The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Healing with the Light
Hello CotH, I present you with a simple question:

Do you believe The Light can be used to repair lost limbs?

Not just a limb that was cut off and re-attached, more like 'regrow', for lack of a better term.

I've been told by some that it can't do as such, and others have said that it's possible yet extremely tiring.

Honestly I'm of the opinion that the Light can indeed return lost limbs and body parts, given that the tool tips heal just as much as any nature-based magic.

Still, your opinions, CotH?
To me, the light is more repairing the flesh rather than making it. The body is nature, thus, that's why I feel nature magic is able to regrow it. Think of it this way: A tree died in your yard and left a big hole. Nature magic would be a regrowing tree from a seed. The light is buying a artificial tree from home-depot, hauling it across the county, then sticking it into the ground and forgetting about it in order to patch up the hole in the ground to make it look nicer, faster.
(09-27-2011, 02:22 PM)Reigen Wrote: To me, the light is more repairing the flesh rather than making it. The body is nature, thus, that's why I feel nature magic is able to regrow it. Think of it this way: A tree died in your yard and left a big hole. Nature magic would be a regrowing tree from a seed. The light is buying a artificial tree from home-depot, hauling it across the county, then sticking it into the ground and forgetting about it in order to patch up the hole in the ground to make it look nicer, faster.

...To me, it's the exact opposite.

Nature magic, in my opinion, heals by greatly enhancing your body's natural healing speed. This means a troll would perhaps heal a lost limb using nature magic, but not a human.

That said, however, Nature magic is also employed through the spirits, or nature itself. They are supernatural in nature, and as a consequence, so are their abilities. They "transcend the normal", and thus, can make a shaman or a druid fully heal a destroyed limb.

The deal is the same with the Light.

In other words: Magic is magical. It breaks the norm, does the impossible. Does it have limits? Perhaps. Are they clearly outlined? No.

This is however my own opinion; There are characters with lost limbs on Lore that never got them back, so that means perhaps no healing magic whatsoever could do it.

Then again, dead characters in lore are also not resurrected, commonly.
Nature might be nature (derp), but to me, the Light is...
  • The very force of creation itself.

• So malleable that it only relies on belief and will alone to heal.

• Both!
So, yes. I believe the Light can regrow a limb, but not every Light user has that intricate skill and faith.

A buddy I RP with, when healing, uses the Light to search out wounds. Through this trick, I think a person can "see" how an arm might regrow back, and direct the Light along that path.
[Image: tumblr_nfm4t0FZcT1rtcd58o1_r1_500.gif]
Personally, I believe the light would be able to repair a limb, since it's able to restore a person to an original body from a finger. You don't give the person someone else's body that's still all together and force their spirit back in.

And on a side note, I feel nature/light heal in the same way. It's simply different culture that favors one way over another.

It's how there's multiple religion in the world, people believe in different things, and follow what they choose to believe.
I'm gonna have to disagree on the Light being able to heal a lost limb. I'd much rather use natural magicks to heal it. Here's my reasoning:
  • The Light causes an extreme/minor burn depending on the case.
  • Nature Magick helps increase your healing speed, thus aiding the limb in growing back.
  • I see the Light as a caregiver, not a miracle worker. It'll sew you up, clean you up, but when it comes to giving back lost limbs/organs, lolno.
  • I see Nature Magick as being able to do so because, like a phoenix, life continues in a circle. If you can lose the limb, you can gain it back.

So, a bit of a ramble, but yeah.
Delta Wrote: I couldn't help but watch that with a smile. It's comparable to watching a kitten climb onto the sofa and mew excitably, as if it's just achieved something monumental.

[Image: Sasuke-gifs-uchiha-sasuke-22778910-500-220.gif]

Spoiler:
Lithdra -- Blood Elf -- 85
Aitana -- Forsaken -- 85
Kymu -- Draenei -- 85
Anrielle -- Night Elf -- 85
Kravus -- Blood Elf -- 60
Rinkata -- Troll -- 60
Nicci -- Goblin -- 60
(09-27-2011, 03:28 PM)Evaszion Wrote: I'm gonna have to disagree on the Light being able to heal a lost limb. I'd much rather use natural magicks to heal it. Here's my reasoning:
  • The Light causes an extreme/minor burn depending on the case.
  • Nature Magick helps increase your healing speed, thus aiding the limb in growing back.
  • I see the Light as a caregiver, not a miracle worker. It'll sew you up, clean you up, but when it comes to giving back lost limbs/organs, lolno.
  • I see Nature Magick as being able to do so because, like a phoenix, life continues in a circle. If you can lose the limb, you can gain it back.

So, a bit of a ramble, but yeah.

Burns? How so? If you mean undead, then growing limbs would be difficult. The Light is life, and undead can only be healed up to their state when they died.

Not a miracle worker? It relies entirely upon faith and belief to be shaped and used.

I'm...not sure about your last point here. I also agree that nature magic can regrow limbs, so yeah.
[Image: tumblr_nfm4t0FZcT1rtcd58o1_r1_500.gif]
Light = Auto-nurse 2000
Nature = Troll 2000
'Nature Magick helps increase your healing speed, thus aiding the limb in growing back.'

This commonly confuses me. We are not naturally able to regrow limbs, so wouldn't nature magic just seal up the wound?
IT essentially is like stem cells on 'roids, iirc Kril.
[Image: Ml7sNnX.gif]
"If you're wondering how he [Joel/Mike] eats and breathes / And other science facts / Then repeat to yourself 'It's just a show, / I should really just relax.'"

I believe both can restore limbs, though I do not know the specifics of it. I do imagine it would consume a great deal of energy, to a point where one might need more than one healer to pull it off, though.
Quote:[8:53AM] Cassius: Xigo is the best guy ever. he doesn't afraid of anything.
Light magic is divine in nature. By its very definition, it defies the natural order of things to accomplish them. Also take into consideration that the two main Light using classes (pallies and priests) both have spells that abolish natural afflictions like diseases and poisons.

Basically, it doesn't really matter how Light or Nature healing differs, because it ultimately does the exact same thing.
Your stories will always remain...
[Image: nIapRMV.png?1]
... as will your valiant hearts.
I seem to recall there was a consensus on this a year or more ago that nothing could regrow lost limbs, with the possible exceptions of actually being a Troll or direct miracle/divine intervention, because few races can regrow their limbs naturally and even famous and wealthy people in the Warcraft world can suffer from crippling injuries such as sight loss and the loss of body parts without ever recovering.
(09-27-2011, 02:29 PM)Uthaniel Wrote: Nature magic, in my opinion, heals by greatly enhancing your body's natural healing speed. This means a troll would perhaps heal a lost limb using nature magic, but not a human.

That said, however, Nature magic is also employed through the spirits, or nature itself. They are supernatural in nature, and as a consequence, so are their abilities. They "transcend the normal", and thus, can make a shaman or a druid fully heal a destroyed limb.

The deal is the same with the Light.

In other words: Magic is magical. It breaks the norm, does the impossible. Does it have limits? Perhaps. Are they clearly outlined? No.

Pretty much this, with a few differences.

Basically, magical healing in Warcraft, by my own interpretation, is restoring a person's physical body, according to their cellular memory and the fractal patterns inherent in their genetic code.

Since most people don't get what that is, I'll try and explain.

Basically, your body has, stored inside it, the blueprints for how you are(as a whole individual). If an arm is chopped off, your body isn't whole anymore. Healing magic is essentially energy that uses the blueprints in your cells to rebuild your body and make it whole and healthy again. This applies to curing diseases, healing lost limbs, and even resurrection.

Which is why you can resurrect someone with just their ashes, or hell, even a cell, or fecal matter from the person that killed and ate them.

As long as you have a single cell of a dead organism, it can be resurrected, because stored in its cellular memory are the fractal patterns - the genetic code - through which the body can be rebuilt.

Now, the two types of healing magic do the same thing, but in different ways, in my opinion.

Nature magic invigorates the body, and urges it to regrow through the means it grants. Basically, super-regeneration and nourishing, a la Wolverine from the X-Men. Hence Regrowth, Rebirth, Rejuvination, Etc.

Light magic infuses the target with divine energy, making them whole through said divine will, through the belief of the caster. It's not really regeneration, as much as it is miraculous healing.

A point I would like to make is that I've treated the same as applying to Forsaken/DKs, when the caster uses Shadow to repair undead bodies. Thus, through a treatment of Shadow/Unholy, the Undead body returns to a post-death pristine state. Though the cells are dead, cellular memory allows the body to be restored to wholeness through Unholy magic. Oh yay. Deaders are now healz0rd.

Still, nothing Player Characters can do can rezz the Undead into being alive in the WoW setting. Just back into being Undead.

TL;DR: Yes, Light and Nature alike can restore limbs, rezz people, and repair damaged organs.
[Image: 2hhkp3k.gif]
Recommended reads: Divine and Arcane. Also, elves.
Wanna refer me in Tribes: Ascend? Clickies!
(09-27-2011, 05:02 PM)flammos200 Wrote: [quote='Uthaniel' pid='207390' dateline='1317162574']

Still, nothing Player Characters can do can rezz the Undead into being alive in the WoW setting. Just back into being Undead.

Unless you request a divine miracle, but...

Not PC doable unless a GM looks over it very carefully and even then...
[Image: Ml7sNnX.gif]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Vrykul, Val'kyr and Light Use c0rzilla 11 2,569 04-01-2014, 08:26 AM
Last Post: Dae
  Shadow Healing Grakor456 85 13,974 05-21-2012, 07:35 AM
Last Post: LostStranger
  The Holy Light and the Priesthood twilightfae 0 752 04-20-2012, 09:20 AM
Last Post: twilightfae
  The Light and the Mind c0rzilla 4 1,136 11-17-2011, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Arrillion
  Light Runes c0rzilla 34 6,968 07-19-2011, 03:25 AM