The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Guard Policy Elaboration
To note, I've appended to the NPC Abuse (Now NPC & Guard Abuse) and added the "More Guard Info" section.

Essentially, we are not amused when folks do stupid things in towns and then expect to escape without a scratch. To avoid any debate of whether such and such is possible to manage an escape AFTER the aggressive actions have already started, we've had the stance of guards essentially being rather over-powered. If you do something stupid, you'll almost certainly be caught. There are numerous occasions that have occurred over the years that have invoked this, and in most cases it has deterred a certain undesirable playstyle. I will admit that sometimes folks that have a legitimate RP planned out have been affected, though.

If your RP will be involving some sort of aggressive or violent actions in a town, it's important to discuss it with everyone involved in that RP before taking such actions. Also, discuss it with a GM just to verify the results will be appropriate. As I stated on the policy page, there's a much greater chance for leniency if the actions and results are accepted by everyone involved BEFORE the RP goes in that direction.

Now, don't think that just because everyone is fine with it means that guards will suddenly become blithering idiots, tripping over their own feet trying to catch you (or whoever's doing the aggressive/violent actions); nor will it make it possible to perform unrealistic feats to escape without a scratch. That's why a GM should be consulted, to ensure the actions and results are reasonable.

In short:
Discussion with all players involved and a GM prior to actions = Good/Leniency with guards
Barreling in headfirst, attacking people and then trying to make a daring getaway (and expecting to complete that getaway perfectly) = Bad/Likely result is jail, injury, death
I personally endorse this message. Guards are hired and trained to do this and more or less only this, so I think it's okay if they're overpowered when it comes to catching you.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Changes to the Resurrection System & Character Death Policy Loxmardin 5 3,131 11-21-2013, 05:00 AM
Last Post: Bovel
  Character Warning and Player Guard Policy Changes Grakor456 18 5,205 07-21-2011, 04:27 AM
Last Post: BountyHunter
  New Policy- Resurrection Mikain 14 3,728 01-10-2011, 02:00 PM
Last Post: stompkins
  Death Knight Policy Change Grakor456 49 8,638 09-15-2009, 02:33 AM
Last Post: Hawk
  Policy Change on Approvals/Vouches and Levels Grakor456 35 5,260 01-20-2009, 09:21 PM
Last Post: Grakor456