The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Nitor Alumnus - Aula Arcanum revamped.
The original creators of Aula Arcanum bring you... We're not really the original creators.

Nitor Alumnus

The same school, twice the fun!

Ah, Aula Arcanum. Likely the most reused and ressurected guild concept in CotH. Yet, it always fails. Why? Too many teachers, too few students.

In Nitor Alumnus, Barlton and I seek to correct this problem by introducing new features to the guild as a whole, as well as diminishing the number of teachers to simply, three.

The founders

Schmon and his son, Ilari, decided helping others to find the path of enlightenment was their duty as soon as they stepped foot in Azeroth. Ilari is an experienced mage with thousands of years of experience, and Schmon, a shaman that has the knowledge of his people and the fresh connection to the spirits, as well as an eagerness to teach and develop himself while he teaches others.

How will it work this time?

I tried in many different ways to create systems to Aula Arcanum. Now, the system will offer a wider spectrum of classes and probabilities. How?
Simple.

Nitor Alumnus will be accepting students from all classes, as long as they are willing to learn one of their three disciplines (Shamanism, Light, and the Arcane). At the end of the training, the character will undergo a class-change to become the new class they've chosen.

It's the existing class change system, except better.

A better chunk of action behind your class exchange. Not simply "poof, now I'm a paladin". No; Instead, you'll have actual development as your character goes through every step of their training to become the other desired class. It's also easier for people that would like a class change, but aren't aligned to a particular faction.

To boot, Schmon and Ilari will gladly clean Warlocks of their fel arts to teach them to embrace the Naaru. Better yet? It's for free! Why, yes, you can have a poor character and join us nonetheless.
Why?
Well, those two giant smurfs are just that generous.

Can normal classes still join arcanum?

Why, yes. Your mage apprentice can still learn Arcane from the greatest masters on azeroth - The draenei. Your squire can still learn the ways of the Light from the mighty vindicators, and your acolytes can learn to listen to the spirits as the Draenei do.

In fact, creating students are encouraged! The events will be planned as to not get in the way of anyone's time, and due to the system, free-roam and self-study, as well as private lessons, are not only possible, but can be easily done and often reward the character.

As for the actual system?

Well, do you remember the old Arcanum system, I created shortly before Uthaniel finally went completely cuckoo and became unable to be the headmaster? Well, same thing, less schools. "Coordinators" would be the three teachers, and the places where "Athal/Althalbaug/Vice principal" is mentioned, swap to "Ilari". Similarly, "Headmaster/Uthaniel" is actually Schmon.

Nitor Alumnus is located in "Mage's Tower" ( RP locations -> Mage Tower) and Schmon will be there frequently. Feel free to seek him.

That's all for now, folks.
Sounds very interesting, Uthaniel!! I might roll up a character to participate with you guys.
Delta Wrote: I couldn't help but watch that with a smile. It's comparable to watching a kitten climb onto the sofa and mew excitably, as if it's just achieved something monumental.

[Image: Sasuke-gifs-uchiha-sasuke-22778910-500-220.gif]

Spoiler:
Lithdra -- Blood Elf -- 85
Aitana -- Forsaken -- 85
Kymu -- Draenei -- 85
Anrielle -- Night Elf -- 85
Kravus -- Blood Elf -- 60
Rinkata -- Troll -- 60
Nicci -- Goblin -- 60
Good, good. Just send me a forum PM with the character name or, better yet, add Schmon to your friendlist and whisper me when I'm online!
We'll get around recruiting everyone as swiftly as possible to start the school.
Awesome! Just post whenever it gets up and running, I'll make up a profile for a person and see about joining. Maybe a Draenei Priestess who does Azerothian History might become interesting.
Delta Wrote: I couldn't help but watch that with a smile. It's comparable to watching a kitten climb onto the sofa and mew excitably, as if it's just achieved something monumental.

Spoiler:
Aitana -- Forsaken -- 85
Kymu -- Draenei -- 85
Rinkata -- Troll -- 60
Nicci -- Goblin -- 60
Well, if you're making a student, the guild is up and running right now. We -need- students, as this is a school, so any one counts. :P
Will all forms of Arcane magic (Fel, Frost, Fire, Arcane, Shadow, Nature) be taught? ... I quite like the idea of a nature mage to be honest.
“Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible.”
― Frank Zappa
All forms of arcane will be taught, with the exception of demonology and necromancy.
So does Nitor Alumnus teach the Light? Or is it specifically Arcane? Either way, Kymu is a Draenei, so she's naturally curious about most everything. :D

Spoiler:
Aitana -- Forsaken -- 85
Kymu -- Draenei -- 85
Rinkata -- Troll -- 60
Nicci -- Goblin -- 60
As I've said above, Nitor Alumnus will teach the Light, the Arcane and Shamanism. The teachers are different.

Also, minor edit to the main post.
This sounds interesting. Guild still up?
I'll roll a arcane student for this, I warn you, he will set the place ablaze in his attempts. Should be fun.
The guild will be made, but sadly I'm a bit too busy with everything post-restart to do. Since I decided to wipe the slate clean, Schmon isn't coming back for a bit. Apologies!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Aula Arcanum: Interested? Edgar 20 3,864 07-10-2012, 03:46 PM
Last Post: Krilari
  Arcanum's new system. Uthaniel 23 4,313 01-09-2012, 04:04 PM
Last Post: PhilGobatto
  Aula Arcanum Reborn Dareksar 18 4,066 07-20-2011, 09:23 AM
Last Post: Dareksar
  Arcanum recruits! Uthaniel 0 656 01-26-2011, 08:34 PM
Last Post: Uthaniel
  Arcanum's New System Edgar 1 675 01-12-2011, 04:40 AM
Last Post: Lynoa06