The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Cressy's Corner: ihaefnotitle
Hey everyone,

Welcome to today's Cressy's Corner. I'll be bringing up a few topics that have arose to my attention lately.

First is GM-punishment. I know what you are thinking, "What the crap is GM-punishment?" Welp, that is when we are doing something naughty, get reported about it and get in trouble, just like the rest of the player-base does. Typically, a staff member doesn't do anything that say, warrants a ban or a suspension, but we have had cases over the years of this happening. I know of three off of the top of my head, as well as several demotions due to bad behavior.

Now, you ask why this is being brought up. I've heard a few things about how people do not want to talk to Kretol or Grakor about issues with GMs being disrespectful or breaking rules. In order for us to be punished or to hell, fix the issue, we need for people to report them. This means either finding Kretol or Grakor in game, on teamspeak, the forums or skype and tell them what is going on; screenshots if it involves ingame activity is always a good way to show them what is going on! While you might be able to see the next few steps (which you typically don't see with players either), we are talked to and are told to fix our issues, if we don't...Bam. We can be demoted or whatever else.

The next issue is that players think staff gets to skate away without doing anything. Oh boy, this isn't even close to being true, and as of the beginning of the year, the admins have given us monthly reviews to fill out.

Spoiler:
GM Monthly Review

Please provide a summary for each type of activity.
* Required

Period * Which month and year is this for? [ie, January, 2012]

Event Activity * What events have you run this month, if any? How much time do you estimate you have put into running events?

Disciplinary Activity * How much work have you put into the disciplinary side of the server this month?

Forum Activity * How much forum work have you done this month? How much time do you estimate you have put into checking profiles and introductions?

Other Activity Have you done anything else this month that you wish for us to take into consideration?

Current Activity Level * How would you rate your current overall activity level?

Super-Active
Active
Semi-Active
Mostly-Inactive
Inactive

Do you have any comments on your performance this month? Do you have any other comments that you'd like to voice in general?

If we are unsatisfactory, then we can and will be removed, being demoted back down to a grunt position. Yes, some of us or busy then others; heck, some are better builders, while others are better planners and some are better puppeteers! But at the end of the day, we are all being held accountable for our positions.

...I think I had other things to talk about, but I forgot. Dang it.

Anyways, point of this thread!

tldr; GMs are being reviewed and are held accountable for being dee bags. If you have an issue with one, talk to Kretol or Grakor, they are rad!

Oh, another note. Planning a Meet 'n Greet, look to the events forums within the next few days for more information!

Cressy
[Image: anigif_mobile_9893b2566588ab845c7985f71769a9f2-7.gif]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cressy Blog: Positive RP Experiences Cressy 21 4,037 09-20-2012, 07:16 AM
Last Post: Caravan
  The Pharaoh's Corner. ThePharaoh 67 9,825 09-17-2012, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Ormica
  Cressy likes feedback. Cressy 23 3,772 06-19-2012, 12:16 PM
Last Post: Harmonic
  Cressy Ponders. Cressy 14 2,410 05-04-2012, 03:50 AM
Last Post: Jonoth