The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Profile Change?
I'm wondering if it is possible to have a currently archived profile, changed into a special profile.

The reason being that I never actually... used Thaddeus for anything. But now he is developing along the lines of his profile, only generally. I want him to be a noble, and have his own house now. So, could I request to edit it into him being a Noble?
Yesterday, is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
but today, is a gift.
That is why it is called the present.
I believe that this is possible and it's very admirable that you're pursuing to have the profile re-approved rather than just tacking these new qualities onto your character.

The need for a special profile depends upon the amount of power your character will wield. For example, many people have characters that are members of noble houses, but they're often in disarray or have lost power over the recent conflicts. As a result, they possess titles but have little ability to influence the world (and, indirectly, other players' characters).

If Thaddeus will have a title and house but little power, you can probably assume this without having staff member approval. If you plan on giving him power, authority, significant funds, or anything that would potentially impact other characters, you'll most likely need that approval or should at least get a staff member to review it to make sure.
Oh, I was told quite a while ago that all Nobles needed special profiles regardless.

But in any case, yes he would need one from what you are saying.
Yesterday, is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
but today, is a gift.
If I remember correctly, any type of noble is a special profile.
[Image: anigif_mobile_9893b2566588ab845c7985f71769a9f2-7.gif]
If that's correct, then I apologize. I've been out of touch with the community for a while and recently came back. The policy in the past was that the idea of special profiles comes into play if the character is significantly different from the norm or if the character possesses means/powers/abilities/whatever that may potentially grant them a decisive advantage over other players; this may have since changed.
What Piroksa said. Apologies if that is the policy, as I also gave the same answer when asked.
Frogspawned: RAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!
Frogspawned: Frogspawned flips a table.
Frogspawned: (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

FROG, STOP FLIPPING TABLES. YOU'RE MAKING A MESS.

Frogspawned: ┬─┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)
Where might I go about requesting this change?
Yesterday, is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
but today, is a gift.
Depends on how you're doing it. You might need to put up a topic in the private discussion thread if the character is changing from commoner to noble, like regaining lost nobility or discovering he has ties, ect. You may also be required to do a little post or two explaining it in the In-character thread.

If you're adding it in as a retcon, as in the character has always been a noble, that would have an impact on the history and would likely need a full re-submit in special profiles, though I would ask a GM for full confirmation on that.
You could always go the fun route and have them gain nobility through IC pursuits. It leads for some very interesting stories and RPs.

I can vouch that assembling your own house can be quite difficult, but is very rewarding in the end. Especially if you end up successful in your venture. Lots of people tend to flock to noble house RP for whatever reason it may be.

Though you will need to get GM approval after a while if I remember correctly.
[Image: KceuhuX.gif][Image: eKcKrrq.png]
I am tech support

[4:16:27 PM] Cristovao di Silvio ( @"CappnRob"): theres the bar. then theres the bottom of the barrel, then theres you sachi

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Things change Magikox 3 6,966 06-19-2015, 01:17 PM
Last Post: Kretol
  Possible change regarding necromancers and runemasters Grakor456 29 5,213 06-15-2011, 04:54 PM
Last Post: hyenaskate
  Player related stories that change CotH Ob3y 6 1,399 09-10-2009, 12:59 PM
Last Post: Gricca
  Change of Heart Painkillah 4 1,177 06-28-2009, 05:04 PM
Last Post: Maulbane
  Sex Change Costs $15 Vrahn 14 2,332 12-13-2008, 01:36 PM
Last Post: Lyre