The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Aula Arcanum Reborn
AULA ARCANUM

Step into a wondrous and epic world of magic!

Spoiler:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2z28mutY1E[/youtube]
(This song just feels so epic and magical that I thought it could fit =P)

So it has become time, to refurbish magical training on Azeroth, and so Aula Arcanum's fifth rebirth is officially here! The new headmaster is Gaveth Derian, with Athalbaug H. Nobelring as second in command.

We also have a new changed class system following the headmaster's change, but rules are still the same!

Class system is as follows:

BASIC MAGIC
(Every student except for possible students in Rune Magic will start here.)

You choose one of the following schools to specialize in:

Evocation: After one class furthermore specialize in Frost or Fire.

Abjuration: Two classes of advancement of this, defense magic.

Transmutation: Two classes of advancement of this, teleportation and transformation (Requires alchemy profession and minor class)

Conjuration: Two classes of advancement of this, specializes in summons such as Rain of Fire, Summon Water Elemental (Possibly) and other elemental magic.

Divination: Two classes of advancement of this, the greatest of diviners are able to see to other realms. They are seers, that can see to a very, very far distance, able to gather information with ease.

Enchantment: Two classes of advancement of this, enchanters are capable of giving ordinary items magical properties or destroy them.

Illusion: Two classes of advancement of this, capable of making mirrored images of themselves, being invisible and otherwise deceiving their enemies.

All classes above will learn the basic combat magic in the basic magic class, and can take following minor classes:

Alchemy

Herbalism

Ley Lines and Arcane History

History

Basic Runes

Astrology

There is also in consideration to take a Runemaster to teach the basics of rune magic. The table of learning would be like this (Requires Runemaster Special Profile):

BASIC RUNES - MAJOR TEACHING

Advanced Runes: Can furthermore specialize in Striking, Protection or Healing, and take two classes of one of them.

NECROMANCY AND WARLOCKERY ARE NOT TAUGHT IN THE ACADEMY FOR OBVIOUS REASONS, ANY SUSPICIOUS ACTION SHOULD BE REPORTED TO EITHER TALIENAR OR ATHALBAUG!

The staff is for now as follows:

ADMINSTRATION

Headmaster: Gaveth Derian

Secondary Master: Athalbaug H. Nobelring

TEACHING STAFF

Basic Magic: Aina Sonistream

Basic Evocation: Reigen Z. Dawnsend

Frost: POST OPEN

Fire: Singerius Narmolanya

Abjuration: POST OPEN

Transmutation: POST OPEN

Conjuration: Gaveth Derian

Divination: Athalbaug H. Nobelring

Enchantment: Soliran

Illusion: Reigen Z. Dawnsend

Alchemy: Gaveth Derian

Herbalism: POST OPEN

Ley Lines: Athalbaug H. Nobelring

Arcane History: POST OPEN

History: Arianna Dawnbreaker

Basic Runes: POST OPEN (Only Runemasters!)

Astrology: POST OPEN

WORKING STAFF

Murcel - Talienar's personal carryman

(Working staff consists of librarians, janitors and other supportive staff members, even chefs are possible to join.)

The location of the school is unsure for now, but we are highly thinking of using either Mage Tower or Frey Island for now.

ENJOY!

Excellent

Oh, and do join the channel AAChat, for our guild has not OOCly in guild members.
Added a new minor class, Astrology, The study of the Great Dark Beyond, The Nether and other planets.
There can only be one Prince of Dar-... I mean, Magical Academy!

Expect interesting things to occur.
Well, this IS -THE- Magical Academy so yeah, interresting it will be :) .
While we don't have our guild post, the Eternal Academy is the magical school for the dark arts. Necromancy, Shadow, and possibly Fel.

Bucking of the heads might occur. Will be fun to plan out.

Climbin' in yo windows,
Snatchin' yo students up.
Tryin' to corrupt 'em all so hide yo gnomes, hide yo humans, because we're corruption e'erybody out ther'.
But there's no evil school in Harry Potter!
Soliran can work as a teacher of Enchantment and Fire. Definitely fire.
After my absence is over, I may be willing to enroll Grok'Thaz, my Orc Elder Shaman, as a teacher. Maybe have him teach a class on Shamanism or something of the sort?
All I'm sayin' is we're gunna be bangin'~
And thanks for introducing me to all this stuff since I wasn't even around for the original.
But I'll -always- be around for this one.
Stop dragging this corpse out, nubs! It's starting to smell.

In all honesty, I look forward to seeing where this goes. I've been with Aula Arcanum from the start (When we were just idiots in Eversong Woods). Some incarnations have been good. Some have been terrible. We'll see how it plays out.
[Image: B2hmvU1.gif]
If whoever is playing Soliran wants to only teach one class my mage Maynard could take enchanting, otherwise he could do arcane history.
Reigen as a teacher.

Ohgosh.

I hope students like being strapped to their seats with chains until knowledge is beaten into them.
(06-23-2011, 10:13 PM)kindle135 Wrote: If whoever is playing Soliran wants to only teach one class my mage Maynard could take enchanting, otherwise he could do arcane history.

I wasn't sure if I only one class could be taken for teaching, or multiple. But if you really want to, he can teach herbalism instead of enchanting.

(06-23-2011, 10:43 PM)Reigen Wrote: I hope students like being strapped to their seats with chains until knowledge is beaten into them.
Reigen, just make sure you don't make their brains lolexplode.
Hello again! I have been absent for the last one and a half weeks, and I am finally back for some action. It seems that the post has gotten quite many replies on the time I was away, so feel free to contact me ingame for joining info.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Aula Arcanum: Interested? Edgar 20 3,864 07-10-2012, 03:46 PM
Last Post: Krilari
  SkyClan reborn! Aadora 19 3,007 01-12-2012, 05:51 PM
Last Post: Aphetoros
  Arcanum's new system. Uthaniel 23 4,313 01-09-2012, 04:04 PM
Last Post: PhilGobatto
  Nitor Alumnus - Aula Arcanum revamped. Uthaniel 11 1,824 09-12-2011, 06:11 AM
Last Post: Uthaniel
  Arcanum recruits! Uthaniel 0 656 01-26-2011, 08:34 PM
Last Post: Uthaniel