The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

What happened to that "Lawless City" idea?
Basically, I've been searching around and couldn't find it. I really thought that it was a good idea, and it could get rid of the masses of RP in BB. Basically, my idea is that there should be an inn, a couple of buildings and not much more. There could be NPCs, but only like, innkeepers and stuff like that.

Something I hate about Booty Bay for example, is that it's almost impossible to kill or assassinate someone. It might sound stupid, but making a lawless city would definently add some kind of "karma factor". If you do stupid things, you will regret it. I imagine that there should be a couple of hired bodyguards inside the inn, to make sure nothing happens -inside- of the inn. Outside should be allowed, and pretty much the whole area.

It could be a very small town, maybe a sort of camp to make it less lore-changing.

I would really like this, and the idea should be that you are under constant CW if you aren't inside of the inn in that area. All sorts of people would come here, guilds would try to claim the place, and there would be plenty of conflict RP - which would be a change from the casual tavern RP.
I'm trying to push my Haven towards this direction, however I do not yet wish to make an official Lawless City thread and plan everything out until I get confirmation the initial plan is not working.
Perhaps we can just improvise on our own depending on the location. If we figure out a good spot ourselves, we can invite others in and hopefully it'll become a hotspot.

Ruins of the Scarlet Enclave I think can work for a lawless town if you were to stay away from the Scarlet and the Ebons. I am not sure if you could say it's a different town itself and act like it's in a different location.
When did the cartel areas, Mimiron's Anchorage and Raven Hill become insufficent?
(02-24-2012, 10:15 AM)Piroska Wrote: Conspiracy. That's all it is; Kret's afraid that your pure, digital awesomeness would crash the server if it were allowed.
(06-14-2013, 05:42 PM)McKnighter Wrote: Bovel, Lord of Beards

Character About Involvement
Causticity Blackbreath Goblin Alchemist -
Telaah Draenei Anchorite Writings of an Anchorite

[Image: kiXJxhI.gif]
Raven Hill - Nice abandoned town. Got killed there once, nice blood-absorbent soil and rain.
Mimiron's Anchorage/Cartel Towns - Far from lawless towns, if one were to ask me. :3
[Image: Ml7sNnX.gif]
Raven Hill's too... morbid. Would be nice to have a lawless spot that also appeals to the non-fel/dead dabblers as well, maybe a spot that isn't too run-down since lawless doesn't always mean disrepair.
Mimiron's too stuffy. Goblin towns are liberal but still have laws present.
I'm sure there is a spot where the flag of the lawless can be planted.
I keep thinking about places in Northrend, but then I worry about the lowbies.
Really, though, I miss lawless RP. I love the OP's idea of an inn / small outpost.
˜★Sketch Blog
Really, I just want a town where it's possible to get angry in a bar and start a fight without having guards leaping on you within a instant.

Bar warfare = Win.
^

Ironforge.

Bar fights are allowed and encouraged.
Quote:[8:53AM] Cassius: Xigo is the best guy ever. he doesn't afraid of anything.
Cross faction bar fights which involve a bit of racial hate would be great too.

Instead of making a new town, why don't we just lawless up Booty Bay into the Goblin pirate port reputation it should live up to?
Well the thing is with that, I imagine the goblins would fine the hell out of everyone in the bar afterward for property damage.
Quote:[8:53AM] Cassius: Xigo is the best guy ever. he doesn't afraid of anything.
BountyHunter Wrote:Cross faction bar fights which involve a bit of racial hate would be great too.

Instead of making a new town, why don't we just lawless up Booty Bay into the Goblin pirate port reputation it should live up to?
As a generally CN town would be, methinks.
Hell, I'm sure the guards would place bets on bar fights...
...until weapons were drawn.
What about we got some GM to spawn a couple of tents or small building out in the middle of nowhere, and make a portal to the place?
It could ICly be placed somewhere in the Barrens, seeing as the barrens is actually quite big ICly.
There could be a tavern, a couple of tents and stuff like that. It should look more like a small camp, than a city.

I hate playing an assassin and have to "invite" people out infront of a city to kill them.
I reckon Raven Hill is a good place. What's stopping someone from going in there and starting a business... I mean... Most stay away because of the cemetery teeming with undead right behind there. But if there's a character crazy enough to try start a small business there, then get the word out. It could turn into a pretty nice lawless area.
The worlds a roller coaster,
And I am not strapped in,
Maybe I should hold with care,
But my hands are busy in the air.

Like Father, Like Son. The path of a Beastmaster.
Drust Wrote:I reckon Raven Hill is a good place. What's stopping someone from going in there and starting a business... I mean... Most stay away because of the cemetery teeming with undead right behind there. But if there's a character crazy enough to try start a small business there, then get the word out. It could turn into a pretty nice lawless area.

Not really, Raven Hill is already dangerous and deserted for a reason, and the problem with this idea is that if there is ever a time where one group out numbers the other it will lead to bad things. I could see this easily turn into an excessive gankfesst.
[Image: classic-76561197997915481.png]
I like the idea of toning down BB to be less ... Lawful Neutral? More "This is obviously a pirate town and clearly not Stormwind with Goblins?"
Jurkey's idea of a lawless tent camp isn't bad; I was tossing that around. Barrens is nice for low levels. Desolace could also be a good spot, too, considering it's even more contested and a "You have to be crazy to do anything here" kind of place.
˜★Sketch Blog

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Neutral Goblin City Harmonic 42 6,404 11-20-2012, 03:23 PM
Last Post: Caravan
  An idea for the Dragonsworn Prestige Lendri 14 2,795 07-21-2011, 05:22 AM
Last Post: FlyingSquirrel
  Happily Ever After? (The Idea of Character Retirement) Kaghuros 0 701 07-04-2011, 05:28 PM
Last Post: Kaghuros
  Idea : Horses for all? Jaella 7 1,462 05-14-2011, 06:57 PM
Last Post: Dotsy
  addrpitem (weapons) idea. Zoldam 4 1,078 05-03-2011, 12:31 PM
Last Post: Zoldam