The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

GM-Looking for Storylines/events.
Hey guys,

Most of you know me, if you don't. I go by Cressy, re-appointed GM and overall, durpy-female.

Point of this post is easy. I want to throw out some ideas and get feed-smack on if they storylines sound fun/interesting enough to join in on. Then, after I post mine..I'd like to offer myself up for people. Blur, blur, blur.

Most of these ideas, I have posted before.**

1. The Nightmare-

This storyline would consist of Tauren and Night Elf druids. The Cenarion Circle has had reports of the Nightmare slipping out of the Emerald Dream portals. The Nightmare isn't something to be messed with, so the Circle sends off willing members to investigate it.

Do the druids kill senselessly? Or will the try and purge the nightmare out of the creatures?

What happens in the storyline is based on what the players do, so everything can be changed; there is no set ending.

2. Right of Passage-

This idea deals with Tauren! A group of young Tauren are getting ready for their right of passage. They are asked prior to it, to go and check in on the quillboar in Southern Mulgore.

Again, this storyline is not set in stone and would depend on character action for the results.

3. Collectors VS Black Market-

This would be more of a potential guild war idea. One guild wants to collect and learn from artifacts from around Azeroth/Outlands; the other wants to sell them on the black market.

They would be given a location and time, and it would be a "PvP" of sorts to see who can obtain the items. All through RP of course. No one dies though, just knocked out and hurt. :3

4. God Complex-

I like intrigue. I like thrillers and horror movies. I like suspense and allowing people to determine outcomes of events. (Dur, obviously.) This one deals with someone who is kidnapping people at random. The people are given a week to find clues and information about the people before they are able to locate the body.

Question is...Are they worth saving? Would you rather save a vile man who continues to kidnap/murder/whatever for a large some of money? Or would you rather save a person who is decent member of society for nothing but the satisfaction of saving them? You must choose...

Those are just a few...I come up with ideas a lot. Hurp.

Anyways.

I also would like to offer up my assistance for any smaller, more private storylines to help with. I may not spawn things as great as Rigley or get numbers like Hawk does, but I can be dedicated to the group.

Well, permitted..It is during the time I can help.

Which is... After 8:30 PM Server time till around midnight and a half.

Or.

About two hours during the day, around 12:00 AM server time.

Thoughts? Questions? Anything?
[Image: anigif_mobile_9893b2566588ab845c7985f71769a9f2-7.gif]
(10-23-2011, 09:13 AM)Cressy Wrote: Would you rather save a vile man who continues to kidnap/murder/whatever for a large some of money? Or would you rather save a person who is decent member of society for nothing but the satisfaction of saving them?

ಠ_ಠ Are you Bioware?

Anyway, this one sounds the most interesting. Time for a certain Owl to dust off the old cape.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DAMN THIS COMMENT IS FANCY
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
I vote for the Rite of Passage, myself.

Check out the first post of my Tauren guide for a bit of inspiration :)

http://www.conquestofthehorde.com/Thread...uren-Guide
"Every gun..."

[Image: Jonah-Hex-Counting-Corpses-Flaming-Leap.jpg]

"...Makes its own tune."

~ The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly ~
(10-23-2011, 09:18 AM)Mikain Wrote:
(10-23-2011, 09:13 AM)Cressy Wrote: Would you rather save a vile man who continues to kidnap/murder/whatever for a large some of money? Or would you rather save a person who is decent member of society for nothing but the satisfaction of saving them?

ಠ_ಠ Are you Bioware?

Anyway, this one sounds the most interesting. Time for a certain Owl to dust off the old cape.

I have no idea what Bioware is. :3 /nub.

But actually, I am leaning it more towards a Saw-esque sort of idea. There will be puzzles and riddles and things like that when you locate the body. It isn't as easy as.

"ohhai dur. heres teh body. u cn go now."
Totally not biased here as seen by my avatar, but I do like the idea of the Right of Passage. It's simple, but it also looks pretty promising.

However, that won't be my only pick. The idea "God Complex" is also pretty interesting, nothing like a little detective play to spice things up. :)

EDIT: Bioware is a company that makes games where freedom of choice is one their (if not the most) predominant mottoes.
Oh, well, I feel like a nub.

But back on topic!

I was planning on waiting for Rigley's return for doing the God Complex idea, but I might start it sooner. Hmm.

(10-23-2011, 09:13 AM)Cressy Wrote: 4. God Complex-

I like intrigue. I like thrillers and horror movies. I like suspense and allowing people to determine outcomes of events. (Dur, obviously.) This one deals with someone who is kidnapping people at random. The people are given a week to find clues and information about the people before they are able to locate the body.

Question is...Are they worth saving? Would you rather save a vile man who continues to kidnap/murder/whatever for a large some of money? Or would you rather save a person who is decent member of society for nothing but the satisfaction of saving them? You must choose...

I support this idea! I think it's pretty cool and would love to be a part of it. It's not the usual hack 'n slash, but more of a thinking game, which I like.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Temporary characters for events Dae 8 1,943 09-09-2013, 03:21 PM
Last Post: Kage
  Why can't anyone but the GMs and FHs make big events? Ormica 36 4,490 10-25-2012, 04:32 AM
Last Post: Geoni
  In the light of recent events Loxmardin 63 10,064 04-23-2010, 04:13 AM
Last Post: Azheron
  In lieu of recent events. . . Maulbane 18 3,044 04-01-2010, 04:34 PM
Last Post: Krent
  Recent events. Maulbane 25 3,327 12-05-2009, 09:38 AM
Last Post: Khalista