The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

People differentiating between Flight form and normal Birds?
Yep,
Another druid topic by Asetrix,
Let's all expand our knowledge with this :P :P

Anyways,
I understand Swift Flight form is easy to tell between a normal bird and a itself,
but still,
Flight Form looks like a normal Oversized-Crow/Normal Owl!
All besides the ears that are sometimes seen in close range!

It also depends on the person,
Not everyone can tell the difference, or even seen a druid in flight form :P

And also, it depends where you fly, maybe a horde city would wanna' shoot you on the spot, but not everyone would wanna' do that?!?

Anyone get me?
Asetrix
Kelane
Ketrix

Spoiler:
"Life goes on"
"If life gives you lemons, make Lemonade"
"Jealousy's a b***h"
"Desperation breeds Desire"

Just a handful of my favourite quotations
Honestly? If we said they looked normal then this could open up to guard abuse because people would be flying all over the other faction's cities ICly.
Not everone has a druid you know...
Asetrix
Kelane
Ketrix

Spoiler:
"Life goes on"
"Jealousy's a b***h"

It's still a cheap loophole to go to opposite faction cities and abuse the guards.
Maybe they would be able to tell if you were close to the ground, but at some point you're so high up that it's hard to tell how big the bird is since there's nothing to compare it to in the sky. And even then, if someone could tell it was bigger, and miraculously be able to tell it was a druid some how, they wouldn't be able to do much about it. It would take an -expert- shot to hit a bird high in the sky, especially one with the thought of a civilized being.

All in all, I think that it would be hard to differentiate between a regular bird and a druid, and then even harder to do anything about it.
"Every gun..."

[Image: Jonah-Hex-Counting-Corpses-Flaming-Leap.jpg]

"...Makes its own tune."

~ The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly ~
Yeah, except in this case said person ICly was swooping low to the ground in aggro range of the guards. If I recall he was going to report on captives held in a horde town, but that would mean he'd be low down enough to be in guard range. Some GMs already talked about it being guard abuse to try and use the flying form to spy on the cities up close.
Oh, that's a whole other thing then. Yeah, up close it would be pretty obvious and of course, easy to shoot them.
"Every gun..."

"...Makes its own tune."

Yeah, I saw him swoop in at ground level at one point and then at another he was perched on a roof where we were keeping our prisoners. I think the GMs said that he isn't allowed to spy and determine that the Bloodsworn are keeping Alliance in Garradar.
Mang, I'm gonna be straight up with you. A druid in bird form is just a disguise which can successfully be used Icly to spy in major cities or other open areas. Believe it or not, I sort of doubt Orcs would kill any bird coming into Orgrimmar because one of them might be some Night Elf. It just doesn't seem likely, even if it does happen. The only real sort of person who would know if it were a druid or a normal bird would be another druid—And it'd have to be pretty darn close.

Although I agree with your previously stated points on some certain situations, it seems plausible that a druid in bird form can spy over certain out-door areas, such as open-sky cities (Like Orgrimmar). But the thing is, people will probably try to shoo or kill birds if they get too close to the ground (Especially the big ones). However, I would like to point out the fact that I highly doubt the guards of any major city would be bothered with some “By the way, some birds are actually not birds, so you should try to kill them on sight if they're looking at something important”. Not only is such a request ridiculous, but it may also give the idea of mass genocide towards birds. I know that seems silly, but realistically you're not supposed to see a difference between player and computer!

Now I know I refuted some statements that weren't stated in the topic, so I'm not inferring that anyone else here stated some of these silly ideas. I'm just trying to say—Using bird form is one of the only ways you CAN get up close and spy on the enemy. It's risky business, of course, but I assume it would be well worth it. But lets be honest, if you were walking down the ATL and a condor sort of just perched itself on the sidewalk, or even a tree, you'd be pretty surprised, don't'cha think?
[Image: Calvin_and_Hobbes_hug_by_Humongous_E.png]
Well unless you otherwise say so in FlagRSP, your druid bird form has trinkets on it, and is as big as a person if I can remember correctly. If you're holding -prisoners- see a bird as big as a human swooping around where no bird would normally go, and be suspiciously close to said Alliance prisoners, that's something else.

But, a giant bird is a dangerous animal and most major cities care more about protecting the children of the settlement than how the bird feels. A pigeon no one would care about, but a huge best with giant talons is a whole other thing.
"Every gun..."

"...Makes its own tune."

Beltharean Wrote:Well unless you otherwise say so in FlagRSP, your druid bird form has trinkets on it, and is as big as a person if I can remember correctly. If you're holding -prisoners- see a bird as big as a human swooping around where no bird would normally go, and be suspiciously close to said Alliance prisoners, that's something else.

But, a giant bird is a dangerous animal and most major cities care more about protecting the children of the settlement than how the bird feels. A pigeon no one would care about, but a huge best with giant talons is a whole other thing.

I could agree with that. The thing is, it wouldn't be “It's probably a druid”—It would be a “It's probably going to attack me”, which is actually the risk I tried to point out. Well, glad to know we're on the same page. I know if my characters saw a giant bird swoop down, he'd try to kill it—In these soft modern days, maybe not, but in the world of Warcraft, it seems plausible, you know?
[Image: Calvin_and_Hobbes_hug_by_Humongous_E.png]
Heh, owning a shot gun, several rifles, and a few pistols, I think I'd kill it now too. LOL
"Every gun..."

"...Makes its own tune."

Thanks Sourpuddle,
I appreciate you being on my side,
And yeah,
like a guards gonna' see a bird on a roof and go
'Look! A bird! Let's kill it! We'll get back to our positions next time!'
¬¬
Not gonna' happen..
As long as the bird doesn't go to ground level, where the guards can see how huge it is and maybe even see it's ears (Which as I said before is hard to in normal flight form),
Then just leave it be, Druids of Talon (like me) don't have much uses in war, besides scouts, spies and maybe supportive spellcasters.
And I remember in Warcraft III,
Tyrande used her owl thingy to scout to see ahead and see an encampment a little up ahead.

So don't be against me on this, my other forms are weakened because of this pledge that I have to the word 'Talon'.
So being a bird is what I do best,
so let's consider this,
and not shoot me down.
Asetrix
Kelane
Ketrix

Spoiler:
"Life goes on"
"Jealousy's a b***h"

Druids do not just become a normal bird when they turn, they become stormcrows. And I think that most at a distance would not be bothered, but as soon as it gets closer you'd notice that it is huge. Then perhaps is the detail that it got ears! So there is still no way a druid in flight form might go undeteced, unless among a whole heap of stromcrows in their natural habitat.
(02-24-2012, 10:15 AM)Piroska Wrote: Conspiracy. That's all it is; Kret's afraid that your pure, digital awesomeness would crash the server if it were allowed.
(06-14-2013, 05:42 PM)McKnighter Wrote: Bovel, Lord of Beards

Character About Involvement
Causticity Blackbreath Goblin Alchemist -
Telaah Draenei Anchorite Writings of an Anchorite

[Image: kiXJxhI.gif]
Bovel Wrote:Druids do not just become a normal bird when they turn, they become stormcrows. And I think that most at a distance would not be bothered, but as soon as it gets closer you'd notice that it is huge. Then perhaps is the detail that it got ears! So there is still no way a druid in flight form might go undeteced, unless among a whole heap of stromcrows in their natural habitat.
Don't agree with you with that,
True they are Stormcrows, but not everyone will know that, perhaps 10-20% of characters would, but I doubt anymroe would.
And we can keep our range, and avoid being seen, and maybe finally we can what we're built for.
Asetrix
Kelane
Ketrix

Spoiler:
"Life goes on"
"Jealousy's a b***h"

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Shaman Ghost Wolf form- WTF Dae 1 1,274 04-28-2014, 12:02 AM
Last Post: CappnRob
  Druids speaking whilst in Animal form? Manufreak101 32 6,564 10-19-2011, 02:01 PM
Last Post: Kirabo