The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Poll: What would you be more interested in, theoretically?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
A [b:2kfmf6hm]Content/Storyline[/b:2kfmf6hm] position
45.00%
18 45.00%
A [b:2kfmf6hm]Community-oriented[/b:2kfmf6hm] position
27.50%
11 27.50%
An [b:2kfmf6hm]Enforcer[/b:2kfmf6hm] position
17.50%
7 17.50%
GMing ain't for me!
10.00%
4 10.00%
Total 40 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Query!
So, this is something I've been thinking of posting for a few months, to poll the community with.

Let's say you were offered the chance to try being a GM. If you had to choose between three things, what would you be more interested in?
  • Content/Storyline - This type would be more focused on things like running storylines, holding events, and other world-altering stuffs in-game.
  • Community - This type would be more focused on the work side of things as well as OOC communication with players, such as taking care of tickets, approving profiles, helping folks with other schtuff in-game, etc.
  • Enforcer - Dealing with the troublemakers and enforcing the rules is the focus of this position. It's also not for everyone, as it usually comes with a bit of stress. However, if you're adept at remaining neutral or impassive when having to handle a situation, and don't really feel interested in running storylines/plots or focusing on community-based things, this may be ideal for you!

Please feel free to elaborate why you chose what you did. Bear in mind this is purely theoretical - I'm curious to see if people are actually interested in the work-side of things over creativity and 'play.'
I kind of humbly run events anyways, two story-line threads. And I enjoy character development and D&D type adventures, that's what got me into RP in the first place. So I'd vote for the story line thing. It's fun to run events as there are many environments to utilize for awesome experiences. In my opinion.
The Family Tree

TheBook of ThePharaoh

Pharaoh's Colosseum

The Four Suns Inn

"What are we, as role-players, if not authors in real time?" - MrBubbles

"I've always treated Role-play as Collaborative Writing. Co-authoring the stories of your characters, alongside other people." - Flammos200
This is not fair. We can only pick one? Blasphemy.

In all honesty though. 2 or 3. /nod
Communiteeh. :3 ... Wait... I'm the only one to... FFFF-

... EDIT: Community or none at all. I'd be a fuzzing horrible enforcer or the other one.
Azheron's back in business. For reals.
I think I'd be able to handle the odd storyline event here and there, and dealing with community issues, but I fancy myself being pretty neutral in most conflict. If I had a choice, I'd be probably be an enforcer GM purely to help keep the peace and deal with troublemakers...which are always trouble.....yeah....

Plus, we already have tons of people able to hold events and tend to community issues.

I lurve these sort of questions.
[Image: yEKW9gB.png]
I said Content/Storyline but to be honest I wouldn't like the extra stress of being a GM. I come to this server to unwind, I'd hate to have to think of it as a duty (no offence meant of course)
I'd say Content/Storyline because flying around and morphing appeals to me, but that's kind of a stupid answer.. magnificent fun though.

Enforcer. I've had to do this a lot in my life, so it's familiar. I'm currently in the Criminal Justice track and I do something similar for a living. I haven't gone entirely nuts or quit work the way most people do after a month or so, so I handle stress well.

And to be blunt, I'm always interested in punting troublemakers.
Content/Storyline, without a doubt. I am not good with enforcing rules and I really just love being creative and running storylines. I write novels ( or try too atleast ) so I like to think I am creative.
"Kill a man, and you are an assassin. Kill millions of men, and you are a conqueror. Kill everyone, and you are a god." - Beilby Porteus
I have chosen Community.
Taking care of what we have is of extreme importance. It may seem like nothing special other than moderation, but as I see It, It's much more than that. It's a chance to communicate with fellow players, and help others in distress. Helping the community so that the community helps you equally.

That is how I see it.
PS: You're not alone Azh. :)
[Image: 124dk.jpg]
A mix of Enforcer and Community, but mostly Enforcer. I have little patience for trouble makers, and even less for repeat offenders and blatantly disrespectful people.
I think Community would be the best for me, it's fun helping people and I wouldn't mind answering ticket after ticket, reviewing profile after profile [with a few tabs of Wowwiki for research and some coffee with me.]

Sometimes it can be hard for people to wait for things like that, and therefore I'd attempt to do a ton of it, quickly but not sloppily so everyone can be on their merry way!
"It's always do Gnomes have a vibration setting... what about Goblins, huh? huh?!"
Content for me! It's ridiculous amounts of fun to host events for people, and with some extra GM magic to back it up, things only get better!
< Insert witty, insightful, insanely rehashed signature here >
If it came down to it, I would have to pick community. I mean, I can think of plots and do events, but I'm more of a thinker than a doer when it comes to IG things. I have a pretty solid grasp of the lore, and I've made god knows how many profiles and sent them in for approval. Plus, I've answered tickets before on a different server. It was actually kind of fun. But overall, I'd have to say community with a little content/storyline.
[Image: Zf6X.gif][Image: 3vBq.gif][Image: q3iX.gif][Image: 5rVk.gif]
Mah babehs. I'm watchin' you, government.
Enforcer. I'm rather subpar with Lore and thus I wouldn't be comfortable being in a position that benefits immensely from that knowledge. In addition I'm getting another degree in law enforcement and psychology so I kind of have the enforcer in me by nature. Doing events is fun, fortunately players can typically hold small events for the community which is great. All the roles obviously are vital to the community.

"The potential of these lands has yet to be seized." -Taelyn Sunwing
*sigh*

Obviously, I accidentally put the wrong thing. :roll:

I put storyline, but I -meant- community. My step brother was talking to me, and I just clicked send as a reaction. ANY WHO! Yeah, community GM all the way. I'm a rather large lore freak, reading wowwiki for at least a half hour a day, usually around an hour, depending on what I'm looking at/for. I'm constantly helping people in-game with their profiles, so it really wouldn't be much different than what I do at the moment, except more often, and on the forums instead of whispering back and forth or in party chat.

Plus, like someone said up above, it's a job that gets little credit, but is rather important. I don't like the spotlight personally, but I like to help as best I can. A rather conflicting duo of personality traits, but it seems like it fits rather well with that specific branch of GM'ing.
"Every gun..."

[Image: Jonah-Hex-Counting-Corpses-Flaming-Leap.jpg]

"...Makes its own tune."

~ The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly ~

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A query. Ben 10 2,606 09-24-2011, 04:01 PM
Last Post: c0rzilla
  A Second Query. Ben 3 879 09-24-2011, 06:01 AM
Last Post: Delta
  General query 4 1,045 04-04-2010, 02:53 PM
Last Post: Tobeh