The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Faceless Ones and Naga - Are they related?
[Image: General_Vezax.jpg]
General Vezax, commander of the Faceless Ones.

[Image: Nagas.jpg]
If you'll divert your attention to the male Naga on the right, you can notice the similarities in colours between itself, and Vezax, who is pictured above. Notice the beige colour than lines their stomachs, both of which appear to be made of some sort of scaly exoskeleton. Also notice the colours of the fins/skin/etc, when compared to each other.

The Faceless Ones are seen as servants of the Old Gods, no? So are the Naga, in a sense. Well, the non-Illidari ones, at least. That said, here's what I've realized:

Naga are often seen in Northrend, specifically in the Borean Tundra. It's possible they existed around the Storm Peaks, and Icecrown also, however, my theory is that the ones which remained there were turned INTO the Faceless Ones, due to Yogg-Saron's influence over the area in the form of Saronite. The Naga might've believed that the disastrous metal was "holy", or whatnot. Over-exposure to the metal may've transformed them over time, to the point that their blood was a liquid byproduct of Saronite. The transformation would've taken plenty of time. That said, the time between the Great Sundering and when the Faceless Ones were first seen was plenty enough.

WoW-Wiki Wrote:The deeps are comprised of a series of watery caverns leading deep to a temple devoted to the Old Gods. The Twilight's Hammer cult runs this shrine, and it has joined forces with local naga and satyrs to defend the unholy creature, Aku'mai. It seems an Old God may be underneath the land.
The above quote refers to Blackfathom Deeps, a Naga-infested dungeon Temple devoted to the Old Gods. This is further proof that the Naga are affiliated WITH the Old Gods.

However, regarding the differences between General Vezax, pictured above, and regular Faceless Ones, there is a simple explanation.

Pictured here is a Faceless One:
[Image: Volazj.jpg]
It's obvious that with larger Naga, it'd take a LOT more Saronite "poisoning" to properly change them into a fully-fledged Faceless One. The case with most other Faceless Ones is that, relatively, they've been exposed to it more. However, General Vezax, being as large as he is, would've relatively been exposed to it minimally. Also note that the bracers that the Faceless One is wearing shine with a light blue. This is the colour of liquid Saronite. This suggests that some Naga may have been subject to forceful mutation, or just to speed up the process.

Another quote from WoW-Wiki solidifies the connection between Naga and Faceless Ones, regarding Cataclysm:
WoW-Wiki Wrote:World of Warcraft: Cataclysm might bring new faceless ones within the Abyssal Maw. They seem to be allied with the Naga and fight against Neptulon.
Though Neptulon IS an Elemental Lord, he may have done something to piss off the Naga/Faceless Ones enough to cause such acts of hostility. Only time will tell regarding this.

In conclusion: There is a variety of evidence which supports my theory that the Faceless Ones are infact, Naga simply transformed and mutated by Yogg-Saron, and his own byproduct, Saronite.
Jeneal jumps into the water. "HAHAHAHAHA!" She turns into a seal.
Hmm. A rather surprising connection. Though the way you say it, the idea seems to make some sense.

Maybe they'll fully address this later. But until then, I don't believe we should jump the gun and declare 'Naga are Faceless Ones'. You are most likely right, don't get me wrong. But Blizzard sometimes makes little sense with its lore, and the General might only look that way because it's 'cool'.
Quote:[8:53AM] Cassius: Xigo is the best guy ever. he doesn't afraid of anything.
Yes, I see your point, but I guess it might've been purposeful. Knowing Blizzard though, the odds aren't exactly huge.

That said, if anyone from Blizzard reads this and pretty much uses my idea, I want money for it.
From what I remember, Naga are the result of the Maelstrom, and the Faceless ones are Yogg-Saron's version of the Silithid. Faceless ones serve their master's will, while Naga seem to have their own agenda.

However, that -doesn't- mean their may not be the influence of another yet unnamed old god that is the creator of the Naga, and Blizz likes to keep the lore behind such stuff foggy at best.

Wouldn't it be cool to find out that the Maelstrom is housing another Old God, possibly even more twisted and insane than the two we know of? Only time will tell.
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

Rensin Wrote:Wouldn't it be cool to find out that the Maelstrom is housing another Old God, possibly even more twisted and insane than the two we know of? Only time will tell.

Spoiler:
[Image: 2vs3uip.jpg]
BEWAAAREEEEE~

Isn't it obvious?

EDIT: But on a more on-topic note, Pies has made quite an interesting theory. It'd be awesome to see if they do have a connection in the future.
"I am more afraid of one hundred sheep led by a lion than one hundred lions led by a sheep."
Spoiler:
[Image: 200px-KingTriton.jpg]

Aquaman does not compare.

But, eh. As interesting and logical as it may be, we all know that it's -too far- above Blizzard's head to do something this awesome. I mean, LOGICALLY you shouldn't be able to completely kill an old god... but they sure do let ya do that. Twice. Which means that the players are Stronger than the Titans, ya know?
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

Rumor in-game has it that naga were created by an old god named Mantan that lie bound at the center of the world. It'd make sense that one old god creation join the other.
(02-24-2012, 10:15 AM)Piroska Wrote: Conspiracy. That's all it is; Kret's afraid that your pure, digital awesomeness would crash the server if it were allowed.
(06-14-2013, 05:42 PM)McKnighter Wrote: Bovel, Lord of Beards

Character About Involvement
Causticity Blackbreath Goblin Alchemist -
Telaah Draenei Anchorite Writings of an Anchorite

[Image: kiXJxhI.gif]
Not to be a bumper or anythin', but I have more news regarding my theory!

It seems that there are Faceless Ones in the Maelstrom, which surprises me quite a bit! This fact alone actually signifies a relationship between Naga and Faceless Ones. Well, there already were, but not in this context. :P

L'ghorek, a HUGE Demigod existing within the Maelstrom is being drained of it's energies, and a requirement of one of the quests to aid him is the brain of Ick'thys the Unfathomable, a named Faceless One within the Maelstrom. Now, the thing which is draining L'ghorek is in fact located within The Undershell. He refers to something immense draining his power, which I speculate is yet another Old God, as Bovel pointed out being the creator of the Naga. The connection explains a lot: The Naga wanting to defeat Neptulon as to avoid the master of the Ocean destroying their true lord.

Presence of Tentacle Horrors also seems to support my case of an Old God being located within the Undershell, as the three named Old Gods also use tentacles as means of an offense. The quote:
Quote:Ick'thys the Unfathomable yells: I laugh at you, feeble <name>, but I will oblige. Now, let us return to my master, below!
also refers to a "master" being in the Undershell, and as already implied, the Faceless Ones serve the Old Gods.

[/speculation]
Wow, Vezax and that naga on the right -are- extremely similar. They even have the same fins on their face... A nice find, no doubt. And, the reason the Night Elves who turned into the Naga, is supposedly because Queen Azshara pledged herself to an unnamed Old God in the middle of the Maelstrom, who corrupted them into what they are today. You can see idols of Queen Azshara in several Twilight's Hammer areas I believe, including one where the boss of an instance is kneeling down to a statue of her.
"Every gun..."

[Image: Jonah-Hex-Counting-Corpses-Flaming-Leap.jpg]

"...Makes its own tune."

~ The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly ~
That would be Twilight Lord Kelris (http://www.wowhead.com/npc=4832), and he's an Orc with a considerable amount of Naga around him. Supposedly, the last boss in the instance is one of the Old God's pets.
Spoiler:
Modern day
This section concerns content exclusive to the Warcraft RPG.

Some say that Azshara has become an Ancient and lurks beneath the waves, biding her time to reclaim her worldly power.[5] They claim that Queen Azshara was not drowned, but transformed into a hideous aquatic thing who will someday lead her accursed followers to retake the surface world.[6]

Queen Azshara, her handmaidens, and many Highborne sunk into the sea. The Old Gods chose Azshara as another useful tool and transformed her, her Highborne, and her Handmaidens into Naga. The mighty Queen Azshara still lives and rules the naga. Once she awoke at the bottom of the sea, she ordered a palace built to rival her home in Azshara.[7]

Spoiler:
Not much later, the portal was destroyed and the Sundering was upon Kalimdor. Realizing that Sargeras would not be coming, she decided not to tell her handmaidens and most loyal followers. When the black waters of the Well of Eternity poured into the palace, she created a magical shield that would protect her and the remaining Highborne from drowning. It was at that time that a voice in her head whispered of an escape: "There is a way...there is a way...you will become more than you ever were...more than you ever were...we can help...we can help...You will be more than you have ever been...and when the time comes, for what we grant you...you will serve us well..." Her spell collapsed but as the Well filled her lungs she did not drown. She instead expanded with hate and rage, becoming a massive monstrosity, reflecting the wickedness and malice that had always hidden within her core.

Spoiler:
Azshara makes her first appearance in the upcoming expansion World of Warcraft: Cataclysm in a minor role at Nazj'vel in southern Darkshore opposite Malfurion Stormrage. Both Alliance and Horde players can trigger her appearance at will by killing the four Darkscale Priestess surrounding the Horn of the Ancients.

For certain the Naga are related to the old gods, and by extension the Faceless Ones. In my opinion, each old god has their own type of servant. The Aqir for C'thun, the Faceless for Yogg-saron...and the Naga for an even darker Old God.
[Image: Ml7sNnX.gif]
Yogg'Saron also has the Nerubians, although he woke up the Faceless ones when the Nerubians got... destroyed.
Quote:For certain the Naga are related to the old gods, and by extension the Faceless Ones. In my opinion, each old god has their own type of servant. The Aqir for C'thun, the Faceless for Yogg-saron...and the Naga for an even darker Old God.
Quote:Yogg'Saron also has the Nerubians, although he woke up the Faceless ones when the Nerubians got... destroyed.
This is not entirely correct since the aqir is not a race created by the Old Gods, but became puppets of gods in their bigger forms, Qiraj and Nerub. In essence it is unknown how the old gods really relate to eachother, but the text about the creation of Azeroth suggest they were allied at one point. If they are now, who knows? The Twilight Hammer sure don't mind hopping between gods and elemental lords but I don't they'd fathom loyalties on such a godly level.
(02-24-2012, 10:15 AM)Piroska Wrote: Conspiracy. That's all it is; Kret's afraid that your pure, digital awesomeness would crash the server if it were allowed.
(06-14-2013, 05:42 PM)McKnighter Wrote: Bovel, Lord of Beards

Character About Involvement
Causticity Blackbreath Goblin Alchemist -
Telaah Draenei Anchorite Writings of an Anchorite

[Image: kiXJxhI.gif]
Yogg-saron does not have the nerubians, the Lich King does. And I believe that I know the name of the old god for the Naga, or something similar. Yig. Each old god is related to one of Lovecraft's creations in some way.
Bovel Wrote:
Quote:For certain the Naga are related to the old gods, and by extension the Faceless Ones. In my opinion, each old god has their own type of servant. The Aqir for C'thun, the Faceless for Yogg-saron...and the Naga for an even darker Old God.
Quote:Yogg'Saron also has the Nerubians, although he woke up the Faceless ones when the Nerubians got... destroyed.
This is not entirely correct since the aqir is not a race created by the Old Gods, but became puppets of gods in their bigger forms, Qiraj and Nerub. In essence it is unknown how the old gods really relate to eachother, but the text about the creation of Azeroth suggest they were allied at one point. If they are now, who knows? The Twilight Hammer sure don't mind hopping between gods and elemental lords but I don't they'd fathom loyalties on such a godly level.
Actually, the Aqir -were- created by C'thun.

Spoiler:
At the ancient continent of Kalimdor's center was a mysterious lake of incandescent energies, the Well of Eternity. It was the true heart of the world's magic and natural power. From this magical ether the Silithid were born. As the fallen Old God, C'Thun, recognized their appearance, he attempted to sunder the world that it once held in its unmerciful grasp. The Old God created avatars from the silithid in its own image. These avatars were to be known as aqir. Sapient and with purpose, the aqir worked feverishly to build a force capable of laying waste to the world that would betray their god, with the silithid as their minions.
[Image: Ml7sNnX.gif]
Well before they were all killed.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Brilliance! (Northrend related :B) muhaha8 5 1,358 11-20-2010, 03:15 PM
Last Post: muhaha8
  Forum related question. Jetniss 4 1,004 02-27-2010, 04:33 AM
Last Post: dastmo
  Player related stories that change CotH Ob3y 6 1,399 09-10-2009, 12:59 PM
Last Post: Gricca
  A few background related questions. Dominique 2 929 06-04-2009, 02:51 PM
Last Post: Theik