The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "fragment" - Line: 1494 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_parser.php 1494 errorHandler->error_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 1640 postParser->mycode_parse_video
[PHP] postParser->mycode_parse_video_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 513 preg_replace_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 228 postParser->parse_mycode
/inc/functions_post.php 817 postParser->parse_message
/showthread.php 1118 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key 0 - Line: 1587 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 1587 errorHandler->error_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 1640 postParser->mycode_parse_video
[PHP] postParser->mycode_parse_video_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 513 preg_replace_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 228 postParser->parse_mycode
/inc/functions_post.php 817 postParser->parse_message
/showthread.php 1118 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Quest Giver Positions
Funny, my first blog post won't be about me at all.

So, it's an idea that we've kicked around a few times, particularly given the release, and success, of the Forum Helper position. Much like that position, there was an idea for players to apply and become a rank with additional responsibilities. In this case, however, the responsibilities would be in-game and would focus on RP rather than the work going on behind the scenes.

Quest Givers (a tentative name for the moment) would be players that focus on running events and puppeting NPCs. They'd have a few GM powers in-game available to them, but only very limited ones: NPC manipulation, possibly the ability to temporarily spawn NPCs, that's about it. This, however, would be enough to enrich RP on the server, if players wish to do so.

Much like Forum Helpers, this position would require an application to be filled. We'd have a limited number of them, and we'd be watching to ensure they don't go too crazy with the powers given to them (and avoid, as much as possible, giving them powers that could permanently screw up areas or the server.)

That's the basic idea, anyway. Thoughts?
Have you hugged an orc today?
- I am not tech support. Please do not contact me regarding technical issues. -
Well, I'd definitely apply when I get the time to be in-game all. Might lessen the load that I put on Kril to help with my Spontaneous events.
I think I was the one who talked to you about this. I support you. Too many times have I tried running events only to get screwed because gms were busy or forgot. Either way, I would apply.
[Image: anigif_mobile_9893b2566588ab845c7985f71769a9f2-7.gif]
I support this idea as a player who is the type of person to start RPs rather than wait around for them to happen. However, it's a big responsibility that I don't think everyone can be up to, and it's prone to abuse as spawning and puppeting NPCs goes, especially if it allows the Quest Givers to puppet lore characters. But... this is where trust comes in from the COTH staff. We'll see how it goes :).

ADDED: Would this position allow phasing too?
[Image: 3HQ8ifr.gif]
Shouldn't Content GMs be doing this already? I thought the neon green position was supposed to exist in order to create a somewhat steady stream of events and content for the server, similar to what you suggest here.
(09-04-2011, 10:14 PM)Kaghuros Wrote: Shouldn't Content GMs be doing this already? I thought the neon green position was supposed to exist in order to create a somewhat steady stream of events and content for the server, similar to what you suggest here.

^ This. But I'd apply still.

The Family Tree

TheBook of ThePharaoh

Pharaoh's Colosseum

The Four Suns Inn

"What are we, as role-players, if not authors in real time?" - MrBubbles

"I've always treated Role-play as Collaborative Writing. Co-authoring the stories of your characters, alongside other people." - Flammos200
There is what content GMs should be doing and what they actually do. You should know this, silly!
[Image: anigif_mobile_9893b2566588ab845c7985f71769a9f2-7.gif]
(09-04-2011, 10:38 PM)Cressy Wrote: There is what content GMs should be doing and what they actually do. You should know this, silly!

Haha, I know very well. But that's why I transformed into a blue. If quest giver becomes like forum helper but with ingame powers, we wouldn't need content GMs except to construct custom zones. So basically, we wouldn't need content GMs.
I might apply for that!
---

Sterling Hart - The Great Detective [Blood Elf Detective]
Richter Stahl - Working on a "Cure" [Forsaken Alchemist and Doctor]
Emori Darkrunner - More Beast than Man [Night Elf Druid]
I believe this is a very witty idea. It'd grant more interaction with the server and player-base, which can only end in good terms, not bad. I've myself dreamed of such position, although I doubt I'll go ahead and try to achieve it now. It would be fun, however, to interact with those who usually have no intelligent being behind their back, guiding their every step.

Yes. I would sign up, definitely.
"Good roleplaying is not equivalent to saying that your character is not interested or molded for a certain situation.
Quite the contrary - good roleplaying is making up a reason for your character to do that thing, no matter the obstacles!"
I'd apply for this, always loved those little NPC interactions (Despite they are very rare on CotH). Perhaps not much for event hosting, but random interactions on NPC's that always stand in an area but always get ignored.

I would love this really.

Edit ; .
Quote:. I've myself dreamed of such position

I know that feeling. If I was a content GM, I'd most likely solely focus on this and profiles. Just random interactions to spark up your RP and create more immersion with the world. One day nothing might happen, the next you perhaps got a beggar harassing you for gold. A random person buying you a drink for a laugh.. Who knows what could happen. Small events on their own, but damn fun.

...So what if a forum helper wants that position? >_>
(09-05-2011, 05:03 AM)Uthaniel Wrote: ...So what if a forum helper wants that position? >_>

...Wouldn't a forum helper who did this essentially become a mini Content GM?
I support thee, Grak. I've always been hesitant on the running of events because of the very reason that I have trouble getting people when there is no GM interaction.

~D