The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Light Runes
This is c0rzilla's brain going every which way.

What do you all think of the possibility and use of Light runes? Possible? Not? What can they do?
[Image: tumblr_nfm4t0FZcT1rtcd58o1_r1_500.gif]
Mmm, I don't believe it'll be possible, as runes are usually ley-formations in the world, that channel the arcane through them. I've never heard of accounts of runes that channeled light instead of arcane.
Perhaps a symbol blessed and/or imbued with Light?
Not sure if okay...

Runes are arcane, Light is divine. Might be possible to have something imitating some of the properties of divine but it'd still be arcane magic.
All makt åt Tengil, vår befriare!

While I'm unsure of exact light runes, I'd wait to see what others may say, but I could list some alternatives that you may like if this isn't all possible.

The first suggestion, could be using symbols for certain spells, like how you'll need them for certain group-cast buffs.

Or you could use power words, icly, just like how you cast your shields

Another could be symbolism I believe, certain items blessed with light(like holy water), that could do certain effects.

Or find an inscriber, as they're able to tattoo runes onto you, that would double your healing powers, and or other various effects.
"Runes" can only be charged with arcane (Either "normal" arcane, "Necromantic" arcane or "Fel").

But you can "Bless" things with Light and Shadow. They -aren't- runes, however. And I'm not even entirely sure about how the blessing works and what it's capable of doing or not. I only believe it's possible.
As shown by the 'Ley-Walker' prestige class, priests and priestesses do indeed have an affiliation with the ley lines, and as such, I see no reason why there -wouldn't- be holy runes.

Quote:Any of the divine spellcasters are likely to study this path as well, particularly druids, shamans and priests of Elune.

As far as holy symbols are concerned, the Church of the Holy Light has a symbol much akin to the christian cross, but with a circle instead of a perpendicular line.

[Image: wow_graveyard.jpeg]

And, another symbol of the Light:

[Image: Spell_holy_holyprotection.png]

Also, here is an example of the Gift of the Naaru spell, which summons a floating rune when cast. A holy rune may look something like this, or this may specifically be Naaru-oriented, since it is a 'gift' from the Naaru.

[Image: 101948]

Another example of a Holy Rune can be found:

Here

and

Here
"Every gun..."

[Image: Jonah-Hex-Counting-Corpses-Flaming-Leap.jpg]

"...Makes its own tune."

~ The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly ~
Also, high divinists master the arcana domain, which gives them access to pretty much all mage spells.
[Image: Ml7sNnX.gif]
Runes glow golden normally, even when enchanted with arcane. Just because it's called "Rune of the holy dawn", it doesn't mean it's a rune made with the Light. Paladin Glyphs are arcane runes, aswell. They'd count as runemaster inscriptions upon the person's body.
The thing people don't understand is that Light-users CAN use the arcane. They do it a lot. But it's not actually them going "Hur, I'm a wizard, CAST SPELL." It's more, "Light, grant me this magic!" And so it's divine.
[Image: Ml7sNnX.gif]
In the same way, wizards can access both the Light and Shadow realms by tapping on them with the arcane - and it's not divine magic. But that's multi-classing, and we can't have that on CotH.
If you're looking to create holy runes I'd say become a High Divinist. That is assuming you take their d20 skills seriously.

/rune of opening prestiges
Bump. Need answers!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Vrykul, Val'kyr and Light Use c0rzilla 11 2,569 04-01-2014, 08:26 AM
Last Post: Dae
  The Holy Light and the Priesthood twilightfae 0 752 04-20-2012, 09:20 AM
Last Post: twilightfae
  Thalassian runes. Flammeschmieden 7 1,791 03-13-2012, 11:09 PM
Last Post: Eeptog