The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Boost for skills?
Another.. idea thingy.

Why not apply the x4 rates to skills as well?
Since mundane skills like Fishing and Cooking wont take that long then!
Share your other thoughts on this and if its a good idea, or not.
[Image: kuzco_llama_by_mroobalooba-d3jkg9p.png]

Oh my god... you didn't...
I'd have to agree with this!
The professions/secondary skills are pretty annoying to raise, the fact the materials are sold on the airship is helping to it, instead of running out and collecting them all over Azeroth, but they are expensive.

So i'd say or higher the profession leveling rate, or reduce the price on the profession materials in the airship!
It'd be very helpful from what I know.
What happens if a bowl of Tauren spills into Wednesday on a bed of six o'clock?
Lowering the prices of materials won't work for one reason, I believe.
When you buy cheap materials, there are more expensive items, which you can create and sell with a profit. Prices are made this way, so we can have little to none profit by selling off to Vendors. Instead, with high prices on materials, the Auction House will get more additions, since people will want to get more money from the items they craft. Or at least that's how I see it. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong...
Dastmo, this is'nt exactly a legit styled server.
And the community itself does not seem to be money driven, more like for the funs of the crafts they can make and use or share with their friends.
Only items I think are eligible to be classified as 'money makers' are the choppers, but even those are sometimes just made for the price their items cost.

I agree with Jaella, again.

I still remain with my idea of or boosting skill gain or lowering the price on materials.
It would be nice that people could raise their profs easily like that.
Whilst we are not a legitimate styled server, we do not wish for things like large profits from craftable items to be abused. That is exactly why we do not have a vendor who sells ores anymore as they were able to be brought, smelted and sold for a higher price.

Regarding increasing the rate, I do not know if this is even possible. By the sounds of it, it isn't likely.
BountyHunter Wrote:Regarding increasing the rate, I do not know if this is even possible. By the sounds of it, it isn't likely.
Actually, if I am not wrong... wasn't it done long time ago? When even grey items gave skill increase? Or am I wrong? :|
As far as I am aware, that was a bug. . . But I don't know.
It's pretty possible from what I know...
I've seen a server where the profession rates were x10 (Every item made raises you up 10 levels, even gray ones) and that worked out pretty nicely.
It still is possible to gain skill from grey items, albeit relatively low chance.
I got mining from ~200 up to 450 within an evening with a trip to Naragand later Icecrown. Fishing is a little annoying but I haven't really put forth any effort. For the primary professions I've only messed with Jewelry crafting but it was really easy to get to 200. I really don't see a problem besides fishing because it is hard to tell where to fish for what skill ranges, and you don't always get a skill point. Plus there are times when you don't always get fish either. But I think that is off-set by the increased drop rates for greens and blues.

Edit: Done some Tailoring on my gnome up to around 300. Took around 500g and about two hours, I can see your point better now :wink: .

More edit: After some early morning tornado watching and working on Alchemy up to 200, I have come to this conclusion: The time saved by the convenient vendors offsets the price.
The true test of his choice lies forward.
— The story of the Silithian.

See life through shades of silver.
Rates of skill training going to be increased or will this idea be put in the paper bin?

I deem your request worthy!
Hooray!
It got accepted!
And now everyone will be finally able to get that carpet faster or that other thing..
Bike..?

I forgot about this request but noticed the rates did jump up. One skill-up is worth 5 points now, thanks!
The true test of his choice lies forward.
— The story of the Silithian.

See life through shades of silver.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Camping Skills Micheru 6 1,294 11-07-2011, 11:36 AM
Last Post: c0rzilla
  Boost Profession Rates? Welden 1 554 10-14-2009, 02:14 PM
Last Post: Grakor456
  Weapon Skills Thoradin 2 932 03-26-2009, 04:46 PM
Last Post: Thoradin
  New SFX skills tab Lil_Ren 2 792 06-08-2008, 04:13 AM
Last Post: Lil_Ren
  Missing Paladin Skills on the Oozeling holypaladin999 2 759 01-25-2008, 01:09 PM
Last Post: Kretol