The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

A couple ideas
First:
Portable OOC portals.
It's annoying when your hearthstone is on cooldown and GMI is over 30 minute trip away.

Second:
Custom OOC teleports. - Could be used for mages even IC.
You know those locations you REALLY love to RP in, but no portal is near? Without this there'd be no such problem! You could save the coordinates of your favourite places and access them whenever you wanted!

Third:
Teleport party.
Every character should have a skill to teleport their party to them. It's difficult for low level to get to some good places because they don't have flying mounts. For example: A high level can get to Scholazar Basin easily, but a low level would have to maneuver through the mobs for hours.

Fourth:
Dragging others.
It'd be good if you could use a command and there'd be a Yes/No choice to the person you use the command on. If they click "Yes", then their character will get dragged by the one using the command. It'd be very handful when dragging low-levels who can't use flying mounts through the skies with your own flying mounts, if you're a high-level.
Meow
In my thoughts I think they should make the hearth stones to OOC teleporters not to be used in RP.
I don't think most of these suggestions can even be done. The only one that's plausible is group teleport since GMs can do it, but I do believe it could be abused by players.
Wuvvums Wrote:I don't think most of these suggestions can even be done. The only one that's plausible is group teleport since GMs can do it, but I do believe it could be abused by players.

Just like glaives, blindfolds, tattoos and most powers characters have by IG mechanics.
The point is: Most of us are mature RPers. If someone abuses, we will tell them that it's not allowed and they will most likely stop it. If not, then that means that they shouldn't RP here at all, if they abuse things given them.
Meow
Wearable objects are a bit different than having the ability to summon people at a whim without their consent.
I do remember a custom teleport on another private server. All it had was the capital cities, GMI, and a couple of random neutral area's. (Not random for each person, everyone had the same area.) Then they change it to .t -name of place- and that worked quite well.
Most of these -can- be done Wuvums, with skilled developers. I've seen such thing happen on other servers.
I support this! The problem is, that people believe that the PvE and PvP element in this server is so important, hence why they don't want abusable stuff like insta-50 when creating character, etc.
If I remember correctly this server...actually it may have been another -did- have a portable OOC teleporter, that's the only one I really support.

I've never found travel difficult at any level. Even outlands and Northrend.
It just takes valuable RP time if you have to travel pretty long for every time you want to go somewhere you like to RP. There are many awesome RP places where none of the OOC portal teleports are even close! You'd have to fly for like 10 minutes -every- time you want to get there. That'd be a full hour of just random flying for only 6 times.
Meow
Flying is an instant teleportation, it does not take any travel time at all.
“Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible.”
― Frank Zappa
As a bonus you could use the travel for more RP, travel RP can be great if properly executed.

Though if you want to create a teleporter that'd be great and I'm sure Kretol would be more than happy to integrate it. We used to have one on the site but I believe it stopped functioning with server core change.
All makt åt Tengil, vår befriare!

I vouch for this!
Karunzo Wrote:Flying is an instant teleportation, it does not take any travel time at all.

I meant flying with a mount.

Nostra Wrote:As a bonus you could use the travel for more RP, travel RP can be great if properly executed.

It -can- be great, but I doubt mages would travel a lot if they could just teleport themselves where they wished.
Meow

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Kalimdorian Humans and Dark Trolls [General Thoughts/Ideas] Unlucky17 6 1,728 11-25-2012, 07:08 AM
Last Post: Rigley
  Two ideas, one thread dastmo 11 1,634 04-26-2011, 04:43 AM
Last Post: dastmo
  Just some Ideas... Oddity 7 1,023 02-08-2010, 11:16 AM
Last Post: dastmo
  Looking to give my ideas to your Server as a GM EarthyDove 25 2,798 11-08-2009, 10:59 AM
Last Post: Anski