The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Workshop Facts and Myths
The Workshop, the 'dreaded' subforum of the profile board in which people 'criticise' your work.
This, is untrue. These are the facts

Myth ~ There is no point in using the Workshop, it's a complete waste of time, posting it straight away will get it approved quicker.

Fact - Posting your profile within the Workshop before you post it normally will improve your chances of getting it approved first shot by a factor of at least 75%*. The people of CotH will gladly help you pick up on the small irregularities within your lore and other small things.

Myth ~ The Workshop is a ruthless battleground where everyone criticises your work and picks it to pieces.

Fact - Everyone who posts within a profile on the Workshop is with the intent of helping you get your work approved as fast as possible. We all try to be nice with the way we go about things and always wish for the best.

* Figure plucked out of thin air.

TL;DR - Post in the Workshop, it does you good.
Really, Bounty, it's just us two that usually troll it. Not 75%.
That's true, but with our oversight there is a 75% more chance that it will be approved at a later date then if it wasn't.
Oh. I misread.

/highfive
/highfive
As self-appointed co-author of this thread (even though I really had nothing to do with it), I present you with another helpful source, other than us.
It was my fault for that upper post, wasn't it?

Don't lie.
. . . No? What did you do which would warrant something like that?
I believe that I "reminded" Dan with this.

Poke it.

EDIT: Since his post here was momentarily after mine on the profile.
Why does one fear the workshop?
- The critique from people without any fibre or sense to try and help the person you comment which is one of the demands when you leave negative criticism. (If I cannot help to interpret lore and bend the character to reach a satifying result, then I bother commenting either.)
(02-24-2012, 10:15 AM)Piroska Wrote: Conspiracy. That's all it is; Kret's afraid that your pure, digital awesomeness would crash the server if it were allowed.
(06-14-2013, 05:42 PM)McKnighter Wrote: Bovel, Lord of Beards

Character About Involvement
Causticity Blackbreath Goblin Alchemist -
Telaah Draenei Anchorite Writings of an Anchorite

[Image: kiXJxhI.gif]
Yes, Pestilent. It was all you.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Random facts about our characters Saiyuu 181 38,186 12-30-2014, 07:13 PM
Last Post: Harmonic
  Random facts about our RP styles and signatures ImagenAshyun 21 4,050 05-17-2014, 03:18 AM
Last Post: Sorum
  Workshop Wishlist Loxmardin 7 1,655 01-18-2014, 09:56 AM
Last Post: Loxmardin
  Random Fun-facts about your characters. Uguu 28 4,497 01-15-2012, 05:09 PM
Last Post: Sadron
  How do I get my Workshop page into the Intial Approval sec. ThomasBusteed 1 830 03-14-2010, 06:00 PM
Last Post: HelveteSong