The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Lore and you.
Since Warcraft is in essence a slowly evolving word on retail unlike us. Perhaps it is time to bring all lore's Blizzards's; Server; and our evolving tale up to speed. I shall start by instances, bosses/leaders related to said locales and a summary thereof.

Please comment, and or put your two cents in at anytime.

1- Ragefire Chasm - Orgrimmar - Burning Blade Affiliation

=To be honest, I think Thrall and his loyal followers would have thwarted by now. Not saying all of the Shadow Council have been slain, but obviously their controlled sect the Burning Blade have been neutralized including, Maur Grimtotem and Oggleflint;Taragaman the Hungerer; 3. Jergosh the Invoker and; Bazzalan.

-Suggestion- Housing/Open for suggestion
Treat Ragefire as an OOC place, or utilize the caverns as dwellings persay in RP as to where numerous denizens who make their home in Orgrimmar.

2- Wailing Caverns - The Barrens - Naralex, Disciples of Naralex, Emerald Dream, Druids of the Fang.

=With the release of Naralex, perhaps all you Druid's out there can rp evolve this area and restore it's Lushness.

-Suggestion- Open RP events
Although the Caverns were an Elvish find and procurement, I see a conflict here with the Horde. Although any Tauren druid should act as mediator, maybe wipe out a nearby Centaur camp and use it as a Druid 'moot' place in the future.

3- The Deadmines - Westfall - The Defias Brotherhood

=Blizzard seemingly retcon'd the Defias encroachment upon Elwyn as non existent since the People's Militia were no longer needed, thus becoming the Westfall Brigade and dispatched to Northrend by order of Gryan Stoutmantle.

-Suggestion- Keep as is. Open to suggestion.
To be honest, perhaps a few 'highway men' should be left in Elwyn, but the bolstering force should be removed. As for Moonbrook in Westfall, it should remain the same, as should the homage to the 'Goonies' film, Deadmines. Perhaps the Kul Tirians could blockade the "instance portal" (the back exit) on the sea side of Westfall. In an epic sea battle of sorts.

4- Shadowfang Keep - Silverpine Forest - Forsaken

=With the slaying of Arugal , and The San'layn, a group of elven princes who have become darkfallen, traveled to Silverpine to resurrect Arugal in the Lich King's service by conducting a ritual in Pyrewood Village at the foot of Shadowfang Keep. (This can be played out in the quest Neutral [75] Out of Body Experience.) It would seem there are no more Worgen inside the once proud Silverlaine Keep.

-Suggestion- Open RP events
Will the Kirin Tor lay to claim the Keep once more, or will it be the surviving Silverlaine's. A few of Pyrewoods former citizens wander the wilderness far off in the recess's of Azeroth, perhaps they too will lay to claim the Keep. (How open is the server to the idea of just removing the instance portal and just keeping the structure as is on the inside just remove the mobs?)

5- Blackfathom Deeps - Zoram Strand Ashenvale - Old God's-
Twilight's Hammer- Shadow Council

=Once a glorious temple dedicated to the night elves' moon-goddess Elune, has since fallen into disarray since the 'Great Sundering'. Since the Naga are located nearly on every shore, I feel as if they continue to exist and thrive there still. As for the existence of Aku'mai, Neptulon the Tidehunter's pet, perhaps it too is alive and well.

-Suggestion- As is. / Open to suggestion
Exists as is, unless the Elves of Ashenvale decide otherwise, or another outcome is determined.

6- Stormwind Stockade - Stormwind - Defias Brotherhood - Stormwind Convict(s)

=Stormwind Stockade is a high-security prison complex, hidden beneath the canal district of Stormwind city. Presided over by Warden Thelwater, Stormwind Stockade is home to all who are found guilty of crimes against Stormwind. IC wise, by now there is no Defias riot happening daily. If you want to create an escape of riot by all means, feel free to do so with GM permission. Please note IC wise there are two different Jails, the Stocks, and then the Vault. When the GM's place a criminal in jail for any crime, they port you into the Vault. And I must say there is some great submersion objects and people there.

-Suggestions- Modified Open RP Setting.
The GM's created pretty much a full interactive environment in the Vault with rp in mind ( Convicts of all walks of life, death, demonic...)
Don't be shy to break a law in Stormwind, to be honest some good RP has come from being held in the Vault. Weekly I ask for my drunk character to be placed in their in order to sober up, and go through the posting bond experience etc.

7- Razorfen Kraul - The Barrens - Quilboar -
Final resting place of Agamaggan

=During the War of the Ancients ten thousand years ago, Cenarius sought the assistance of Agamaggan the boar God. Agamaggan's sacrifice helped turn the tide of the battle against the Burning Legion. He eventually was slain in the land currently known as the Barrens, near the Field of Giants. From the ground sprouted numerous vines like that to which grew on his back, the Quilboar that came to exist there after regarded themselves as his offspring and have remained there forever still.

-Suggestion- Keep as is.
"Legend says Agamaggan might walk among the living someday, and the Quilboar await that day." The Quilboar are fanatical in their beliefs, and will not abandon their faith in anyway. I'd assume that their numbers perhaps have been thinned out by numerous members of the Horde, but their brunt forces remain intact within Razorfen Kraul.

8- Gnomeregan - Dun Morogh - Gnome's - Trogg's

=With the ordering of the emergency venting of the city's radioactive waste tanks by High Tinker Mekkatorque, a large number of Trogg's still continued in their siege. However in the years that have gone past, one could come to terms that perhaps Gnome ingenuity along with assistance of the Dwarves and Human alliance, that a solution has been met.

- Suggestion- Open to suggestions
Purely because I am not intimate with Gnome rp and philosophy as I'd like to be. Some regard Gnome's purely as off the wall, others as crazed tinkers. Anyway, if they made the decision once, could they do it again? Meaning seal up Gnomeregan for good, did the toxins seep out, did the remainder of Leper Gnome's and Troggs mutate any worse? Or perhaps, with all the Titan discoveries in Northrend, the Gnome civilization will look to the north for an answer to their ancestral past like that of the Dwarves.

9-13 -The Scarlet Monastery - Forsaken

=Once a proud stronghold for the devote followers of the light, as well as the fanatical Scarlet Crusade, has now fallen to the Forsaken and their own devote malicious ways. Since the slaying of it's inhabitants, some rumors have taken arise that other and more sinister acts are being enacted there.

- Suggestions - Clear out the outside mobs and the mobs inside the hallways. Perhaps use it as a Blight Coven area, hint at Vrahn, bah just kidding.

14 - Uldaman - Badlands - Dwarven, Dark Iron Dwarf, Earthen, Troggs

* More to come **
Reserved **
Hmm, Gnomeregan?
Mabra Dragonbasher- A battle hungry dwarven lady, hirable for personal protection and for larger tasks requiring violence.
OH BOY HERE IT GOES ABOUT GNOMEREGAN!

The city itself can't even be approached due to the gasses being fumed out of the city on a daily basis, along with a large population of creatures going in and out all the time (Leper gnomes and Darkiron Dwarves, for instance.)

Personally? I don't think Gnomeregan can be closed. It is still a fully-functioning city....but being run by madmen being slowly poisoned by fumes, if that wasn't the case the city would not be *running* and there would be no (assumed) trade happening outside the Alliance and Horde.

From the perspective of the (surviving) Gnomes, Gnomeregan would be almost like a huge failure. They where tricked into thinking they could get rid of the Troggs, but the city was simply destroyed due to one persons lust for power, and the general population of the race would feel like they where betrayed by such a trusted advisor to the very king himself. Gnomes would feel like there is still something left of their fantastic city, and I can see them doing anything possible to save it. Could that be because there isn't anything else LIKE Gnomeregan in Azeroth? Maybe. Or maybe they feel like they have been squatting with the Dwarves for too long.

SEE MY VIDEO: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vH8bi6HHIU&fmt=18
(Yes, I actually made this.)
Secrettom Wrote:Personally? I don't think Gnomeregan can be closed. It is still a fully-functioning city....but being run by madmen being slowly poisoned by fumes, if that wasn't the case the city would not be *running* and there would be no (assumed) trade happening outside the Alliance and Horde.

The way I'm looking at it is it's kinda like Chernobyl. Just wait it out and in a few years the gas will run out and the lepers will have rotted away. Sure they'll be vilnes and critters everywhere but it'll be pretty lol.
[Image: stonetalon-mountains.jpg?w=760]
The leper gnomes aren't rotting, though. They're intelligent enough, and it's not like they're undead. They're still alive. So, therefore, they will continue to inhabit the city until they die, and who knows when that will happen?

Also, the gas may run out, but the place will still be trogg-infested and tainted.
Ex-act-it-el-ly

Gnomeregan has pretty much become a city at war with the Alliance (Well, only because of the Gnomes) and (Assumed because of previous faction) the Horde. Similar to the zillions of Troll tribes, Darkiron Dwarves, or event the Goblins, if they didnt go Neutral.
About how many troggs are down in there? And are there still more coming at the current IC date?
Wiki at one time listed Leper Gnome close to 2,000 and Trogg at 5,000 inside Gnomeregan. As for more Trogg's coming from the Earth, that is plausible however, server lore wise we should wait till our GM decides on this or to just leave it as is.

Anyone's thoughts so far on the other zone / instance areas?
Scarlet Monastary may actually be abandoned/taken over by Forsaken/Misc. Undead at this point. It's already been established that Mograine murdered his son, and with the majority of their forces headed to Northrend the Death Knight starting area made it clear it was an abandonment, and not simply relocating forces. That's my two cents on that one.

I also think we can assume the forces in Blackrock have been defeated, at least their generals, though that should stay the same seeing as it was basically the population of two cities against each other.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Potential CotH custom lore world Dae 2 4,928 02-08-2015, 07:05 PM
Last Post: Maulbane
  Help with Blood Elven lore wsemler 4 1,097 09-05-2012, 01:06 PM
Last Post: Reigen
  Ask the Creative Devs #2 Lore Grakor456 12 3,426 06-23-2011, 06:12 PM
Last Post: Adam255
  Upcoming Lore FAQ Grakor456 31 4,943 04-08-2011, 06:49 AM
Last Post: Brutalskars
  Lore joke/seriousness. muhaha8 0 717 03-26-2011, 05:34 PM
Last Post: muhaha8