The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

[Suggestion] Quests
Wipe the original quests from the Database and write CotH specific ones.

I know I know, seems a bit much, however it is still a thought. >:+)

Then we can have members submit quest suggestions and ideas based on out lore.

"Z"
Great idea, except that would require a LOT of work by the staff... Like... a ridiculously unreasonable amount of work for them aside from what they already do, plus it would make it harder for new characters to level to a reasonable place.

Good in theory, bad in actual execution...
As someone wise once said, the important thing is never to be fearless or confident. Most people have more than enough trouble with both. The trick is to fake it, because if you learn to fake it properly, it's the same thing as actually having confidence.
Spoiler:
[Image: c4i6Zq5.png]
The leveling should not be that much of a concern since once you have your character and profile approved, that character gets insta-80.

If I remember it can take a bit of getting used to when writing quests for the data base, however it is far easier IMO than placing and getting NPCs/Mobs or spells and abilities to work properly.

That is unless much has changed from when I was doing it. Quest writing was always a joy.

And quests would be made as needed/wanted. Also would give chances for community involvement to a greater scale.

If I had the Quest tables and knew which DB and EMU was being used I think I could write a quest or two, still.

Hardest part was thinking up the quest text. >:+)

"Z"
Quote:The leveling should not be that much of a concern since once you have your character and profile approved, that character gets insta-80.

What about the peons?
As someone wise once said, the important thing is never to be fearless or confident. Most people have more than enough trouble with both. The trick is to fake it, because if you learn to fake it properly, it's the same thing as actually having confidence.
Spoiler:
[Image: c4i6Zq5.png]
You need to be a Grunt to have your approved profile leveled.

But that said, I do love this idea, but it'd need to be done at a time where the staff have a LOT of free time. Even know they're quite busy, and this is usually the time of considerably less inactivity.
"I am more afraid of one hundred sheep led by a lion than one hundred lions led by a sheep."
Perhaps in each of the starting locations there is a quest that gives enough XP to get to level 5 (or other level), and other quest that get them to 10, then 20 then 30. These could be stepping stone quests.

"Z"
I like this idea in theory because the GMs could provide quests that, say, initiate new players to the server lore (e.g. blood elf starting quests that talk about the recent Blood Pact). However, most people blindly level instead of actually reading quest text, and the quests that Blizzard has in place are fine. I, personally, don't quest on CotH after I hit 80 (and usually don't have the patience to quest before then). The likelihood that this would ever happen is next to none, though it is a pretty good idea. I just don't see much use for it beyond the initial "look at what we did" note.
[Image: lichkingfell.png]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Custom Location Suggestion Andy7565 2 1,124 08-25-2013, 11:30 AM
Last Post: Kimaira
Photo Wiki page suggestion Andy7565 4 1,157 08-06-2013, 11:29 AM
Last Post: Memnoch
  Suggestion for a new place to build. FlyingSquirrel 2 853 07-05-2013, 11:29 AM
Last Post: FlyingSquirrel
  [Suggestion] Forum Portfolios Traid 8 1,560 02-03-2013, 02:47 PM
Last Post: Kretol
  [Suggestion] Profile Anonymity Delta 30 5,105 01-24-2013, 01:06 PM
Last Post: Reigen