually tlak with plants and animals, and speak with the spirits of nature as well as being adept archers.
☃ This is my snowman. He's there to remind me how much I hate the snow.
Oh. Huh. That's weird then.

I guess either Wilderness Stalker should be bumped down, or Elf Ranger should be bumped up. Most likely the latter.

Sorreh Jeff.
So how many people plan to be goblin sappers in Cataclysm? :D
I'd just like to say, that being a Hexxer is kinda of a big deal... You can create voodoo dolls and force people on a Greater Gaes/Quest, which basically binds them to your will, commanding them to do whatever specific action you want them to. And if you don't use it for that, then when you try to attack them with a Hex, it's impossible for the spell to fail... At least, in the RPG.
"Every gun..."

[Image: Jonah-Hex-Counting-Corpses-Flaming-Leap.jpg]

"...Makes its own tune."

~ The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly ~
Awesome.
But, some classes vanished?
Like Battlemagi / Warmagi, for example. Where does that one come in?
Yeah, Wind Warrior isn't present either.
"Every gun..."

[Image: Jonah-Hex-Counting-Corpses-Flaming-Leap.jpg]

"...Makes its own tune."

~ The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly ~
arkandrews Wrote:Awesome.
But, some classes vanished?
Like Battlemagi / Warmagi, for example. Where does that one come in?

Some classes were nixed as they were old classes in the 1st edition of the d20 rather the 2nd. Many classes just didn't make sense anymore. Unfortunately, this means certain classes (such as Graven One) were also removed, but I think the removals are overall mostly putting our system more in line to WoW lore.

Also, while I'm writing this, going to note the changes I made to the first post, concerning Runemasters, Inscribers, and Necromancers. Take that in mind.
Have you hugged an orc today?
- I am not tech support. Please do not contact me regarding technical issues. -

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Server Systems Status Kretol 0 1,067 05-05-2013, 08:46 PM
Last Post: Kretol
  FH Apps Open Again Grakor456 0 987 07-10-2012, 07:48 PM
Last Post: Grakor456
  Prestige Applications: OPEN Rosencrat 92 19,616 07-22-2011, 04:46 AM
Last Post: Jurkey
  Necromancers and Runemasters, Open! Grakor456 31 7,467 07-04-2011, 01:08 PM
Last Post: hiddengecko