The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Idea : Horses for all?
Hey all,

Been a while.. but.. lets stay on topic!

I've come to the thought of asking to make the Alliance horses available to all. Since Sin'Dorei have uses for them, like Forsaken and.. the not too big lumpy meat forces like Orcs, Trolls and Tauren. (No offence though)
So I wonder if this could be done.

If not then.. well.. its still a good idea, right?
[Image: kuzco_llama_by_mroobalooba-d3jkg9p.png]

Oh my god... you didn't...
I think while some of the Sin'dorei might pick them over their national pride (I forgot what those birds are called.) most real living horses, would run off at the smell of death around a forsaken. (Reason for picking them is unclear, but hey, I never play Sin'Dorei) They would never allow a forsaken to ride them willingly, they stink, they look all boney.. And stuff.

Orc's.. would eat them? I think they like raw meat, same thing for Trolls.

And with the Tauren.. I can see the horse it's back breaking due to the sheer weight. ;3

Just my thoughts.
Thats why I said they're more only made avaliable to Forsaken and Sin'Dorei, like to travel undercover or something like that. And you know how some spies and agents of both races will go.

While I can think up as to why a forsaken would want a horse, to look human if dressed in the right garments..

I still wonder about the smell? The smell of death surrounds forsaken, how would one go taming a wild horse, or purchasing one and riding on it when the horse would get sick of the bacterias, smell and scary look of them? Forsaken carry thousands with them(Aka the bacterias) probably, not bothered by it themselves because their dead. The horse is not. ^.^

Then again, I really don't know what the others think. Though, if a human puts fake ears on, dresses up like a Sin'Dorei and hijacks a bird.. I would love to see how far he would get ICly.
We'll have to wait and see if these idea's are ever going to be put to use.
And Forsaken dont really care of how much dead they'll end up taking.. I think...
Animal and humanoid alike..

Okay, here's the deal - Humans are one of my favorite races. My main character is a Human... and here comes the problem.
Us, Humans, have no our own language that no one can understand... our capital is capital for the whole Alliance... and we share our kingdoms with Undead, Orcs, Gnolls and what not. Sorry, but I don't think we should give away our horses! LOL

Just kidding. I agree for the Belves to use the horses, but as Psychyn pointed out - no horse would let a dead man get on its back.
Technically, since the Forsaken are all over magical stuff, they could probably enchant/bewitch a Horse into not understanding what's happening to it. Horse's are basic beasts, and so I wouldn't imagine they'd have the cognitive ability to fend off magical brainwashing trickery.

Granted, there'd likely be drawbacks, like it not being able to differentiate dangerous humanoids form friendly ones, or it might not understand when it's life is in danger and lose self preservation skills, or some such. If it were too heavily bewitched, it might not even eat or drink unless directed to do so.
I don't see a point to giving everyone horses, really. I could see your point if you meant every race could get every mount. Even then, I think there would be some abuse to this. There are many odd mounts to chose from on GMI. I think this may be enough, but that's me personally. I just fear seeing Tauren on Mechanostriders and many other potential oddities. :?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  An idea for the Dragonsworn Prestige Lendri 14 2,795 07-21-2011, 05:22 AM
Last Post: FlyingSquirrel
  Happily Ever After? (The Idea of Character Retirement) Kaghuros 0 701 07-04-2011, 05:28 PM
Last Post: Kaghuros
  addrpitem (weapons) idea. Zoldam 4 1,078 05-03-2011, 12:31 PM
Last Post: Zoldam
  What happened to that "Lawless City" idea? Jurkey 72 7,387 01-24-2011, 06:23 AM
Last Post: Roxas65
  Flimsy Mask Seller. Idea Spiralin 4 975 11-09-2010, 07:09 AM
Last Post: rodentjoe