The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Player related stories that change CotH
Being that I'm pretty much new here, I wanna do some cool stuff with my character.

But have there been times that the characters have added too or become permanent lore members of the CotH storyline?

Kind of like -

(Example)

Joe and his friends ran Naxxramas- Officially - Naxxramas has been destroyed and taken control of by Joe and his friends. (Even though the monsters and bosses respawn)
[Image: brightwizardresizet.png]
Conquest of the Horde's self proclaimed "Bright Wizard"
A Man is not measured by his personal achievements, but by the acheivements of his personnel-Commissar Yarrick
There are character related stories, sure. But running instances and the like is near to impossible because of the sheer amount of actual IC enemy presence inside of them, and there have been player stories, that in some small way might change coth over time, such as one you'd see from a GM or a leader of a giant organization, but that of a single-player I do not believe is possible, because as had been said many times for many many many different things, we try to make sure our characters aren't too OP.
That's understandable, So if a major guild went bonkers and decided they wanted control of a Small city for operations, that could become a major storyline?
A Man is not measured by his personal achievements, but by the acheivements of his personnel-Commissar Yarrick
Yes. And remember. City may be small, but if they're say.. aligned with Stormwind, the army will be marching to kill your face.
Crunchym8: Work tomorrow at a greenhouse, followed by a D&D session. Aw fel yeaahhh I can't be more hardcore.
Crunchym8: WE'RE PLANTING THE MUMS AND THE DAYLILLIES TOMORROW AND IF WE HAVE TIME SNAPDRAGONS
Crunchym8: I AM SO MANLY.
Player made changes have been done though they require a lot of work.

For example: Back when I was a grunt I had a character named Lazarus he was the leader of a pretty popular guild (A little inactive at the moment and I think I should change that.) called the Lambent Sovereignty. Three months before anything happened IC officially I asked the Gm's about Stromgarde and the possibility of reclaiming it. They told me after that it is possible but you have to take in account the Syndicate which are probably in the hundreds and the Ogres and Trolls. So basically I would have to find a way to get an army to assist me without it being part of my guild because NPC's are not allowed to be a part of player guilds.

After that I began planning IC with rallies, gathering of people to explain the history of Stromgarde and began talking with a man who was a member of the Stormwind Military though at the time Lazarus did not know this he was a member of the Sovereignty sent by Stormwind to assess the new group of Paladins. Luckily for me there was also a small army in Stromgarde that would help as they have been trying to reclaim it for years. After three months (Actual Months) of planning and eventually getting the support from Stormwind the Coalition began it's move fighting to take the city after another month of IC battles, NPC Battles and a large final attack the city was taken and repairs had begun eventually creating what is now the Reclaimed Stromgarde.

So it is possible but you must do a few things:

First! Talk to the Gm's about your idea make sure you have it planned out and send a PM to one of the Content GM's.

Second: Make sure it's possible and something that will benefit the server. (Provides RP, Makes Sense)

Third: Don't start doing IC things until you get an answer! I can't stress this enough I've seen it many times where an Idea is put forth and RP starts and then when it gets turned down or is allowed but not the way the person wanted and they drop out so they drop out forgetting all the RP and leaving some rather annoyed players who are mad at the person and the GM's for denying it. This can be avoided so please make sure talk to the GM's and if you do want to do some stuff make sure it's stuff that can be stopped and not put yourself in a spot where you can't ICly get out of it.
[Image: classic-76561197997915481.png]
Cool, That really gives hope for the idea I wanna play with :D
Quote:Yes. And remember. City may be small, but if they're say.. aligned with Stormwind, the army will be marching to kill your face.
Unless you're Westfall. Then they'll let the other guy kill your face instead. Appropo of nothing.
Have some MIND CONTROL JERKY! (Care of Drukag)
[Image: 3YOM.gif]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Things change Magikox 3 6,966 06-19-2015, 01:17 PM
Last Post: Kretol
  [CotH-aluation] Player/Staff Communications Loxmardin 8 2,695 02-16-2014, 12:54 AM
Last Post: Jonoth
  Returning Player - from before Cataclysm ghaskan 6 1,510 12-06-2013, 07:41 AM
Last Post: ghaskan
  Leader's short stories Wuvvums 0 620 04-21-2013, 10:52 AM
Last Post: Wuvvums
  Profile Change? zeromanzx 8 1,232 01-27-2012, 09:17 AM
Last Post: SachikoMaeda