The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Necromancers and Runemasters, Open!
So, now that I've finally finished making Thragash a runemaster, I can undermine all of my own efforts by making them a base class now!

For RP purposes, necromancers and runemasters are now base classes. They can be RPed through the use of a special profile, though you must be a grunt. Special profiles, as always, are particularly strict in their approval.

Our local Wiki monkey (Krilari) is currently in the process of filling out information on these mysterious creatures on the wiki, including fake spellbooks that provide examples of what these beings can do in the wild.

All of those that completed the necromancer prestige will, due to fairness, still count as a prestige (now Graven One). As I don't care about being unfair to myself (masochism, ho!) Thragash will simply segue into a different prestige when the system comes into being.

Any questions, comments, feedback, or enraged ramblings, post below.
Have you hugged an orc today?
- I am not tech support. Please do not contact me regarding technical issues. -
\o/

Yay!
Just to note, the Runemaster and Necromancer Wikipages have been updated to fit the update.
I have a single demand. That has nothing to do with this topic.

Krilari has to stay and be known forever as Prancingstar Nightfairy.

That is all.

Now to make a necromancer.
Graven one is back...Yay! Gonna roll a Troll. Lol!
RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGEnojkculloveit.
Chieftain Muyoh Wolftotem - Chieftain of the Wolftotem Tribe
Can I please hear a "Witch Doctors are OPEN!"?!?!?!?

They aren't really prestigious to begin with.
[Image: snooki.gif]
A small little question:

I'd imagine that if Necromancers and Runemasters need a special profile you can't turn an already approved character into one, correct?
What happens if a bowl of Tauren spills into Wednesday on a bed of six o'clock?
(06-19-2011, 08:05 PM)Adam255 Wrote: A small little question:

I'd imagine that if Necromancers and Runemasters need a special profile you can't turn an already approved character into one, correct?

I'd assume you can. Special profiles seem to be flexible. Just make the special profile a continuation of a current characters story.
[Image: snooki.gif]
Making an existing, -profiled,- character into one is possible. But it goes by the standard CotH rules for class changes. A ton of IG training to do it. You're bettrr off to just get GM approval and toss up a special profile. Less hassle in the long run.

Edit: Keep in mind a special profile character can't be RPed until it's approved. So, you'll need to make a whole new character.
Spoiler:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bZkp7q19f0[/youtube]
DisneyReject Wrote:Can I please hear a "Witch Doctors are OPEN!"?!?!?!?

They aren't really prestigious to begin with.

The prestiges still have work they need to be done, we aren't going to run on an unfinished system.

We opened these two classes due to the entire fact that they aren't exactly prestige classes so we can give them to the population as a base class.
H'aww... No Frost/Flame Patterns, nor full Beast pattern?

And... no mark of Vampiric striking, either.

...No Pattern of Motion at all, so no teleportation, flight, burrowing or increased run speed... nor glyphs of Opening to pass through walls... Not even safe falling from heights.

Runemasters have a -lot- of abilities cut out from the list, don't they? It seems everything that's listed on the Wiki is combat-oriented.

Where have the utility spells gone? Like the transportation ones? Or that one rune that heals and restores the plants in an area?
Or even the rest of the Storm Pattern?

Also, what about runes Runemasters usually place on objects? Like runes to set an object alight, or heat the water in a bowl to boiling point, or chill a container, or harden and strengthen an object?

...Sheesh, I seem to have a lot of questions.
[Image: 2hhkp3k.gif]
Recommended reads: Divine and Arcane. Also, elves.
Wanna refer me in Tribes: Ascend? Clickies!
(06-19-2011, 10:17 PM)flammos200 Wrote: H'aww... No Frost/Flame Patterns, nor full Beast pattern?

And... no mark of Vampiric striking, either.

...No Pattern of Motion at all, so no teleportation, flight, burrowing or increased run speed... nor glyphs of Opening to pass through walls... Not even safe falling from heights.

Runemasters have a -lot- of abilities cut out from the list, don't they? It seems everything that's listed on the Wiki is combat-oriented.

Where have the utility spells gone? Like the transportation ones? Or that one rune that heals and restores the plants in an area?
Or even the rest of the Storm Pattern?

Also, what about runes Runemasters usually place on objects? Like runes to set an object alight, or heat the water in a bowl to boiling point, or chill a container, or harden and strengthen an object?

...Sheesh, I seem to have a lot of questions.

Remember, Grakor said that this is just a list of basic ideas. This is not an exact list of all the runes.
Ooooh. Now I understand. So, it's more of a 'These are the basics'-type of deal.

My apologies, I just thought that you'd taken the 'Let's hit with a club and make it work'-approach and made everything purely combat oriented, without the interesting little gimmicks that can be used for RP other than bashing heads in.

Thank you kindly for the swift response. /nod.

Oh, and... I'm really, really glad this change came to CoTH. The two new base classes have my full support.
/salute.
[Image: 2hhkp3k.gif]
Recommended reads: Divine and Arcane. Also, elves.
Wanna refer me in Tribes: Ascend? Clickies!
To be fair, Flame/Frost runes were kind of silly and not useful, and Motion in general was rather overpowered.
Have you hugged an orc today?
- I am not tech support. Please do not contact me regarding technical issues. -

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  FH Apps Open Again Grakor456 0 987 07-10-2012, 07:48 PM
Last Post: Grakor456
  Prestige Applications: OPEN Rosencrat 92 19,616 07-22-2011, 04:46 AM
Last Post: Jurkey
  Forum Mod Positions Open! Grakor456 0 995 04-11-2011, 09:46 PM
Last Post: Grakor456
  PRESTIGE CLASS STATUS: OPEN Anski 50 9,766 10-12-2010, 05:40 AM
Last Post: BountyHunter