The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Oceanside OOC Meet and Greet
The guild has gotten much bigger than what I could imagine and I know there are some members even outside the roster and within our chat channel. I thought it'd be time to sort of move to a new phase and focus on things that might better the rp experience.

Because of that I'd thought it'd be a good time to get together, talk, and discuss some of the things we might want with the guild. The only difficulty is coming up with a time.

It's gonna be 2 PM server time on Saturday and another 12 PM server time on Sunday for those who can't attend. Non-guildies are welcome.

We'll be meeting in the stone tower of Alcaz Island. If rp happens during the time we'll move elsewhere.

~Current Agenda~

Subforum: do we want to apply for it?
Storylines: should the guild start focusing on a story line? Or should we try and focus on some personal story lines for the members, whether they be a slaver or slave?
Events: Should we have some? I was thinking we could have some hi-jinx especially with the thugs, but we don't have a lot of thugs in the guild. I am not very good with running events or NPCs so this may have to be a collaborative effort.
The future: what are we going to be looking ahead to in the guild? I am hoping it may eventually gain a sort of self-sufficiency since I tend to take 6-week leaves to see Rigley. This will be discussed too.
We have concluded Saturday's Meet and Greet and will be running one tomorrow as well. We have logged from the meet and greet various questions and answers and a discussion of each agenda. All of this will be placed below in this post. The agendas will also be used as talking points tomorrow for the next OOC meet and greet on Sunday!

Q&A
Spoiler:
Guild alliances
17:35:17 [Shakti]: There is a bunch of things happening on CoTH lately. A bunch of guilds aswell.. Is there any ''alliance'' planned? Any guild we would merge or ally with in order to do events and what not. Are there events planned aswell?
17:35:26 [Shakti]: My pardon, there were two questions, not one.
17:36:26 [Tazzek]: As it is we are not planning for any alliances. I'm going to generalize and say that usually alliances are more for guild versus guild rp. In the past there has been a lot of hate towards slavers and people trying to put them down, so we are doing our
17:36:38 [Tazzek]: best to shut out PVPRP if it's not neccessary. In short we don't want guild battles.

How do we deal with slaves?
17:37:47 [Cazzak]: How do we deal with the slaves, after we capture them? Just take them to the island to roam around?
17:37:58 [Cazzak]: Also, how exactly do the collars work?
17:38:54 [Tazzek]: It can be done one of two ways. Usually if they are collared they are free to roam the island with the OOC implication that they are stranded. Those not collared are put in the cell underground. We try to avoid this usually so no one is stuck without rp.
17:39:26 [Tazzek]: Secondly the collars are anti-magic. They are runic powered so a death knight can, on command, force the collar to strangulate the user. Other than that the collars act as an indicator of ownership by the guild.
17:39:55 [Cazzak]: So what exactly is stopping them from running away from the island? The orcs?
17:40:25 [Cazzak]: Well, if there isn't a Death Knight around to use the collar to strangulate them, there isn't much use in that.
17:40:37 [Tazzek]: A combination of sharks in the water and NPC guards and thugs that work for the guild. It's assumed that there are workers stopping slaves that are part of the guild.
17:41:00 [Cazzak]: Gotcha.
17:41:05 [Tazzek]: The collar as mentioned is anti-magic and an indication of slavery itself. We can add shock collars in the future.
17:41:12 [Tazzek]: Workers as in thugs, bandits and guards.
17:41:21 [Cazzak]: Explosive collars would be cool, too.
17:41:22 [Kis]: Stopping... them from running?
17:41:38 [Tazzek]: From getting off the island. You can only run so far in the water.

How are transactions handled?
17:43:44 [Awit]: For all transactions in which slaves are bought and sold, they would have to be strictly IC, correct?
17:44:03 [Tazzek]: Correct. We only accept [Gold Coin].
17:44:11 Awit nods.
17:44:20 [Awit]: Looks like Awit is gonna be a slave for a long time then XD
17:44:31 [Tazzek]: There has been a tendency for "good guys" to outbuy everyone else by making up figures.

Are we going to go into other businesses?
17:47:34 [Cara]: Are y'all going into other businesses other than slaving?
17:47:44 [Cara]: Drugs, arms running, poaching?
17:48:10 [Zarzul]: Poaching seems cool. Though are there any really endangered specieses in WoW?
17:48:22 [Tazzek]: I'm hoping to start up highway robbery if we get enough thugs for it and some event ideas. We do have a drug operation that the slaves would likely be working at but they don't have to rp it out since it'd be kinda.. boring and stuff.

Do we have any alliances?
17:49:52 [Awit]: I think the named rare beasts can be considered endangered. ANYWAY.... does Oceanside Drade Co. have any guild affiliations?
17:49:55 [Awit]: Trade*
17:50:56 [Tazzek]: Like alliances we don't have any affiliations. We've mostly been insular. People have made proposals for partnerships but so far I've been turning them down since I've been busy and I kinda want to get things going in a certain direction.

The collars! How do they work?
17:53:20 [Malachai]: The collars! How do they work?
17:53:31 Cazzak lets out a hacking cough.
17:53:47 [Tazzek]: If you look up Tazzek's profile under abilities they are mentioned. DKs can activate them. Any outsider DK messing with them though will probably get smacked.
17:53:54 [Malachai]: I see.
17:54:00 [Cazzak]: Smacked?
17:54:14 [Astus]: So what do they do?
17:54:17 [Malachai]: So, they have to be activated on will?
17:54:19 [Astus]: Essentially death knight slavers?
17:54:21 [Tazzek]: Yes.
17:54:24 [Malachai]: Okay.
17:54:35 [Tazzek]: Non-DKs will just have to use their own devices.
17:54:56 [Cazzak]: Can non-slaver DKs alter them?
17:55:04 [Tazzek]: No.
17:55:10 [Cazzak]: What's stopping them?
17:55:26 [Tazzek]: Runes and stuff. I dunno.
17:55:49 [Tazzek]: They can only be removed by DKs as well. Any outsider DKs trying to remove them will also get smacked.
17:56:05 [Cazzak]: Yeah, I was wondering what you meant by 'smacked' and how it would tell the difference.
17:56:22 [Tazzek]: How will we tell if the DK is an outsider? Well, part of it is the smallness of the organization. Another part is OOC, mostly though just asking people not to mess with our slave rp.
17:56:42 [Cazzak]: No I mean, how will the collar tell?
17:57:22 [Dusk]: I'd like to point out that in reality this is likely more of a convenience thing, somuch as to say that we simply request others do not try to bring down the guild.
17:57:24 [Rein]: the runes on the collars were made by Tazzek
17:57:30 [Tazzek]: There's a principle I'm using called KISS or keep it simple, stupid. I don't think we need to make them already more complex than what they are.

How does the Ebon see the guild, and other guild versus guild stuff.
17:56:09 [Gavin]: Still...Gotta question about that...whilst this guild isn't intended for guild v guild rp...I still wonder a little if slaving would count as a so called 'renegade' action or now...
17:58:39 [Tazzek]: Anyways, to address Gavin's issue.
17:58:49 [Cazzak]: Alright, I guess we're doing what Astus/Rein suggested.
17:59:17 [Tazzek]: I am not sure how the Ebon treats "renegades" or slaving. I think the renegade death knight hunting was considered a bit of fanon and the initiative can only be carried out by players and is not Ebon endorsed.
18:01:33 [Tazzek]: I think in short I will say that we aren't doing anything that will warrant the attention of the ebon hold.
18:01:58 Gavin quietly snickers to himself.
18:01:59 [Tazzek]: For the region of the world we are in, our acts are considered "normal"
(we go on to discuss more about the topic of IC opposition)
18:04:58 [Tazzek]: I don't want to overplan for something that may not occur, especially if we are directly avoiding PVPRP
18:05:06 [Rein]: best use KISS until outsiders start throwing rocks at hornets' nests
18:05:23 [Tazzek]: The thing is we're being adamant about no guild versus guild fights and such...
18:05:34 [Cazzak]: Well slaving is a pretty risky thing.
18:05:40 [Tazzek]: I'm sorry if I seem to be trivializing the concern.
18:06:08 [Tazzek]: If it makes you feel better though I am aware of what slaving does OOCly. I am aware that sometimes players try to log in when you're on just so they can kill you.
18:06:26 [Tazzek]: I am aware that one guild may try to defeat the other and try to use their might IC without planning or even deliberating OOCly.
18:06:35 [Cazzak]: Well I mean, slaving would definitely attract some 'good guy' troubles.
18:06:40 [Tazzek]: And because of that I am NOT going to let any of that happen without talking things out first.
18:06:43 [Cazzak]: AKA, guild against guild.
18:06:54 [Tazzek]: So good guys are going to have to either talk to us or not do anything with us at all.
18:07:39 [Hazim]: I generally see this slaving organization as a platform to spread RP, connecting different players together through the purchaser-slave relationship of sorts, and expanding the possibilities for RP thereof.
18:07:46 [Tazzek]: But I am aware of the issue of people trying to change the guild OOCly or force their will of good versus evil rp.
18:08:14 [Tazzek]: I don't like it and I won't be allowing much of it if they are not going to discuss what their intents or plans are OOC and what they want to do -with- us other than hunting us down.

How do we go about getting slaves?
8:10:01 [Cazzak]: How exactly do you go about getting slaves? Is it pretty much just volunteers?
18:10:08 [Dusk]: Yep!
18:10:13 [Cazzak]: Alright, makes sense.
18:10:21 [Tazzek]: Yes, we ask in the LFG and we arrange a capturing rp in non-instanced ZH
18:10:25 [Tazzek]: ZG*
18:10:26 [Dusk]: It's OOC consent the whole way. It avoids drama that way, and you can be sure its the RP they want.

Agenda one- Subforum
Spoiler:
18:23:15 [Tazzek]: I saw in a forum post that we can now apply for subforums. The new rules are a little more stringent than before. Does anyone think we should apply for them, and does anyone have some ideas of what we should put up in the subforums?
18:23:22 [Tazzek]: Raise your hand to speak.
18:23:35 Rein raises hand
18:23:38 Cara hands.
18:23:45 Gavin raises his hand in the air.
18:23:52 Shakti is bad with forums, that for he will skip.
18:24:01 [Tazzek]: Rein's up.
18:24:23 [Rein]: There should be an IC RP forum for slaves so they can chatter and stuff while doing boring manual labor.
18:24:32 Awit will stay neutral here.
18:24:33 [Rein]: I think it would offer a great dynamic for character development
18:24:51 [Rein]: if we do get the subforums
18:25:00 [Tazzek]: Alright. Say next when you're done.
18:25:13 [Awit]: Autowalk, sorry.
18:25:15 [Rein]: in short, I think we should get a subforum. next
18:25:20 Awit puts his arm around Cara's shoulder.
18:25:27 [Gavin]: Well...My opinon actually got changed by the idea that was proposed...so, Yeah...I';m up for a subforum now.
18:25:38 [Hazim]: Is there any thing for usual customers/purchasers/investers to be involved in?
18:25:38 [Cara]: My turn, Gavin! /doom
18:25:45 Cara puts her arm around Awit's shoulder.
18:27:08 [Cara]: For the way that this guild is currently established, a subforum is unnecessary and a thread post (or two) will suffice. Many of the guild members are transient slaves and until the guild's purpose expands or its staff expands, it should remain unSF.
18:27:12 [Cara]: Thank you and next.
18:27:26 [Tazzek]: Gavin's turn.
18:27:34 [Gavin]: Well...My opinon actually got changed by the idea that was proposed...so, Yeah...I';m up for a subforum now.
18:28:04 [Gavin]: next.
18:28:11 [Tazzek]: Dusk is next.
18:28:22 [Tazzek]: Anyone going after Dusk, raise your hand.
18:28:41 Hazim raises his hand.
18:28:55 [Dusk]: I'm pretty fine with the idea of the subforum. I think it might be a good idea, pretty much because it seems there are a good few people who aren't on at the peak hours with the rest, or sommat.
18:29:10 [Dusk]: Hopefully if there is forum RP there, they can jump in in some capacity.
18:29:12 [Dusk]: And next.
18:29:25 [Tazzek]: Hazim.
18:29:40 [Awit]: I'd like forum RP. It's frustrating that I can't get RP on hours players within the US are awake.
18:29:52 [Awit]: Not saying I'm not enjoying European RP. I love it.
18:29:54 Cara soothes Awit. There, there...things will be ok.
18:30:52 [Hazim]: Is there any thing for usual customers/purchasers/investers to be involved in?
18:31:49 [Tazzek]: For the subforum? I could think of a few. I think some people who are creative could create fliers and advertisements for their char if they want specific buyers. I think it could have a versatile use for both the slavers and slaves.

Agenda 2: story lines and events
Spoiler:
18:34:30 [Tazzek]: The next one is storylines and events, what we should aim for, if anything, and what people might want to see. We can try and personalize the storylines too so it can be about one or two people's plight so to say.
18:34:37 [Tazzek]: ANyways, raise hands.
18:35:16 Hazim raises his hand.
18:35:41 [Tazzek]: Hazim can speak.
18:35:54 [Hazim]: This sort of slave camp/prison tend to call for the quintessential jail break, be it a failure or a success, type of storyline/event.
18:36:41 Cazzak raises his hand.
18:37:15 [Tazzek]: Cazzak's turn to speak. And noted.
18:38:02 [Cazzak]: Well, I think some sort of labor camp advancement would be cool. Maybe lead it into a drug sale, have the slaves that are useless to sell work and make drugs/harvest them, turn them into a profit.
18:38:39 [Cazzak]: Not only drugs, but we could think and talk about some different kind of thing to profit from. Mining, engineering.
18:39:11 [Tazzek]: Alright. This could be done with our keeper slaves at their consent and discussion, of course.
18:39:19 [Cazzak]: Maybe set something up with pirates or a different business to push the drugs, or cut out the middle man and do it ourselves.
18:39:23 [Cazzak]: Aaand that's all.
18:39:32 [Tazzek]: Anyone else wish to speak?
18:39:49 [Shakti]: Me!
18:39:54 [Tazzek]: Alright.
18:40:11 [Shakti]: We are still on the storyline agenda, yes?
18:40:16 [Tazzek]: Yes.
18:41:04 [Shakti]: Ah, wonderful. All I want to say is that I'd love if we keep to a smaller place, such as this isle, I for one dislike bigger extended guilds, having ''outposts'' everywhere.
18:41:13 [Shakti]: In my opinion it just kills the RP. That's all.
18:41:22 [Tazzek]: That's the plan, we don't want to stretch ourselves thin.
18:41:44 [Tazzek]: Anyone else wish to speak?
18:41:52 Awit raises his hand.
18:41:52 Awit raises his hand.
18:41:59 [Tazzek]: You have the floor, Immy.
18:42:12 [Awit]: Nuadon (c0rzilla) wishes to make a rescue mission for Awit.
18:43:06 [Tazzek]: I see that as reasonable if we talk about it OOC. We can even predetermine if the mission is successful or not. Either way it's reasonable if we both get together and plan it out.
18:43:27 [Tazzek]: I am not against rescues of specific slaves if all parties discuss. I don't think it'll be a frequent thing either way.
18:43:52 [Awit]: Probably not.
18:43:57 [Tazzek]: Is there anything else you have to say?
18:46:21 [Awit]: No, that's it.
18:46:26 [Awit]: Just an idea to start.

Agenda 3 – Sustainability
Spoiler:
18:47:51 [Tazzek]: I don't know if much can be said about this agenda, but it has to do with sustainability.
18:48:19 [Tazzek]: I may get busy and sometimes I may not be able to get on much. I know we're kinda brand new and it's really hard to see what's going to be the guild's future.
18:48:56 [Tazzek]: But I know twice a year I leave coth for 6 weeks to see Rigley and I am wondering if the guild will sink or swim without me. I'm not asking for anyone else to run it or for anyone else to take responsibility but to discuss this point; there may be times
18:49:33 [Tazzek]: when I am gone, especially for a long time. And when that happens the guild may die. I don't know if anyone has thoughts or things to say, but I think it is an -important- thing to be brought to the table.
18:49:41 [Tazzek]: Anyone who wants to say something, raise their hands now.
18:49:54 Shakti rises his face.
18:50:08 Rein slowly raises hand
18:50:16 [Tazzek]: As a note my next 6-week leave is scheduled for July.
18:50:25 [Shakti]: What I am going to say..
18:50:29 [Tazzek]: Shakti has the floor.
18:51:34 [Shakti]: I believe we would need a co-leader (Yes Rein, I know you are that, don't kill me) which would take initiative when ever you are gone, probably lead it instead of you for the time. I know that I will probably be active no matter if you leave or if you-
18:52:28 [Shakti]: -are here, never had a problem due to the ''lack of RP'' while you weren't here, the current members are rather active and don't seem to be dependent of you, that for I doubt we need to worry too much.. hmm?
18:53:10 Shakti aplogises for grammar mistakes, lack of sense, stupidity and what not. It's 2:00 AM.
18:53:14 [Tazzek]: I'm not too worried but I did want to think a little further ahead. I am glad for the service you've done to this guild and the craziness you bring here. You're a riot, Shakti.
18:53:42 [Tazzek]: And if it's late you can go to bed; this is almost done. Are you ready to pass the floor over to someone else?
18:54:17 [Shakti]: Of course. And no, I won't go to bed, I will stay till this ends.
18:54:32 [Tazzek]: Alright. Rein's next. Anyone going after will have to raise their hand.
18:54:49 [Rein]: Don't worry, Shakti. I only enter alpha-female mode if I'm challenged in BotSf. I earned the position fo co-leader there. As for here, I'm just kind an OOC co-leader since I was asked oh-so-kindly/volunteered for it. I know the process for wrangling-
18:55:13 [Rein]: our slaves ICly and OOCly, but if needed we could pass IC leader ship to someone more ICly fitting
18:55:22 [Rein]: like, one of Tazzek's various kin-folk
18:55:30 [Rein]: done.
18:55:36 [Tazzek]: Every troll here now is part of the family as a note.
18:56:26 [Tazzek]: Is there anything else you wish to say?
18:57:32 [Tazzek]: Oh well. Anyways, unless someone else has to speak we'll be ending agenda 3 and concluding the meet and greet.
Meeting 2 was not as long but it was still pleasant to meet some new folks and say a few things. I logged everything of note here.

Q&A
Spoiler:
15:20:14 [Kurrash]: As I was first yesterday, I figured I should be today, too. Now, for collars. Yesterday you said only Death Knights can remove them. What about owners? Can they remove the collar, should they wish to?
15:21:08 [Tazzek]: Only if they are a death knight. We usually take the collars off before selling and the collars are only included with an added price. The idea is that the collars are expensive to make so we reuse them across a number of slaves.
15:21:19 [Tazzek]: You know, being environmentally conscious and stuff.
15:21:20 You nod at Kurrash.

15:21:59 [Kurrash]: Yeah, sorry about that, but another question relating to the first: Would a Fel-Sworn be strong enough to forcefully remove the collar?
15:22:27 Kurrash is referring to Garm, obviously.
15:22:49 [Tazzek]: I say it could be possible depending on what you have in mind. They aren't invincible so I think in theory one could break the collar with force. This should obviously be done with care though lest you break your slave's neck. I also believe the collars
15:22:53 [Tazzek]: could be disenchanted.

15:23:21 [Kurrash]: Gewdie. Alternatively I could bring the slave back for removal?
15:23:36 [Tazzek]: Yep!
15:23:41 [Kurrash]: Okay.
15:23:49 [Tazzek]: I thought I removed the collar but I could have forgotten.

15:25:03 [Elara]: I was wondering if there were any storyline plans for Oceanside? I encourage you not to reveal your plans in full, of course, but just something to progress towards, perhaps?
15:25:20 [Elara]: You have a large number of active members. It could be something to consider, if not!
15:25:33 Kurrash raises his hand in the air.
15:26:19 [Tazzek]: It's one of the guild agendas to discuss story lines and events, actually.
15:26:41 [Tazzek]: As it is I am not very good with figuring out and running story lines and I am free for ideas and suggestions. I would definitely like some help with it.
15:26:55 [Elara]: Ah! Good stuff. I know you've got Rigley, but I'd be willing to lend any help I can.
15:26:57 [Tazzek]: And we can have some even focusing on the plights of a few personal members. Anything that comes to mind, tell me.
15:27:02 You nod at Elara.
15:27:27 [Tazzek]: Kurrash can speak.
15:28:49 [Kurrash]: To answer about storyline, Kurrash becoming a gladiator is something of a storyline. That's about it. I also plan on Garm making occasional appearances.

Agenda 1: subforum

Spoiler:
15:31:40 [Tazzek]: Agenda 1 is about applying for a guild subforum. Subforums aren't for everyone but does anyone think we should get one, and what do you think we could do with it?
15:31:52 [Tazzek]: Remember to raise your hand.
15:32:07 Leron raises hand.
15:32:13 [Tazzek]: Leron can speak.
15:32:30 [Leron]: If we do get it, I stick by the idea of using it for certain forms of forum RP for behind the scenes operations.
15:33:14 [Leron]: Like slaves chatting while doing labor, slavers talking at the bar... Something to help out our guild membrs that aren't online frequently so they cna contribute and develop their characters
15:33:28 [Leron]: done.
15:33:42 [Tazzek]: Maybe even like.. writing secret notes to one another. Anyways, anyone else wish to say something?
15:34:43 [Tazzek]: Well, I guess not. That let's us move onto our next agenda.

Agenda 2: Story Lines and Events

No feedback was given during this meet and greet.

Agenda 3: Sustainability

Spoiler:
15:37:56 [Tazzek]: The last agenda is about sustainability and thinking about the guild in the long term. I know it's a little hard to discuss what might happen in the future but I know I'll be gone at least for 6 weeks in July.
15:38:23 [Tazzek]: I don't know if the guild may die and if we might have to start from scratch after. It could happen, maybe it won't, but I don't know if anyone has some thoughts or feelings on the matter.
15:38:34 [Tazzek]: Raise your hand if you want to speak.
15:39:12 Leron raises hand
15:39:20 [Tazzek]: You can speak, Leron.
15:39:34 [Leron]: I keep my offer out there to be the OOC leader while Wuvvs is gone.
15:39:46 [Tazzek]: I appreciate it.
15:39:58 [Leron]: But if we wanna keep the guild alive, we'd need a better IC leader than Rein
15:40:06 [Leron]: He's too full of himself to do squat.
15:40:07 [Leron]: done.
15:40:08 [Tazzek]: I may also let some others apply but I think the process of chosing other leaders will mostly stay informal and be chosen among close friends.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Meet and Greet! Reigen 79 17,621 12-30-2014, 04:09 PM
Last Post: Sorum
  Meet 'n Greet: Re-re-remix Cressy 32 4,199 11-07-2012, 05:35 PM
Last Post: Psychyn
  Meet 'n Greet: Six or...seven...Ten? Cressy 23 3,566 06-01-2012, 10:38 PM
Last Post: Cressy
  Meet 'n Greet 8.6.3c Cressy 14 2,155 07-11-2011, 12:19 PM
Last Post: Cressy
  OOC Meet 'n Greet! Cressy 12 2,024 02-20-2011, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Nostra