The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Can Characters played by the same person know each other?
I was just wondering this question and decided to post it. Is it possible for two or more characters who are played by the same person to know each other (or know of each other). I know it wouldn't be possible to play both characters together, but the characters would be able to talk about one another to other players right? Like say two dwarves who live in Ironforge would know each other even though no actual interaction took place in game.

I'm not planning on doing this in game, I was just curious.
[Image: badge.jpg]
I am Hunter
I am The Alliance
Sure. I know a feller who has siblings, both his own characters.
Azheron's back in business. For reals.
That feller'd be me. Indeed I have Itat and Ye'ros (Sisters). And Skaar and Zalodale (Son and Father).
And yes I can roleplay them at the same time! Once you achieve the rank of grunt, you can request a second account, for this purpose or solely to possess more characters.
[Image: NXAwd.png?1]
That's actually pretty cool. Though I would find it weird if another of my characters came up in a conversation, and I started talking about myself in third person. I suppose that's where RPing skills come into play.

Skaar do you mean you're playing two characters at the same time? I imagine that takes a lot of concentration, especially if you are role playing with do other people at the same time.
I am Hunter
I am The Alliance
Outside of characters played together via dual-boxing, I really would suggest staying away from your own characters knowing one another, especially on the same account. This can lead to a lot of problems down the line, considering said characters wouldn't ever actually meet in-game, or ever at all in the presence of anyone else.

Also, if someone uses this as an excuse to, for example, have a character take revenge for what someone did to an alt, there will be words.

I suppose we should write down an actual policy about multi-playing at some point.
Have you hugged an orc today?
- I am not tech support. Please do not contact me regarding technical issues. -
Oh, I wasn't planning on doing it myself, I just wanted to see if someone ever tried it before.
I am Hunter
I am The Alliance
Many of my characters know each other, some even work for each other. Being a grunt, you are allowed to ask for a 2nd account, and be able to actually RP with yourself. Boring. But it can be done!

Also, I agree with Grakor... If you suddenly just "say" that some of your chars know each other... And go kill someone for something... Thats pretty fail RP. lol.
I think inter-characters links that add depth and realism to the world are A-ok and welcome. We're not on for the 24 hours of every day our characters are on for, so simulating networking should be fine.

However, whenever that'd become trying to have your characters "get ahead" by using alts, that should explicitly be a no-no.
Spoiler:
[Image: Boys.jpg]
I sometimes have my characters make subtle references to other characters of mine during RP. Nothing major, just in conversation they will mention having run into them.

For instance:

[Bianca] says: I met some old Gnome here a few days ago studying grave moss. Such a frail little thing out and about no problem, and I can't find a single mercenary with the nerve to come down here.
Bianca rolls her eyes.

This is a reference to Kimee, whom I often RP in Darkshire as an herbalist studying grave moss's anti-Shadow properties. There are a lot more examples I could give, but you get the idea. It's a lot of fun when users who are familiar with most of my characters recognize the reference.
I do what Nexi does!

The last time around with the server, I had actually subtely intertwined Harmonic's and Rensin's paths. By all rights they should have known eachother -beyond- just a whisper, but I didn't do that.

To me, it's fun because noone notices. Whether that's from lack of caring or reading on the peoples behalf is inconsequential, bwahaha.

*Goes off and cries silently*
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

Some of my characters know each other but it's often nothing serious unless they're related. I dual box too sometimes and I have actually had two of my characters fight each other with no one around (Although someone did find them later). That was interested but required a lot of concentration.
Grimnir Wrote:Skaar do you mean you're playing two characters at the same time? I imagine that takes a lot of concentration, especially if you are role playing with do other people at the same time.

That is true. It's called "dual boxing", like it was said here. I usually can multitask quite easily, so it's nothing special for me.
[Image: NXAwd.png?1]
I personally have two characters who knew each other before one became a death knight. They refer to each other a lot since one father and the other is daughter. They know where the other is but they haven't seen each other in years and they haven't spoken. I don't intend for them to meet till I retire the dk. Other than that I try to avoid having my characters know each other, unless by some off chance they end up in the same guild, or I am running a guild that needs to be in two places at once.

[Image: c36335d73555714146b393bce05c4a74.jpg]

[Image: 1219597_c9f207c53e0656326cf233adf2569bb2.jpg]
Well the two characters I am going to play most often are both residents of Dun Morogh (Dwarf and Gnome), so I figured it would be weird if they didn't at least know of each other.
I am Hunter
I am The Alliance
There are 28,000 people in Dun Morogh, 2,800 of which are gnomes. I'd find it odd if there was any individual of the region who knew of every single gnome, much less all of its residents!

Which isn't saying that you can't have your characters know one another. It's just that being in the same region shouldn't be the sole justification!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The fate of our characters FlyingSquirrel 27 13,980 03-14-2015, 09:44 AM
Last Post: Geoni
  Random facts about our characters Saiyuu 181 38,186 12-30-2014, 07:13 PM
Last Post: Harmonic
  Hearthstone Characters DaveM 6 5,470 10-26-2014, 06:39 PM
Last Post: Geoni
  Question Concerning Merchant Characters/Shops Felitsa 4 1,185 03-02-2014, 07:37 PM
Last Post: Maulbane
  Temporary characters for events Dae 8 1,943 09-09-2013, 03:21 PM
Last Post: Kage