The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

[Suggestion] Setting the model height for your own character
Hello there,

it's an idea I already saw ingame on another roleplay server. A possibility to change the model height of the own character in the engine.

There is a GM command to set the height of a player or NPC model.

.mod scale X.X
(X is a placeholder for a number)

Sadly, a change only lasts until logging out. Therefore, the command could be made available for players, so they can make the own character heigh noticable in the engine.

My suggestion for the interval of possible change is 0.7 - 1.3, representing the minimum and maximum height of the player race.

Of course, with that there will be additional rules needed:
A player has only the right the change the model height of the own character. Other player models and NPC models musn't be changed!

For a proper use of that command the following macro would be of a help:
/target <name of the own character>
.mod scale <number>

What do you think about this idea? Helpful or unnecessary?
I was originally contemplating having some sort of way for people to post somewhere for a height change if it'd be appropriate for the character.
However, your post has made me think of a better idea! I'll create a command that accepts only a certain range of numbers (I may not go to the extremes... possibly only .1 or .2 to any specific direction) and have it save the value in my custom scales table. That way, it will only have to be used once.

I'll think about implementing this when I have the chance.
Wow, this answer was quick. I'm really happy and looking forward this.
I recall this was available on other servers, and a few small-increment changes could be pretty drastic. Do you know how much the height and size would vary for each?
The scale is based off of your character's height in-game, where 1.0 is 100% of your character's height. 1.1 would be 110% while 0.9 would be 90%.

Let's just assume that the heights listed on our wiki reflect how our characters appear in-game (this may not be the case). A human male is 6'. If you set the modifier for 1.1, your character would actually be 6'7" in game. On the other hand, 0.9 would end up being something around 5'6". As you can see, 10% can make a fairly large difference. 20% in either direction would result in 7'8" and 4'10".

Another random example? The most common female blood elf height is 5'9". 80% would be 4'7", 90% would be 5'2", 110% would be 6'4", and 120% would be 6'11".
That's... Actually an enormous difference. Maybe just 1.1 and .9 would work?
I really love this idea. A lot of my characters are either quite tall, or quite short for their races. It's hard to represent that properly..
Can the command work in .01 increments as well?
I really like the fine tuning Idea but something smaller than 10% changes is needed. Like may character Raereura is very short for a Draenei but with the current game models that isn't well represented at all.
What I mean is that the command would only accept anything between whatever values I choose. Therefore, something like 1.02 or .95 would work.
I personally agree with this implementation. There have been several occurances in which characters have had to constantly use potions and other items to temporarily increase the size of their characters. Shakaar, for example.
Jeneal jumps into the water. "HAHAHAHAHA!" She turns into a seal.
Sounds excellent to me, just as long as no one gets super duper huge. I like that you can set fractions in size with the command now. Kag is going in for a shortening soon enough!
I have wondered height for humans, because Arthas model in the caverns of time makes him taller than normal humans which I do not understand do lore figures have genetics that make them taller or what?
[Image: 8.jpg]
Excellent news, I'm looking forward to seeing this implemented at some point. Jared gon' be a big boy! :D Relatively speaking.
Vind101 Wrote:I have wondered height for humans, because Arthas model in the caverns of time makes him taller than normal humans which I do not understand do lore figures have genetics that make them taller or what?
It's normal RPG etiquette to increase the physical size of Lore figures in order to shell their obvious Mary-Sue qualities and egos.

In all seriousness, it's more of just an "theory" that notes that larger-than-life people are more important. A "size matters" complex, if you will.
Jeneal jumps into the water. "HAHAHAHAHA!" She turns into a seal.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Custom Location Suggestion Andy7565 2 1,124 08-25-2013, 11:30 AM
Last Post: Kimaira
Photo Wiki page suggestion Andy7565 4 1,157 08-06-2013, 11:29 AM
Last Post: Memnoch
  Suggestion for a new place to build. FlyingSquirrel 2 853 07-05-2013, 11:29 AM
Last Post: FlyingSquirrel
  [Suggestion] Forum Portfolios Traid 8 1,560 02-03-2013, 02:47 PM
Last Post: Kretol
  [Suggestion] Profile Anonymity Delta 30 5,105 01-24-2013, 01:06 PM
Last Post: Reigen