The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Regarding Character Progression
The new ability to make prestige classes for the purpose of character progession is great, and it kind of got me thinking about something.

Would one be allowed to remake a character as another class if it makes sense ICly? The application and method of the switch would be the exact same as the method for prestige classes: The template along with IC training either on the server from someone who is already that class, or on the forum from an NPC.

For example, if one were to have a Rogue character, someone who has lived on the fringes of society, committing crimes to get by, etc, etc, who decides to get away from all of that and... maybe join the military... or the clergy (after some severe and perhaps gruesome repenting)... or something to that effect, would that sort of change be allowed just as with the Prestige Classes now being offered? The same idea would apply as well in the reverse, where a Paladin might lose his faith and become a Rogue or something, etc, etc. I know the Prestige Classes a character could become would depend greatly on the class of that character, (Hunter -> Marksman, Warlock -> Plagueshifter), and this idea is completely different, but it might make for some interesting RP.

Anyway, just thought I'd ask. I'm working on a character that may or may not go through some change of heart depending on how some of the IC events go, and I wanted to know how far exactly I'd be allowed to change that character.

Thanks for taking the time to read this. :D
If it's within reason (not like a mage suddenly wanting to be a paladin) and you have a good story thought up for it, go for it. You could totally use the prestige app for that.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DAMN THIS COMMENT IS FANCY
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Character ideas that don't play by CotH character creation rules Dae 26 10,334 01-05-2015, 04:09 PM
Last Post: Dae
  Dragons, Progression, and What it means to us! OH MY! Harmonic 61 11,379 12-29-2013, 02:33 PM
Last Post: aroes
  IC OOC L (In-Character Out-Of-Character Location) Judgernaut 15 3,460 03-04-2012, 01:22 PM
Last Post: Judgernaut
  Rapid Progression Harmonic 9 1,589 04-10-2008, 12:58 PM
Last Post: Harmonic