The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Why can't anyone but the GMs and FHs make big events?
So, this is a theme I've been noticing...all the BIG events are by GMs D: (Not counting Rowgen, he's the exseption)
I'm a bit late as KageAcuma is working on that, but what of the rest of us? Normal grunts I've seen that make events often tend to be disorganized and not longer then a day... I'd make a week long campaign if not for issues RL. So grunts, now is the time. I'd also like to add, peons should be working on stuff like that as well. I'd love to see a peon run a week long event....that'd be frickin awesome.
Just my thought :P GMs are always needed for big events, I'm not saying imagine the hordes of light users, but you guys get it :P
In darkness we are born, in shadows we are raised

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zK4h9xR7Dec
I... don't really get the point of the post. Is it to ask why the GM's manage to run long and successful events, or to encourage players to start their own?
Spoiler:
[Image: 2wd92y0.gif]

Encouraging is the point :P

I believe it's the later.

But, you mentioned me in the initial post, so I have no say for the moment. I am interested to see where this goes.
There's nothing really stopping them.
[Image: 0f084241-4e8f-4ebc-9f46-e942e4c544a8_zps7e42bd8f.jpg]
I know, but I feel as if the grunts and such are scared to do so :P That's the main point here...

I'm basicly challenging them to do so :D

Players are encouraged to make their own events. If you intend something big, however, be sure to ask the GMs for any additional help. This is less to do with us DMing or leading and moreso to help managing the crowd and controlling NPCs as needed, among other things.

I find a lot of joy in helping players host their events, especially in puppeting and spawning. In addition, I was never a FH but I did a lot of events of my own before I became a GM. Sadly, my current time schedule is 3 hours behind the peak hours of the server, so my most active RP hours are the hours most everyone is asleep.
[Image: 3HQ8ifr.gif]
Then you feel wrong.

I've been rocking Outland with crazy huge ghost haunting events for a few months, now. Immy got promoted to GM because she ran big events when she was a grunt. Don't assume so much.
Your stories will always remain...
[Image: nIapRMV.png?1]
... as will your valiant hearts.
Not all of us have the time required to plan out and initiate the events. Also, some people tend to enjoy participating instead of thinking of their own I guess. =/
Spoiler:
[Image: 2wd92y0.gif]

I'm simply challenging, I'm not trying to call anyone out...I've only (In my short time) have seen big events run and made by GMs.

Oh! I figured out what I was gonna say.

Why don't you go out and make a large event <3 I'm sure you can!
I would love to! But RL is in the way, I already said that silly >.<

When I come back, expect a big event...

...Uh, actually, they can. Anyone can make big events.

And you don't need GMs for them, really. All you need is a good idea, and the people to execute it.

Phasing? Just have some level 80s to take care of the mobs.

Mob and doodad-spawning? Make-believe! Use your imagination.
[Image: 2hhkp3k.gif]
Recommended reads: Divine and Arcane. Also, elves.
Wanna refer me in Tribes: Ascend? Clickies!
I've run into this a lot. People have very specific tastes on CoTh when it comes to what they want to do. It's really, really freakin' odd how it works.
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

*Draws his Legendary Cane of the Old-Timer +3*

Back in my daaaaay, players used to run events that had entire battlefields raging around us.

And there wasn't a single npc being put down. We used arr imergenatiiuuuunnnnzzzz.

I don't really know why players lately rely so much on GMs to run events. Heck, I used to run events without GM support sometimes as a player!
Quote:[8:53AM] Cassius: Xigo is the best guy ever. he doesn't afraid of anything.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Temporary characters for events Dae 8 1,943 09-09-2013, 03:21 PM
Last Post: Kage
  Things That Make You Go LOK'TAR Jonoth 10 2,239 07-16-2013, 06:46 PM
Last Post: Valicor
  Whyuno make Dwarf? A2headedcrab 9 2,117 07-12-2013, 10:46 AM
Last Post: Holynexus
  Languages, How to Make Them Work. Harmonic 9 2,880 06-13-2012, 08:14 PM
Last Post: Dae
  GM-Looking for Storylines/events. Cressy 6 1,512 10-24-2011, 11:34 AM
Last Post: Kenshiro