The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Just A new Person Question...don't hurt me!!!
Hello all, names Nick or ansmnas by the name and Im just curious about a few things reguarding the server and all. As well as send a few impressed words of praise of what I hear about it.
1) My introduction. I made one recently and im just wondering were it went. I hit the submit thing and well it vanished. The reason behind this question is I usually read over my intros and such. A personal habit of mine for future improve ments. Like a rough draft but a finished project and to learn from past experiences. Also I ask this cause if it is suppose to appear or pop up somewhere then I would like to know, for if it does then I known ahead of time that I either

A) Somehow sent that intro into the void of cyberspace never to be seen again

B) My internet cannibalized it.

All not really amusing outcomes but I say this so I know im doing something right and from past experience with fourms I usally hate waiting to the last minute to reliaze I made an error and want to kick myself for not asking. Now in ADVANCE if this process was clarified within either the rules of introduction guildlines, forgive this question. I read the rules and stickys and possibly I didn't pick up the reason if so IM SORRY, IM SORRY, PLEASE TO BITE MY HEAD OFF, I just want to know so if (or when) my intro is looked at I know it went to the right place and not the neither. New guy, trying to make it work here.

2) Are there any events? Like can a player put together an event and with a GM's help makes it into a group or servers play through? Example if a player draws up a simple short plot or quest like in dungeons and dragons, and gets a small group together to play through it, can the GM like summon certain aspects into this like scenario per say? Within lore reason I mean
3) Is it possible for someone to give me a more in-depth idea about this place. Not server wise but current events and lore that took place. I say this because if my intro is approved and im allowed to play I would like to know what events, tragic or settings happened within the world so I know how to create my characters.
4) I. Love. This. Place, for the simple reason this seems to be a legit and functional role play server.

Thank for your time in reading this and have a very awesome day (even though it's a Monday)
Once again if these questions seem simple or are located within the forum some where then please re-direct me. I have no intentions on wasting anyone time. I just want to know how things work so I can avoid stupid mistakes (to the best of my abilities haha)
1. Your introduction was saved. It will probably be posted by a mod in the 'Introductions' section of the forum when it is accepted. It is done so your account will technically be the one posting - sorry if that doesn't make any sense, but the point is, it's safe.

2. I'm not sure if GMS can summon things into an event, but people certainly hold plenty of events. Check the 'Event Planning' or 'Storylines' subforums. There's also a special all-over channel ingame that's for people who want to meet up and roleplay.

3. We don't have a lot that's taken place besides the normal lore (there was an alliance between the Sin'dorei and the Forsaken that barred all other races (this was called the Sin'sholai) but it's over with. I recommend you check the Storylines subforum for more info on those.

4. Awwww. Once your intro is accepted, I'd love to play with you and introduce you to the server. Are you familiar with ingame roleplaying already?
Regarding server lore, the best place to find information is the wiki. There are hundreds of articles there, including a page all about server lore. You can learn about:

Those were some of the biggest things I noted when I joined the server. Also, Echos Islands and Gnomeregan appear to be in the hands of their respective races.

I spent a lot of time on the wiki before my introduction was approved and I still spend plenty of time on it. It's really fascinating what has happened on this server and the characters that you can (and hopefully will!) someday meet.
To the first one who posted - yes I am in dept in in-game role play. Before my account ended I was an active member on moonguard. Thank you for explaining it to me

Second post- Well damn, based on this the lore and events are a world withing themselves

(sorry for being so vage as first post, something is up with my browser and I cant copy and past names)
Quote:2) Are there any events? Like can a player put together an event and with a GM's help makes it into a group or servers play through? Example if a player draws up a simple short plot or quest like in dungeons and dragons, and gets a small group together to play through it, can the GM like summon certain aspects into this like scenario per say? Within lore reason I mean

This is an iffy one. A GM can't expend their time so far as to cater to every single event because, well, most of this should be using your imagination. Once something turns into a larger scale event, a GM can be contacted and worked with on approval of your event, and should end up showy and dramatic.

Quote:3) Is it possible for someone to give me a more in-depth idea about this place. Not server wise but current events and lore that took place. I say this because if my intro is approved and im allowed to play I would like to know what events, tragic or settings happened within the world so I know how to create my characters.

I believe the Lore in the Wiki covers most of it, the rest is learning by hand from other people. It takes a while, but there's not much to it.

You can ask any questions and we'll try our best to answer them!
[Image: wMRLoCF.gif]
Piroska Wrote:...Also, Echos Islands and Gnomeregan appear to be in the hands of their respective races. ...
Actually, Gnomeregan is still not absolutely in gnome hands. Deep down, the battle is paused and you can go and see armies and destruction... I sure hope it will go on though.
Well I just got accepted so Im happy haha. Hope to see you guys inside, My first character is Amor Blood Elve paladin. CANT WAIT to draw up his story

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gnome warrior person thing. Uthaniel 12 2,690 09-08-2011, 10:40 AM
Last Post: Djura
  Random peices of advice from a cynical person. JackofBlades 16 2,566 02-18-2011, 08:53 AM
Last Post: Drust
  Can Characters played by the same person know each other? Grimnir 20 3,733 07-17-2010, 08:42 AM
Last Post: Piroska
  A question on the Scarlet Crusade (Faction Question) Toulac 8 2,527 10-12-2009, 11:48 PM
Last Post: Diethe
  Sending PM's on behalf of a banned person? alienplushie 4 916 02-18-2009, 01:35 PM
Last Post: alienplushie