The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Campfire Chat
Gather 'round, chilluns. We's gonna have a little chat 'round da campfiah. An' dis chat'll be 'bout.. Epic gears.

Ah yes, the beautiful, lovely, incredibly flashy gear that Blizzard gives us to use for raiding their instances and killing their bosses. As many(or everyone) would know, they are very 'epic' looking. Whether it be your eyes glowing a pretty red or yellow, or your shoulders looking like mini-volcanoes, it's out there for all to see. Now.. I have been seeing this a good amount lately.. And it makes me sad-panda faise, honestly.

Why is it that people choose to get armor that.. honestly, doesn't even look realistic? To sacrifice realism for 'epik lewkz'? Think about it.. How many people do you see walking around with armor/clothes that radiate with light? Or that give off sparks at random? Or even glow faintly? Sure, this is a magical world, and there are many magical items and artifacts, but really? Why would your character have such a thing? Because you requested it from a GM? C'mon, people. Using a weapon that's twice the size of you and you're a human? Sure, he's strong, but think of how much that thing weighs. And -why- does he have it? Is he really that special that he was given a mace that the head of it is bigger than a Gnome? A priest that has a hood with a glowing halo? Why? Are you some type of holy being that descended from the heavens?(Note: Random examples that were given, not directed at anyone.)

Again, please, PLEASE think about what you're requesting before you decide to use it ICly. Even generals of the armies in WoW don't have such majorly epic gear(well, maybe some) but look at their rank? They're near-lore figures, if not actual lore figures. And players aren't supposed to be as epic/OP looking as lore figures. I know we all want to look cool and unique, but.. at what cost? Immersion? Realism? When I see people in this gear I just sigh and shake my head. I'm all for getting OOC gear that's top-notch(Hey, easy farmin' = easy moneyz) but ICly? And -then- they'll be all tough with people. Isn't that a bit.. unfair? Mister Warrior in T9 with a weapon the size of a bear walking up to little old Average Joe who wears nothing but overalls and a dirty shirt will start stuff with him and be all snarky? C'mon now.

And another thing is.. does it even fit your race? Would your character be caught dead in whatever you're wearing? How do you acquire such gear if every NPC of your race wears the exact opposite? Things like this kill my immersion, personally, and just frustrate me. I understand, we all wish to be unique, but your character's uniqueness comes from their personality, not their armor or weapon.

So, again. -Please- put more thought into what you're going to request for your characters. Sometimes you can get an -amazing- looking set just by visiting the AH and mix-matching things, and it will look realistic and fit your character, too I'm sure! I've done it many times.

And this was not directed at any certain person, it was directed at the community. If you for some reason fit an example here, apologies, I did not mean it, they were simply the first thoughts that came to my head.

Anyway.. /rant off

TL;DR:
Get the eff back to the top and read it and stop being lazy. >=(
Frogspawned: RAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!
Frogspawned: Frogspawned flips a table.
Frogspawned: (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

FROG, STOP FLIPPING TABLES. YOU'RE MAKING A MESS.

Frogspawned: ┬─┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)
Gather 'round, chilluns. We's gonna have a little chat 'round da campfiah. An' dis chat'll be 'bout.. Epic gears.

Ah yes, the beautiful, lovely, incredibly flashy gear that Blizzard gives us to use for raiding their instances and killing their bosses. As many(or everyone) would know, they are very 'epic' looking. Whether it be your eyes glowing a pretty red or yellow, or your shoulders looking like mini-volcanoes, it's out there for all to see. Now.. I have been seeing this a good amount lately.. And it makes me sad-panda faise, honestly.

Why is it that people choose to get armor that.. honestly, doesn't even look realistic? To sacrifice realism for 'epik lewkz'? Think about it.. How many people do you see walking around with armor/clothes that radiate with light? Or that give off sparks at random? Or even glow faintly? Sure, this is a magical world, and there are many magical items and artifacts, but really? Why would your character have such a thing? Because you requested it from a GM? C'mon, people. Using a weapon that's twice the size of you and you're a human? Sure, he's strong, but think of how much that thing weighs. And -why- does he have it? Is he really that special that he was given a mace that the head of it is bigger than a Gnome? A priest that has a hood with a glowing halo? Why? Are you some type of holy being that descended from the heavens?(Note: Random examples that were given, not directed at anyone.)

Again, please, PLEASE think about what you're requesting before you decide to use it ICly. Even generals of the armies in WoW don't have such majorly epic gear(well, maybe some) but look at their rank? They're near-lore figures, if not actual lore figures. And players aren't supposed to be as epic/OP looking as lore figures. I know we all want to look cool and unique, but.. at what cost? Immersion? Realism? When I see people in this gear I just sigh and shake my head. I'm all for getting OOC gear that's top-notch(Hey, easy farmin' = easy moneyz) but ICly? And -then- they'll be all tough with people. Isn't that a bit.. unfair? Mister Warrior in T9 with a weapon the size of a bear walking up to little old Average Joe who wears nothing but overalls and a dirty shirt will start stuff with him and be all snarky? C'mon now.

And another thing is.. does it even fit your race? Would your character be caught dead in whatever you're wearing? How do you acquire such gear if every NPC of your race wears the exact opposite? Things like this kill my immersion, personally, and just frustrate me. I understand, we all wish to be unique, but your character's uniqueness comes from their personality, not their armor or weapon.

So, again. -Please- put more thought into what you're going to request for your characters. Sometimes you can get an -amazing- looking set just by visiting the AH and mix-matching things, and it will look realistic and fit your character, too I'm sure! I've done it many times.

And this was not directed at any certain person, it was directed at the community. If you for some reason fit an example here, apologies, I did not mean it, they were simply the first thoughts that came to my head.

Anyway.. /rant off

TL;DR:
Get the eff back to the top and read it and stop being lazy. >=(

You've got a really good point. People shouldn't be running around with golden shoulderpads that would cost thousands, and not even a high-ranking officer with a phenomenal pay could buy, with glowing suns on them, you could be a paladin, but c'mon. Tirion Fordring is a MAJOR lore character and he doesn't even wear as uber looking gear as that. So, when you get your RP gear, keep in mind, each time you buy unrealistic gear that doesn't make sense with your character, 30 cats are murdered. Please save the cats, and stop unrealistic RP gear wearing.
You've got a really good point. People shouldn't be running around with golden shoulderpads that would cost thousands, and not even a high-ranking officer with a phenomenal pay could buy, with glowing suns on them, you could be a paladin, but c'mon. Tirion Fordring is a MAJOR lore character and he doesn't even wear as uber looking gear as that. So, when you get your RP gear, keep in mind, each time you buy unrealistic gear that doesn't make sense with your character, 30 cats are murdered. Please save the cats, and stop unrealistic RP gear wearing.
I've been seeing this alot, too. Ever since we've opened the doors for people to join without having an accepted introduction. And it's not that I say that the CoTH-leadership has done wrong; it's just a natural effect of it.

It ticks me off. I could rant on and on though, but you've got it neatly summarized in your post, Piken. So I'll just say /signed.
I've been seeing this alot, too. Ever since we've opened the doors for people to join without having an accepted introduction. And it's not that I say that the CoTH-leadership has done wrong; it's just a natural effect of it.

It ticks me off. I could rant on and on though, but you've got it neatly summarized in your post, Piken. So I'll just say /signed.
Lol I can't even make a account to play on the server with. + it says login server down.
Lol I can't even make a account to play on the server with. + it says login server down.
I've actually noticed this before the policy-change on introductions several times. It's actually common in a lot of players to feel the need to stand-out from time to time. But I think this shouldn't be done by having the "flashy" gear and weapons.
I've actually noticed this before the policy-change on introductions several times. It's actually common in a lot of players to feel the need to stand-out from time to time. But I think this shouldn't be done by having the "flashy" gear and weapons.
I uh just wanted to say my armor doesn't actually glow.

I just like the high-resolution model, not the effects. Serious.

Move him into the sun—
Gently its touch awoke him once,
At home, whispering of fields half-sown.
Always it woke him, even in France,
Until this morning and this snow.
If anything might rouse him now
The kind old sun will know.

Think how it wakes the seeds,—
Woke, once, the clays of a cold star.
Are limbs, so dear-achieved, are sides,
Full-nerved—still warm—too hard to stir?
Was it for this the clay grew tall?
—O what made fatuous sunbeams toil
To break earth’s sleep at all?
[Image: 62675bf4fd.jpg] [Image: 0e7357dcfe.jpg]
I uh just wanted to say my armor doesn't actually glow.

I just like the high-resolution model, not the effects. Serious.

Move him into the sun—
Gently its touch awoke him once,
At home, whispering of fields half-sown.
Always it woke him, even in France,
Until this morning and this snow.
If anything might rouse him now
The kind old sun will know.

Think how it wakes the seeds,—
Woke, once, the clays of a cold star.
Are limbs, so dear-achieved, are sides,
Full-nerved—still warm—too hard to stir?
Was it for this the clay grew tall?
—O what made fatuous sunbeams toil
To break earth’s sleep at all?
[Image: 62675bf4fd.jpg] [Image: 0e7357dcfe.jpg]
Honestly, I'll admit, a lot of the Tier armor can look -really- nice. Just.. not the shoulders or head pieces. Those are the most epic ones. The other parts, they're very nice looking and actually match with other things if you can find them. And kudos to people who have the patience to do so. xD I rarely do.

Honestly, I'll admit, a lot of the Tier armor can look -really- nice. Just.. not the shoulders or head pieces. Those are the most epic ones. The other parts, they're very nice looking and actually match with other things if you can find them. And kudos to people who have the patience to do so. xD I rarely do.

Piken Wrote:Sometimes you can get an -amazing- looking set just by visiting the AH and mix-matching things, and it will look realistic and fit your character, too I'm sure! I've done it many times.

And I absolutely agree =D Randomness always gives good results (I've done it too) ^^

On a more serious note, it seems that the difference between OOC and IC roles seem to have been blurred. It's important to know that difference, especially when it comes to gear and abilities, gear being the topic here. My suggestion: have two seperate sets of equipment, one for RP and the other for OOC use. Also, I would recommend that having overly epic looking gear be considered a minor IC crime, such that those seen with it -should- be asked to change by guards / arrested. Reason? In the Warcraft Universe / most fantasy based themes, clothes or items that are usually 'too good' for the person's background (like, a merchant wearing pauldrons that radiate light, or a footsoldier with a sword taller than him) are usually confiscated. Makes sense, no? Since the king / ruler wouldn't want anyone outshining him / would want the stuff for himself. He / she -is- the king / ruler for a reason. =3

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Chat rule clarifications? Harmonic 39 5,939 04-07-2012, 11:18 AM
Last Post: Harmonic
  /chat Question Mike 9 1,395 11-24-2009, 07:59 AM
Last Post: Mike
  Chat is -not- the new Barrens. Harmonic 47 8,193 09-19-2009, 07:17 AM
Last Post: Hawk
  WoW: Arthas - Christie Golden Q&A chat log. Nostra 1 777 04-16-2009, 09:57 AM
Last Post: Vrahn
  PvP System (Issues brought up on the chat on Wed 08 April) Blaize 6 1,230 04-10-2009, 02:24 PM
Last Post: Aisha