The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Houses
Now I know this is a huge thing that would take work, but I've noticed that alot of people will stay in a tavern's room... but the tavern will be full...

Ex : (includes a chris, and a mike)

Chris walks up the stairs and over to the open room he payed for
*Chris logs out*

-10 minutes pass-
Mike walks into the tavern, throws a few silver coins on the bar and says, "Room please."
Mike walks up the stairs and into the room ((This room being the same as Chris's just minutes ago))
*Mike Logs out*

^^^^^^^
Explanation of example :
You seem to find something like this happen in Booty bay... and it can hurt the roll play to seee your freidn stumble into a room... then moments later watch another player walk in and disappear...

So actual request...
A place for members who have either gained notice by admins/respected members and have earned a place even without Grunt, or Grunts to apply for a house to be made in let's say... a hill...
Maybe that hill down from Undercity someone builds a small cabin for their members of small guild that's dedicated to the protection of all south entrances into main UnderCity.

Really... just make it so we can make houses appear, and if a character dies... the house gets, Destroyed by raiders, or ramsacked, or taken over by the army and distributed to a different person?

Other : I don't know, I think it would help out, and since it's Admins decision they can always put a block on apps for these until some are destroyed, or what ever...

Thanks for reading!
[Proud CotH player] - :) Samantha Tompkins :)
"If you don't try to save one life you'll never save any!"

[Image: dean.png]
Ignore my Horrible spelling and what not... I'll edit it out later...

I doubt you'll see player housing implemented and I'm sure others will post why, so instead of doing so myself I'd say just do a forum search for "player housing" or something similar and read past threads on the subject to get a better understanding of why.

"The potential of these lands has yet to be seized." -Taelyn Sunwing
Yeah..I have to agree with Teege, Stompy. Your example proves your point but at the same time it kinda shows -why- the rule wont be implemented.

Ex: ( Includes a Chris, a Newb and a Pharaoh )

After a long day of RP, and bad-assery Chris goes to sleep in his room at the tavern. - He logs out -

Pharaoh mid-way through his RP and Bad-assery decides to go into a room ( Chris' room with the new system implemented )

[1. General] [Newb]: Pharaoh you can't go there that's Chris' room! :x
[1. General] [Pharaoh]: Yeah...But. He logged off, nobody is here.
[1. General] [Newb]: So, it's his. The room belongs to Chris
[1. General] [Pharaoh]: But...You don't even know when he's going to log back on...
[1. General] [Newb]: /shrug
[1. General] [Pharaoh]: You [Censored] serious?
[1. General] [Blizz] [GM]: Language!

SO.. In short...It'd just be easier to pretend it's a different room. I mean, we are pretending a buncha shiz anyway. Owning something ICly will just lead to more OOCly drama. As people will argue for their space and wars start. Civil war...Alamo...All that stuff.

Plus what happens if Chris logs on, owns a place? Then doesn't log on for 2 months. I can't RP in that room because it's Chris' room? I respect the idea but it's easier and funner for everybody if we just pretend things are different area's and locations.
The Family Tree

TheBook of ThePharaoh

Pharaoh's Colosseum

The Four Suns Inn

"What are we, as role-players, if not authors in real time?" - MrBubbles

"I've always treated Role-play as Collaborative Writing. Co-authoring the stories of your characters, alongside other people." - Flammos200
If we ever did make player housing, it'd be pretty much like how Pharoh just explained it, basically, there is no true owner. This avoids the drama aspect pretty well, especially if all players act mature about it.

Some places, such as Ashara Crater and Rensin's tavern have "owners", but usually it's to stir up RP with others, or provide a social environment for everyone. Houses, are -not- open to everyone.

See where I'm goin' here?
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

I was going to post that later on tonight, why not just make it so its anyones, but make it so ther are alot for rp usage.. so not to overflow with people.

Problem is that we've done that before, and now noone uses the place.

Check out Stromguarde.

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

We've gone over this before, haven't we?

I myself think that it's too much unneeded work for the GMs to start giving out houses to people, if we could just RP it. And they'd become unused in time.
Azheron's back in business. For reals.
Okay here how about this, change that request too ... Can the GMs implement more Housing into the world of Azeroth?

Throw some inn's around with a bartender and what not... for Explorer and adventurer RP, most people sit in Booty cause it's good for neutral run ins... sometimes hostile... *remembers Fardem shooting Naphi* So... Maybe atleast add bigger inns. or something? You don't need to assign it or what not...

I think there already are a few places like that, Azhara? And then there's the inn near Ratchet, and the Arena. Really cool.
Azheron's back in business. For reals.
But we need like bigger inns then what's already there... like Booty Bay is essential to a good rp server obviously, but the inn... it's so small and almost everyone says that BB is their home... it makes no sense... not everyone camps...

That may be..But why do you want to just sit in an inn all day? I mean, use your imagination!

And just going to add this: the more stuff we add to the server, the more it lags. And, we can't do much for changing pre-established cities. We would have to have someone edit the textures and implement a patch just so people could see the changes. I doubt Kretol's server could handle that sort of stuffs.
[Image: anigif_mobile_9893b2566588ab845c7985f71769a9f2-7.gif]
There are plenty of places to RP, inns, all that jazz. We don't wanna bog down the world with houses, because they do create lag. Also, people don't often use what we -have- made.

If we implement any more things, it'll most likely be up to our discretion.

And, Stromguarde is on Azeroth, and even has a portal to it in Warsong Gulch.

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

Plus y'know, if two people claim one place we're still screwed. :B
"I am more afraid of one hundred sheep led by a lion than one hundred lions led by a sheep."
Lol its stupposed to get rid of that issue, but I understand, thanks for responding Cressy / Rensin!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Empty hearthglen houses ProjectRandom 6 1,373 12-08-2013, 04:04 AM
Last Post: MstrCorvus
  Clear Out The Stores (And Maybe Other Houses Too) Loxmardin 25 4,698 08-02-2012, 09:32 AM
Last Post: Jonoth
  Houses in Nagrand? Lynoa06 5 1,298 01-14-2011, 07:31 AM
Last Post: Lynoa06
  Ingame Houses Lendri 14 2,812 07-30-2010, 03:45 PM
Last Post: Grakor456
  Flying houses... kind of dastmo 17 3,685 06-14-2010, 12:12 PM
Last Post: Fredrich