The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Breakin Lore.
Where? People are quick to point the finger at us and say "Coth Lore doesn't take into account recent official lore". I'm sorry we don't let you guys in on our every plan/some of you don't read our posts, so here's a spoiler. We -are- following the current Northrend story introduced in the patches. Enjoy. My bad that I have to come up with ways to incorporate it rather than just shoving it in.

So I formally ask you. Where have we downright broken anything that suddenly has changed some minds/opinions?
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DAMN THIS COMMENT IS FANCY
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
People shouldn't be moaning, everyone's entitled to their opinions, yes, but some people have blown it way out of proportion. Personaly I think, since I've been here the storyline progression of the server has been suspenseful, interesting and exiting.

Come on people, if you have an opinion say it, but the only reason people have mentioned it today is because people have raged about it, there's no need for it really.
There's also the fact that if you don't like the Lore, don't just sit there and b***h about it, actually voice your opinion. GMs aren't people who go "DENIED!" whenever you try and speak you know.

But do it in a constructive critism like manner.
"I am more afraid of one hundred sheep led by a lion than one hundred lions led by a sheep."
Like one smart GM once said.."Blizzard lore is what sells, ours is what is interesting." Long story short, if you don't like the server lore and like the retail one..then what is the problem? RP wherever you want, just don't try to change your places.

Trying my best to not sound mean, but seriously..it's common sense.
So Ivan say to me "Who was talking device then?"

And then Sergei say "But Ivan is dead"

That is when I realize Sergei was bear.
I see it this way....Retail places an object without reason or...just because certain overpowered lore figure spawns it. CoTH places that same object into the game, yet makes sure there is a feasible explanation for that certain object instead of just appearing.

Certain people don't see that, unfortunately. Of course, I appreciate how CoTH explains current lore more. Especially those little storylines you guys make. It rocks.

Except for the Sin'Sholai story arc though. Went really unexpected for me (Or maybe just cause I didn't see the hints and story posts coming), but current hints in the game and lore explained it perfectly and it turned out just well. Now that we're doing snippets of an expansion like CoTH: Tides of Change though, I really see this as no longer a problem for me personally, at least.
[Image: 2r3hym9.png]
Main Characters:
Riggs Ravenhook - Swarmy Old Goblin Thief and Corporate Nuisance
Gorudo Goldforge - Goldforge Clan Remnant and Ranger
Turic Carsten - Stormwind Regular

http://diethe.deviantart.com/
I see little wrong with those that voice their opinions on the server's progression. It is our players that the Content GM's do this for; they don't do it out of some masturbatory need to make their own stories on whim solely because they say so. Atop of that; everything that does happen is something that is agreed upon by the GM staff as a whole, because we want the stories to be as cohesive and believable as possible, while giving everyone a chance to play a part in it.

Those that cry foul, or decide to rage about it without any decency to take things into a civil matter - bluntly, are better off playing elsewhere. It will never cease to amaze me the sheer disrespect that amounts, and the vitriol that is spewed by people when things don't go their way. With dispositions like that, please allow us to show you the door, so we can promptly uninstall you from our presences. It isn't welcome, and we're better off without your negativities and drama that is fueled by teenage-angst.
[corners=forumbg forumbg-table][table=tablebg table1][thead][tr=0][th=4]Character Information[/th][/tr][/thead][tbody][tr=bg1][td=1,]Name[/td][td=1,]Affiliation[/td][td=1,]Status[/td][td=1,]Title[/td][/tr]
[tr=bg2][td=1,]Ivy Killinger[/td][td=1,]The Lodestone Company[/td][td=1,]Inebriated[/td][td=1,]Drunken Fightin' Wench[/td][/tr]
[tr=bg2][td=1,]Uulari[/td][td=1,][/td][td=1,]Alive[/td][td=1,]Seer[/td][/tr]
[tr=bg2][td=1,]Vyrsallia Scythefall[/td][td=1,][/td][td=1,]Alive[/td][td=1,]Guttersnipe and Ne'erdowell[/td][/tr][/tbody][/table][/corners]
[Image: badge.jpg]
I'm a Shaman? Really? Huh.
Being new to the server, and understanding how it progresses and why some places aren't open for RP, only makes sense if the storyline is to truly progress at any degree, just as one lives a life they change, their history changes and who they are become stronger, more defined.
In order for a character to progress, they need change to instigate, motivate, them if you will. I can only agree that IC, the RP's to progress the storyline to open up more options for players to RP in is a great idea, I only wish I could keep up better with it There are a lot of topics :)

this is a peons point of view, take it for what it's worth, if anything at all :)
Quote:xcept for the Sin'Sholai story arc though. Went really unexpected for me

:(

Here's a link! viewtopic.php?f=18&t=10243

We even did some of that in game, a few people managed to parts of it on their blood elves!
All makt åt Tengil, vår befriare!

Yeah, we actually had Rommath, Theron, and the Forsaken go around Silvermoon and talk one day. It was the beginning post in a few-months-long chain of IC posts with about a month prior of organization and more of wanting to do it. In fact, we're not done with the arc yet so why not wait and comment when things are squared away?
If anything, CotH is actually helping the lore in my opinion. The way the storylines are released simply astounds me.. And in a good way. I'm always excited to see the next great release!
Jeneal jumps into the water. "HAHAHAHAHA!" She turns into a seal.
If I only had a nickel everytime I heard a Tauren, Orc or Troll mention their dislike for the 'dead-things' and the 'elf's in the Horde. This has probably been coming since the release of the Burning Legion. But as Kaghuros said, the story isn't done yet so let's see what's coming up.

I am pleasantly, and constantly, surprised how quick and active the whole management team gets things together. Could you imagine Blizzard (and their millions of monthly paydays) trying something like the Sin'sholai story? Or the Lich King attacks?

Nevermind what else has happened in the history of CotH. Good job team.
The true test of his choice lies forward.
— The story of the Silithian.

See life through shades of silver.
Ural Wrote:I am pleasantly, and constantly, surprised how quick and active the whole management team gets things together. Could you imagine Blizzard (and their millions of monthly paydays) trying something like the Sin'sholai story? Or the Lich King attacks?

*Points to the opening event of WotLK, when the Scourge attacked SW and Orgrimmar, and the whole big plague event before that.* That was awesome.

*Also points to the Wrathgate/Battle for the Undercity questlines.* Even more epic.
Being new to the server, I'm not sure if I'm in a position to say this. I've read most of this servers recent lore, and in my opinion, all of it seems to follow lore straight through. Yes, maybe somethings aren't exactly like what Blizzard has done in retail, but wheres the fun in re-doing whats been done in retail? Sin'Sholai was actually a very good idea, seeing as how in lore the Forsaken and Old Horde aren't exactly BFF's, where as the Forsaken and Blood Elves have history together linked by Sylvanas.

I think COTH's small additions to the lore make it much more interesting to RP, and allows much more room for development. As Ural said earlier, The Old Horde is often racist to Elves and Undead due to their unnatural origins of Demonic Magic, and the Undead being originated from the Scourge. The storylines not finished yet, so its a bit rushed to be saying its against lore.

'Tis my opinion ^^.
I, personally, am very happy about the things our GMs do here on CotH. The storylines they do are really interesting and fun in my opinion - also, it provides tons of great material for RP. And really, it mends the lore, not breaks it, fills in the holes left by Blizzard, not makes more. The way I see it, going through a detailed explanation about how Thing X came to happen before it is actually implemented is better than ROFLBOOMTHROWING it down with... 9 words of explanation. In other words, I think that the CotH way of implementing new things and lore is better than the Blizzard one.

All in all, I really like the ways of CotH and fully support them.

That is all.

P.S.: You'll have to forgive me for any mistakes I made because I'm sorta sleepy and with the first days of school and a tripled workload I feel like my brain was being sucked by a vaccuum cleaner the whole day.
What? you mean breaking a lore thats already busted with a hammer into tiny lil shards of half lore WTF was that about nonesense?

Now that you opened the floodgate you get to hear the rant! Blizzard boned the lore of warcraft continuously before WoW even suffered its first expansion so you cant blaim the devs of this server for that. Not to mention they just keep doin it over and over its hard to even make general directions on where to take the lore. So in that sense, I applaude you fine folks for doing the job you did. At least there was some explaination on the Northrend integration, unlike blizzard that just said: "Look! we just noticed that arthas was coming around the corner even though he raped and pillaged two kingdoms!"

As for the sin'sholai thing, well, its makes more backwards sense then the blood elves joining the horde. I really wanna know the person at blizzard who thought up that idiot idea. "I know! we will lump in the elf remnants with old enemies from two past wars and with undead remnants that tore there races heart out and feasted on it! Its brilliant!" Its something that makes my mind hurt every day, but its there, so the devs did something interesting and unique with it...and something that makes logical sense! Hooray them.

In short, you want a story that makes some logical progression well...I hear theres still WC3 rp guilds out there...If not, then hug your local admin for at least making some sense of the storyline and thank your lucky stars they try.

And just for a example about how goofy the lore became, I turn to someone else who shot his mind so full of cocaine like the thinkers at blizzard. Bob Saget:
"Whos your daddy, say my name, look me in the eye, true dat." -Bob Saget, That aint right.

....Thats right, If you can make sense of that, then indeed, you should be able to piece together the dead mule they hacked to bloody gore and pieces that is the lore of retail WoW. Welcome to the jobs Coth Admins have and enjoy!
Broken RP is no RP at all.

[Image: 154946_9003f319c771f940f00312d71ffe2980.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Potential CotH custom lore world Dae 2 4,928 02-08-2015, 07:05 PM
Last Post: Maulbane
  Help with Blood Elven lore wsemler 4 1,097 09-05-2012, 01:06 PM
Last Post: Reigen
  Ask the Creative Devs #2 Lore Grakor456 12 3,426 06-23-2011, 06:12 PM
Last Post: Adam255
  Upcoming Lore FAQ Grakor456 31 4,943 04-08-2011, 06:49 AM
Last Post: Brutalskars