The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Throwing weapons that sheathes like a normal weapon.
Alright, so I thought of this in some time, seeing as I have a rogue/assassin that equips a couple of weapons.
Imagine having a sword sheathed on your back, while having a dagger in each hand. I've played around with WoW-V and I do think that this is possible.

Something the GM team might consider? Just making a couple of weapons, with same DisplayID just in the throwing weapon/bow/gun slot.

That would be nice! I have a few characters who arm themselves heavily, and this would be nice to have their weapons show OOCly instead of just stated ICly as being there.
Spoiler:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bZkp7q19f0[/youtube]
So, like a cape with the model of a sword, mayhaps?
Would be awesome, but I do think that it's possible that it could be in your 3rd "weapon slot".
This has been kinda done before. Like giving a sword a gun model. This cause it to be placed on the character's back. there was also talk about making a vendor for those kinds of guns.
[Image: 293D4BE4-7170-4C2A-B8BF-7EA572513EBD.jpg]
Spoiler:
[Image: Lazuri65.png]
I'm not certain about the third weapon slot working, but the cape slot most definitely would! If we can make the third weapon slot appear at all times, a character could be armed with four weapons at once and have them show OOC as well as IC.
Spoiler:
Roxas65 Wrote:This has been kinda done before. Like giving a sword a gun model. This cause it to be placed on the character's back. there was also talk about making a vendor for those kinds of guns.

I know this has been done, but this thread isn't about swords with gun skins, but a character with a plethora of weapons that show using say, a cape with a sword or gun skin. More than just the two that would show.
Spoiler:
That, and I think swords look cooler strapped on the back than when on the waist.
Every day, I feel more a part of this community. And soon, as I merge with the local populace, I can begin the conversion. One at a time. One of us.

My egg died... Here is its corpse, may it rest in pieces.

[Image: d3cp.gif]
The question is how a cape with a sword or gun skin would show up on your back.
Spoiler:
Yeah...that's the question :/ but hey, let's give it a shot!
Spoiler:
Well, if the GMs are up to it, who am I to complain?
Spoiler:
If someone could set up a small AC Web server or something and test it...
I think that there is the option for sheating "on back" when making throwing weapon, making it possible to have a weapon on your back and still equipping a cape.
Well. I have a repack installed on my computer, send me the MySQL batch for ManGOS. From WoW-V, and send me any modified value on a separate TXT file.

<!-- e --><a href="mailto:[email protected]][email protected]</a><!-- e -->
May the riot be the Rhyme of the Unheard.

I know that AC Web is -very- easy to use. It's ArcEmu though.
I could make the item for you though.
Well. I don't think the conversion from ManGOS and Arc-Emu is too much of a hassle, if the item is uploaded to WoW-V, and Downloaded as a Arc batch...
May the riot be the Rhyme of the Unheard.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tauren's Totem Weapons ghaskan 9 5,561 01-20-2014, 10:29 AM
Last Post: Altaine
  ze Special Weapons Vendor Ebenezer 20 3,455 09-12-2012, 02:51 AM
Last Post: solitary
  Special Weapon Vendor. requiem225 7 1,804 06-14-2012, 04:45 PM
Last Post: Aadora
  Ranged Weapon Animation Trinket Rowgen 2 1,077 05-11-2012, 10:09 AM
Last Post: Rowgen
  Request for an added weapon! Erynn 4 1,024 05-02-2012, 02:10 PM
Last Post: Ozewse