The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Random peices of advice from a cynical person.
I've got some wise pieces of advice, I can see it now, many people will rage, do I care? Mmm, no, rage here, rage anywhere, even try to get it deleted, I just don't really care.

To start off, Blood Elves...aren't attractive, neither are Night Elves, think about it, do you find something with long ears, that glows in the sun or is blue, attractive? So why play them -just- for their looks?

Most people came here to RP, not watch you steal the spotlight, if you came here for attention, prepare to be disappointed

Never sell yourself out. GM's are here to moderate and help with what they can, NEVER sell out your own opinion for theirs, they are as human as you are, sometimes less. Too many times people lose their spine and fold in to whatever a GM said, that's something you should do to your boss, not to a GM.

Kretol, god forbid, has enough friends already, spamming and swarming him doesn't do much, and it's not going to give you GM ship. Of course that's not like I'm asking you to avoid him like the plague, but...doing what some people do is, borderline stalkerish. Also on a fun note, Kretol in spell checker is Cresol

WoW is a fantasy game, not a realism game, I understand some people came to CotH to have some delicious realism, but...why come to Warcraft to be realistic? I came to be a hero/villain of Azeroth, who can slay beasts and ride a ram, I didn't come to hear the same “romance drama” and “friendship crisis” that I could exit my house to find.

Resurrection is an OOC mechanic, it is only allowed in RP because people refuse to throw away their characters very often, if Leonardo Da Vinchi lost some of his work, he would be upset, probably, but he would create something new. Until everyone learns to get along, and gives up either realism (no Resurrections) or fantasy (Resurrections) then we'll always have this odd mix.

Goblins, don't, care, about, your, drama. Unless you break something, In fact, unless it was about to cause a riot, I feel it is safe to say they'd laugh at someone getting stabbed.

ERP isn't a –bad- thing, it's still...Role Play, but, a fun fact is it was designed for actual couples looking to spice up their sex life. Also, I, and no doubt many others, don't care how many people you cybersex with...I...really really don't. If you are also proud at the number of people you ERP with, well, I'm sorry but please...just...find a nice girl or boy.

The Grizzled mercenary with the sawn off shotgun on his back and a cigarette in his mouth isn't original. You aren't the first to do it, and Mad Max will kick your ass, regardless, you cannot openly call somebody Mary Sue for making an “orphaned elf found by such and such” when we have 50 mercenaries and 600 blood elf loving night elves and 600 night elf loving blood elves.

Back to resurrection, if you did get resurrected...you would not be fine, you would not be ok, and you would be very, very, very, very damaged. A stutter, a limp? Hell no, you'd be mentally screwed; nobody that comes back from the DEAD should be anyway near the same as they were.

People who generally go to war or face as many battles as I have seen gain wounds, scars and mental trauma, but for a server that often tries to impose realism, I've seen way to many people coming out with 1 scar conveniently and manly placed on their cheek or eye.

Never take CotH too seriously, it's only a pass time, if you begin to take it as serious as real life it may be time to take a break. This doubles for the GM's who seem to treat it as serious as they would a real job, you are there to help, not break your back.

Knowing more than Wow wiki isn't a very good trait to have.

It's good to make friends on the server and on the internet, but...don't try and manipulate people. If they like you, they do if they don't, they don't, don't try and force them to do anything.

One last thing I should mention for people to read before somebody inevitably tries to kill it and me. Somebody who can't and won't be named once told me that the “GM's, especially Enforcers” cop a lot of crap, insults, and stuff like that. You have to understand something, People don't like being told what to do, especially younger people, of course. Of course somebody with “Enforcer” in their title will cop some insults or some anger, it's natural. You can't run off or complain, if you do that, then why did you accept the job in the first place?

I close with this.

I'm a hypocrite, yes, but, at least I'm writing.

P.S if this offended you, well, damn. I don't know if I'll get banned for it or anything, but life is life and CotH is a server I came to...to enjoy really.
First of all, I luled at most of the stuff.

JackofBlades Wrote:Most people came here to RP, not watch you steal the spotlight, if you came here for attention, prepare to be disappointed

JackofBlades Wrote:ERP isn't a –bad- thing, it's still...Role Play, but, a fun fact is it was designed for actual couples looking to spice up their sex life. Also, I, and no doubt many others, don't care how many people you cybersex with...I...really really don't. If you are also proud at the number of people you ERP with, well, I'm sorry but please...just...find a nice girl or boy.

JackofBlades Wrote:Knowing more than Wow wiki isn't a very good trait to have.

So very true.

But then you say this...

JackofBlades Wrote:One last thing I should mention for people to read before somebody inevitably tries to kill it and me. Somebody who can't and won't be named once told me that the “GM's, especially Enforcers” cop a lot of crap, insults, and stuff like that. You have to understand something, People don't like being told what to do, especially younger people, of course.

Now, now...Children and adults all know that you have to follow rules; we have them for the road and for the classroom, for house lives and work/school...It is how we keep order. Running and moderating a website is no different than that. We need order for things to run smoothly, and if people are not able to function enough to understand that..well...That isn't -our- fault.

JackofBlades Wrote:Of course somebody with “Enforcer” in their title will cop some insults or some anger, it's natural. You can't run off or complain, if you do that, then why did you accept the job in the first place?

And here is the kicker...People (like myself) took the volunteer work (I assume a job you get paid for) because we were asked to and we enjoyed the server. I thought I could help moderate the rules when there were barely any staff members to do it. I mean, I expected to be harassed and disliked because I had to ban people's friends, I expected that people would assume it was 'only my decision' because my [Pretty Pink Name] was the one issuing the warning/terminations? But did I expect for two people (who I knew for years, mind you) to turn around and attack me? Did I expect them to convince people I was a terrible mother and that my child should be taken away from me? No. I don't think anyone expected that to happen because you enforce rules on a private RP server. But people take things too far and it is my right to complain or b***h. So, before you really say, 'blur blur expect this', maybe you should be a bit more empathetic to the situations.

Anyways.

What the heck is up with all these posts?
[Image: anigif_mobile_9893b2566588ab845c7985f71769a9f2-7.gif]
I honestly can't say I've ever been in the position you just described, and unlike most peoples "change this post" I realise...hell you people will never change, which sounds offencive but isn't.
Wait, so you did it just to 'troll'...so to say?
[Image: anigif_mobile_9893b2566588ab845c7985f71769a9f2-7.gif]
Nah, I did it to get a point out, but also to test my theory, I was also tired of people OOCly talking on GMI about issues like rezzing.

Bloody 'ell it's hard to word everything in the dark.
So...this is a troll post?

Edit: Nevermind, Cressy asked before I did. :P
Spoiler:
[Image: 2wd92y0.gif]

No, I said I was testing his leniancy as a bad joke.
DOUBLE POST, because I can, see, I'm doing it

No, I was not trolling, I made a bad joke, a very bad joke.

And It's not that I'm not being Empathetic, I was just generalising.
I quite like this post ^.^
I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing.
. . . Both. . .
Sorry for the messy layout, the forum box doesn't work well with my browser I use when on my intern spot. Will fix it in 7 hours, when I get home and all.

Ha, I must counter this post with some thoughts of mine again. I admittedly read it, took it too seriously and went like. "Riiight" but after rereading I decided to shrug it off but still write some thoughts down. <(^^<)

Quote:To start off, Blood Elves...aren't attractive, neither are Night Elves, think about it, do you find something with long ears, that glows in the sun or is blue, attractive? So why play them -just- for their looks?

Attractiveness is a opinion! You may not find them attractive but others might disagree. I do however that people shouldn't solely play them for their looks, as delving into the lore behind characters makes for such a more interesting character. I myself find long ears rather sexy! Rawr. ^.~

Quote:Most people came here to RP, not watch you steal the spotlight, if you came here for attention, prepare to be disappointed

Ah yes, I believe this was also worded quite nicely in the server rules.

Spoiler:
Quote:Part of being a mature player is recognizing when your character isn't supposed to be the center of attention. Sometimes other players' characters need to shine, and it is your honor and privilege to stand aside and give them room in the spotlight. Heck, play along. Find a way to fit into THEIR story now and then.

In other words, I concur!

Quote:Kretol, god forbid, has enough friends already, spamming and swarming him doesn't do much, and it's not going to give you GM ship. Of course that's not like I'm asking you to avoid him like the plague, but...doing what some people do is, borderline stalkerish. Also on a fun note, Kretol in spell checker is Cresol
I thought it was a bit of a server-wide Joke to instantly swarm the Orc whenever he showed up. That was my intention at least. I like punting the big ol'Orc and being tossed around every now and then, taunting him is my way to say “Hey! Awesome server and I love you!” Though, I do wonder how Kretol himself feels about this!

Quote: WoW is a fantasy game, not a realism game, I understand some people came to CotH to have some delicious realism, but...why come to Warcraft to be realistic? I came to be a hero/villain of Azeroth, who can slay beasts and ride a ram, I didn't come to hear the same “romance drama” and “friendship crisis” that I could exit my house to find.

*Nod* Take the game less serious and let's have more fun!

Quote:ERP isn't a –bad- thing, it's still...Role Play, but, a fun fact is it was designed for actual couples looking to spice up their sex life. Also, I, and no doubt many others, don't care how many people you cybersex with...I...really really don't. If you are also proud at the number of people you ERP with, well, I'm sorry but please...just...find a nice girl or boy.

It was? Funny, never knew that myself! You learn something every day. But in a more serious answer, I tend to go with the line of “What happens during ERP, stays between the ones involved.” Yes, I engage in it and yes I like it. While this may now instantly give me a reputation, it's just a honest answer. I never saw anyone actually actually saying with a proud face “I've done twenty people!” but perhaps something happened I'm not aware off. Just keep ERP between the parties involved, no need to mention them to others or anything.

Quote: People who generally go to war or face as many battles as I have seen gain wounds, scars and mental trauma, but for a server that often tries to impose realism, I've seen way to many people coming out with 1 scar conveniently and manly placed on their cheek or eye.

Harr harr, true fact. I think out of all my characters, Saraya is the one most scarred and actually has a severe trauma. It actually added more fun to make her scared of everything after her capturing and torturing, though did cut me back on the RPs on her. That and my new found love Kylianne admittedly.

However! Nothing's more many then a good ugly yap over your chest, or losing a arm or two!

Quote:Never take CotH too seriously, it's only a pass time, if you begin to take it as serious as real life it may be time to take a break. This doubles for the GM's who seem to treat it as serious as they would a real job, you are there to help, not break your back.

Agreed, I've actually tried to make the place less serious so far. CotH is a game, a game you play for fun. Normally, if a game stops being fun, you take it out of your disk drive and toss in a new game. Why not do that with CotH? Toss it out for a while, and try a new game.

Quote: Knowing more than Wow wiki isn't a very good trait to have.

Not sure what to add then the fact that I admittedly smiled. And with that I close my post. Yay!
Here's a Kirby: <(**<) <(**)> (>**)> /dance
How DARE you make logical opinions, I should flame at you, but I won't...I won't. Also yes the general idea is not to take the post too seriously, aka don't spam me with emails.
The amount of these posts is starting to get silly. Regardless.

Attractiveness is an opinion. Whether or not someone picked a race because they find said race to be attractive is uktimately meaningless as long as they keep in touch with the lore.

I imagine the gms tend to take things seriously on the server because they love the server. You dont get the offer for it if you treat the lore like a joke.

The thing you should keep in mind is that everyone and th eir mother(if they play wow) has their own view on the lore. We simply need to tolerate the views of o thers if the lore is not there to support you

But seriously, I think ive voiced this opinion a baffling amount of times niw. These soet of posts are starting to get silly.

An a forgive my poor typing. This virtual keyboard is a bit wonky.
Quote:[8:53AM] Cassius: Xigo is the best guy ever. he doesn't afraid of anything.
^What Phoenix Wright said.

It seems to me like this post, is more along the lines of a flame/bashing post rather than a RP advice post.

The language seems to undermine the authority of our staff here and you seems to be bashing people for how they like to RP.
THANK YOU OCEANS
[Image: House.png?t=1300999439]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Random facts about our characters Saiyuu 181 38,186 12-30-2014, 07:13 PM
Last Post: Harmonic
  Random facts about our RP styles and signatures ImagenAshyun 21 4,050 05-17-2014, 03:18 AM
Last Post: Sorum
  Random Fun-facts about your characters. Uguu 28 4,497 01-15-2012, 05:09 PM
Last Post: Sadron
  Ultimately Random: A New Way to Create Characters Murcielago 1 1,025 11-08-2011, 03:04 PM
Last Post: Meltharas006
  Random family photo of Lendri and her kids. Tylein 5 1,509 10-19-2011, 05:37 AM
Last Post: Ebenezer