The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

A slight issue.
Well it would appear that after reinstalling the game, I cannot seem to patch up to 3.3.5, it keeps trying to jump from 3.0 to 4.0. I haven't even been able to reinstall TBC or WotLK yet, is there something I can do to solve this problem?

Much love and appreciation for someone who helps me :D
I had this problem, fortunately I figured it out and I think I'll just shamelessly point you towards my thread on how to get from Install to the right patch:
viewtopic.php?f=56&t=25434
Hope it works for you too!
War isn't about dying for your country, it's about making the other guy die for his.
Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword, is clearly unfamiliar with the machine gun.
Maybe you should get to

HERE

For that-.. Oh. Appears I was beat to it. Same link is the same!
[Image: CKZI0Sp.gif]
I haven't yet installed TBC and WotLK, every time I try to install either or them it starts patching to 4.0 again. :/
It doesn't matter, as long as your client is at version 3.0.0 those patches will work as far as I'm aware.
War isn't about dying for your country, it's about making the other guy die for his.
Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword, is clearly unfamiliar with the machine gun.
But will I be able to install the expansions afterwards without worrying about it patching further?
Hmm if you're installing from the disc I don't see why they'd try to patch up. If all else fails I decided to look this up and uh, yeah here's the full game client at 3.5.5a already. It's a 16gb torrent so I have no idea if it'll actually download within a decent time frame and since this is ready to go for someone else's private server there's a possibility they might have changed things I'm not aware of.

http://eternal-wow.com/forum/general-ne ... 10636.html

I suspect you'll need to change the realmlist files as well. Refer to Kretol's post for info on that.
Well I also have the same problem, I will try it as well.
Something else just hit my mind as well, are you running the game through the launcher or through Wow.exe in the game folder? The launcher will always attempt to update your game so you should never try to join a private server through that.

The default location for bypassing the launcher on Windows XP is:
C:/Program Files/World of Warcraft/Wow.exe

Always use this and not the shortcut placed on the desktop and through programs on the start bar when joining private servers. I believe Kretol already said this but it is highly important as the launcher will attempt to update your game.
I have no idea why they're trying to patch, when the launcher opens for TBC it says "Play The Burning Crusade" rather than Install. So I dunno what I'm doing wrong, I think I'll just reinstall the whole thing up again.

-In regard to your latest post-

I haven't actually been able to get the game working yet, so I haven't gone through the opening process. I'm just stuck on the installation of TBC and WotLK.
Okay, a quick question. Do you have one that works for Macs?
@ Tyran

Okay... Here's a thought but I really am saying this is:
-AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!!!!-
1.) Uninstall World of Warcraft.
2.) Go to start and run program and type in regedit.
3.) Go on find and type in World of Warcraft
4.) Delete all entries of World of Warcraft from your registry.
5.) Attempt to reinstall World of Warcraft

I say at your own risk because deleting stuff from your registry can totally screw up your system. Therefore if you don't know what you're doing entirely I really don't think you should try it.
That said, I had a problem with Knights of the Old Republic thinking it was installed when it wasn't and that's how I fixed it.

@KageAcuma
Hmm no sorry I can't find one, the best I can suggest is a Windows partition on your mac and then download it although since I'm not overly familiar with how macs work I couldn't tell you how to do that.
Aww... I hope meh computar gets fixed then.
There's a WOTLK installer in this site, and you can find all of the WoW patches up to 3.5.5a at fileplanet. That's how I got mine back up.
Every day, I feel more a part of this community. And soon, as I merge with the local populace, I can begin the conversion. One at a time. One of us.

My egg died... Here is its corpse, may it rest in pieces.

[Image: d3cp.gif]
I found that I couldn't download and install the patches manually for some reason (might be because I'm in the EU. Not sure). If you open with the launcher it'll patch straight to the latest path. If you open via Wow.exe it'll install the patches patches patch by patch. It tells you which patch you're going from and which patch you're going to.

I haven't actually got on to the server yet, so I'm not sure if it works, but I'm definitely patched up properly.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Loading issue Dug 17 3,044 06-22-2013, 10:27 AM
Last Post: Reigen
  WoW patching - EU/US issue? Ebenezer 7 1,531 03-10-2012, 11:42 PM
Last Post: Ebenezer
  Create account issue's Kage 3 1,052 01-19-2012, 10:02 AM
Last Post: Kage
  Graphics Card issue. Delta 4 1,309 08-19-2011, 04:28 AM
Last Post: Delta
  Tapatalk connection issue Krilari 5 1,732 08-03-2011, 03:03 PM
Last Post: Krilari