The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Hoping to resolve connection/patching issues
I applied some time ago to get on the server and my introduction was accepted.
http://www.conquestofthehorde.com/forum/...=34&t=9823
However, I was unable to actually work out the patching disaster and play. I gave up and have periodically checked back to see if the server was up to date with retail. Figuring I could hop in at some point without the issue of needing to down patch.

That day seems to have arrived, though it is several months later.

I have however, a couple of questions.

First - is my account here still active, do I need to re-submit my introduction or ask for assistance from a gm?

Second - is it possible (as I have a huge hard drive) to simply copy my originating wow folder to another place on my hard drive and run the launcher from that copy with a permanently modified realm list.

I hope to get into playing here and would love to hear back. Good to see the server is still active and well populated. :D

Thanks ahead of time for you consideration and answers.
Tammuril Wrote:Second - is it possible (as I have a huge hard drive) to simply copy my originating wow folder to another place on my hard drive and run the launcher from that copy with a permanently modified realm list.
I can't answer your initial questions, but I can this. You can have two copies of the game installed in separate areas with different patched files and the like. It was very common of people who used the WoW Model Viewer post-Wrath of the Lich King until there was a fan update provided (the WMV only worked up to Burning Crusade at the time).

Copying and pasting the folder should work. However, until retail and this server differs, you don't need those two yet. For the time being you can play on both servers without impedance.

I may be in the same boat as you in future major patches; I raid somewhat heavily during the week on retail servers and I would like to continue to play here. However, should a patch go through that would prevent me from playing on this server, I'd have to just accept it (or follow your lead); I actually help lead a couple of raids and my absence would be unhelpful to say the least.
Okay, you can have two WoW folders, but the one with the CotH realmlist should be started from WoW.exe and not Launcher.exe, because the Launcher sometimes changes the realmlist back to retail.

About the rest of the stuff, could you tell us what error do you see when trying to log in?
Alright so, I did copy my retail folder. I edited my realm list. I attempted to log in, using the wow.exe. It has apparently been so long I totally forgot my password for the server connection. I didn't think I had gone ahead and done that, but it seems I must have. Unfortunately - I am now stuck.

I don't remember what my gameplay password is, so I can't log in.

If anyone has any ideas on how to resolve that I'd be very appreciative.
Well, I am going to try one last time here to get some kind of help with this issue pertaining to my passwords.

I need help to reset my sever log in password, or I need to get a second approval for my introduction. I am really hoping someone who knows about these issues and can help me will respond to this post.

Thanks Ahead of time.
Send me a PM reminding me to reply with your server account password (which I can do when I get home from work).

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I'm having some issues with downloads, but I'll get on ASAP. franzmallalieu 2 730 06-25-2012, 09:36 AM
Last Post: Dae
  Slaving and Sensitive Issues Wuvvums 36 5,088 01-12-2012, 01:27 PM
Last Post: Harmonic
  Question - Questionnaire Uncertainty due to Connection ToxinDoctor 4 913 12-18-2010, 12:38 PM
Last Post: ToxinDoctor
  Wow Model Viewer issues. Bovel 0 574 12-03-2010, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Bovel
  Wiki Issues? puncturedwords 3 1,048 11-15-2010, 03:31 PM
Last Post: puncturedwords