The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Lore weapons
I see them too much. Quel'serrar and Quel'dalar mainly, as they are the shinier versions, and basically the only lore weapons you can spawn. Gorehowl (thank the Light) is off limits, but why is it off limits, while two swords with just as much lore behind them, are not?

Even if they're not being used as the respected weapons ICly, then why the fel do we have (example) Blood Elf rogues running around with a green, glowing runeblade? The only people I can see really running around with this is DKs, and how they fit into this, I have no clue.

But, back to the main piece. Why do we have some lore weapons for spawning, while we can't others? Why are they even spawnable in the first place? Would it be possible to take them off of it, or something?
We didn't actually put in restrictions on weapon spawning aside from the levels of the items. You can't spawn Legendary or Artifact items, for instance. ...Unless this was changed and I wasn't told.
Well, I just tried to .lo rp Gorehowl. I got nothing.
I think using the weapons as a model for your IC sword is not a problem and I think it is been said that's okay. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Also it's all about preference, some people like giant swords, some like hammers. Some like OP ish looking stuff and some like a realistic feel. I think we have to remember we are RPing in a fantasy genre and not so much standard dark ages, DnD/morrowind genre.

I understand where you're coming from. I too was curious about "Lore Weapons"

But in a difference sense. Is it possible to create artifacts, weapons or items with our own lore? Nothing on the magnitude of legendary or artifact items ICly, and within the realms of whats possible in the world. Like a sword passed down through generations or something in a cave that you and a party "Indiana Jones/tomb raider" hunt for. Being no more powerful or influential than just an enchanted item with a name and backstory? Does that make sense?
The Family Tree

TheBook of ThePharaoh

Pharaoh's Colosseum

The Four Suns Inn

"What are we, as role-players, if not authors in real time?" - MrBubbles

"I've always treated Role-play as Collaborative Writing. Co-authoring the stories of your characters, alongside other people." - Flammos200
Well, Pharaoh, that's the problem. We shouldn't have random people running around with Runeblades. The only people that can make Runeblades are 1) Really good Elven Blacksmiths or 2) Death Knights. The shininess is okay, but still, they are two of the most powerful Elven made runeblades, and elven runeblades already are pretty damn powerful.

On the bottom, I believe that's okay. I have some lore between Bragdana and his axe, although it hasn't been handed down generation to generation. Personally, I believe that would be okay, as well.
In the end, there's nothing that can be done from stopping people from running around with super unrealistic anything at this point. Preaching out that everybody should change their ways and use more realistic weapons isn't going to do anything. We say this to everyone every single time a cry for change against everybody on the server comes up. :\
[Image: wMRLoCF.gif]
To iterate, if the staff comes across anyone breaking any of the lore rules, we deal with it accordingly. The Legendary items are banned on the grounds that they are usually more well known or higher up in lore. Had Blizzard wished for such an item to be of extreme importance, it would be in the legendary section. If I go running around with the Twin Blades of Azzinoth (Which I don't, mind you,) and saying that Navren made them himself and they have no connection to Illidan, it would be awwright. But, if I said I punched Illidan's skull in (Which is possible for Navren, mind you :V,) and took them, that's a no fly zone.
Then why is Gorehowl blocked, and not these?
Through the quest, in theory, you forge the two blades gifted to the races. It's to reason that they are all duplicate blades because of this. Nobody important has really gone about swinging them like they have Shadowmourne. Blizzard put items into the Legendary category because they were highly used by lore figures, such as Atiesh Greatstaff of the Guardian, and a symbol. Although powerful, the two blades to the two elven races weren't seen as such. As a result of this, they are just epic quality. Naturally, if anyone says they are USING the blade such as that, it's obviously a no fly. Even if we allowed all the legendary items, if someone said the lore characters used the one they had, it would still be no go. This applies here as well.
Well that's completely beside the point. This is based on Coth's thoughts, not Blizzard's. I personally believe that since these are lore weapons, even if not major ones, they should not be spawnable. There is only one of them in the world, and you have some fragment of it that you reforge it off of. As I said earlier, a random Blood Elf shouldn't be running around with it in Booty Bay.

EDIT: Wait, with Quel'delar, you go through forging the connection between the hilt and the blade, both are still intact. Also, the Quel'serrar is based off a book, then forged and enchanted in Onyxia's flame, or something.
Well, unless Kretol changes their spawnability, we can't do anything about it. If anyone says they're actually using Quel'serrar and the such, it should be reported as breaking the rules. But, if they're using it for the model, it's OK until Kretol changes the database to reflect their availability through the add RP Item command.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tauren's Totem Weapons ghaskan 9 5,561 01-20-2014, 10:29 AM
Last Post: Altaine
  ze Special Weapons Vendor Ebenezer 20 3,455 09-12-2012, 02:51 AM
Last Post: solitary
  Updating IG to reflect Lore Nephuria 7 1,218 12-24-2011, 03:01 PM
Last Post: CappnRob
  New Bow Model in Special Weapons Vendor Rowgen 3 1,060 11-13-2011, 05:37 AM
Last Post: Rowgen
  addrpitem (weapons) idea. Zoldam 4 1,078 05-03-2011, 12:31 PM