The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

To quell any rumors regarding any server restart...
To those who may have been spreading rumors as a result of the drama the 'Two Ugly Words' thread spawned... specifically, those telling others "z0mg u shuld levae whil u hav a chaenc cuz ur gunna loss ur char lulz" or something similar (hopefully without the l33tsp34k, at least):

Shut Up.

Unfortunately, the aforementioned thread went through its course within about a day. The last time I saw it before it got locked was when it had maybe... two pages. After that, sleep got hold of me, and then I had to go to work the next day. What did I find when I was checking while at work? A maelstrom of drama and apparently people getting up in arms over something that was still in discussion. At the current point in time, that thread is locked away in our GM Archives while I try to go through and process everything (honestly, I only have had a chance to read up to page 7, as well as the last couple of pages).

I can say, however, that I do not intend on making everyone lose everything they've worked for. What I -aim- to do, if we do indeed go through a sort of server restart, is to make it as painless as feasibly possible. It's easy enough to retcon lore, or at least alter your history a bit if your character would be affected by it. Personally, I would rather have our storylines somehow be integrated into Cataclysm or at least be back to somewhat-normal before then. For example, perhaps Lor'themar is resurrected by the Naaru after all the hardships the BElves went through; Gnomeregan being retaken before Cataclysm (which we believe will have Gnomeregan back anyway) doesn't seem impossible (well, with the current storyline being frozen, it may be difficult to do), and we could say that our characters (who participated in our storyline) were the ones who helped get it retaken.

I'm sure other storylines that we have unfinished could be either worked into a conclusion beforehand as well, if said storylines require closure.

I'm kind of rambling at this point, but I will again state that I don't intend on making people lose everything they worked for. The restart is not set in stone, it's still being discussed, and if it happens, once again I will try and make the transition as easy as it can be.
Too late, Kret. I'm quitting. *Points thread*

Jokes aside...all we can all probably say is...looking forward to it, Kret! We do what we always do! Put a CoTH backstory as explanations to in-game happenings.
[Image: 2r3hym9.png]
Main Characters:
Riggs Ravenhook - Swarmy Old Goblin Thief and Corporate Nuisance
Gorudo Goldforge - Goldforge Clan Remnant and Ranger
Turic Carsten - Stormwind Regular

http://diethe.deviantart.com/
Yar, from what I hear Gnomer becomes an Alliance city in Cata.
[Image: Signature.png]
I'm glad you posted this, Kretol, I was worried when I started hearing these rumors popping up. >.<

Anyway, I look forward to whatever conclusion you come to! :D
Vrahn Wrote:Yar, from what I hear Gnomer becomes an Alliance city in Cata.
Really? I hadn't heard that. Less work for the builder(s)! LOL
Finally... Some rationality.
Crunchym8: Work tomorrow at a greenhouse, followed by a D&D session. Aw fel yeaahhh I can't be more hardcore.
Crunchym8: WE'RE PLANTING THE MUMS AND THE DAYLILLIES TOMORROW AND IF WE HAVE TIME SNAPDRAGONS
Crunchym8: I AM SO MANLY.
There's a rumor about Ironforge...for the first time in history, being destroyed or taken over too. Probably because of the close proximity of the city to the rift Deathwing caused.

Pssh. Azshara > Deathwing. By the time Azshara becomes a final boss, Sargeras would soon be the next one.
[Image: 2r3hym9.png]
Main Characters:
Riggs Ravenhook - Swarmy Old Goblin Thief and Corporate Nuisance
Gorudo Goldforge - Goldforge Clan Remnant and Ranger
Turic Carsten - Stormwind Regular

http://diethe.deviantart.com/
Meh... if it happens, it happens... at least the server will still be around for epic RP action ^^
A way I don't think anyone has looked at the Server Restart possibility, is it may be harder to roleplay your character after cat, rather than just starting anew, Cat. lore in stow. I think this is the point of aforementioned restarts.
jasonb Wrote:A way I don't think anyone has looked at the Server Restart possibility, is it may be harder to roleplay your character after cat, rather than just starting anew, Cat. lore in stow. I think this is the point of aforementioned restarts.
Let's not get started on this again. >.>
Quote:Let's not get started on this again. >.>

Sorry :> I've been rather lax with my reading.

Just my humble thinking.
It's good there are always reasonable people against the unreasonable.
Kretol, for example, you are a great GM. Among SecretTom and some others, you are the one that I look up as, If I'd be a GM on -any- server, I'd sure be like you. Hell, I'd copy you.

*Is haunting the forums again*

I have such a little amount of things to do in the internet ._.

Still, just wanted to say this.
Azheron's back in business. For reals.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Character Restart Thread Xigo 127 22,697 10-19-2011, 03:46 PM
Last Post: Derek2319
  It just HAD to happen in Restart Day. ImagenAshyun 1 753 09-08-2011, 09:51 PM
Last Post: Djura
  Restart and [DP] Bovel 0 710 08-29-2011, 04:02 AM
Last Post: Bovel
  A Personal Restart Sadron 0 754 08-14-2011, 09:00 AM
Last Post: Sadron