The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Soran/Roz's introduction application to CoTH!
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:

Greetings Conquest of the Horde! I am Soran or better known as Roz on other servers though to others it may be vice versa. I have been up and about around WoW RP private servers for three years almost nearing four. To describe my own personality, you can say that I am mostly laid back and calm. As roleplay is a hobby for me, this is something I get invested in but not too emotional because of my personal rule of IC=/=OOC. I like to create new experiences in roleplay because I believe RP should be an adventurous fun thing to do and not something you should be stressed about.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:

I was born in the United States, being a second generation member of my Vietnamese family. My primary language is English though I can speak Spanish and Vietnamese.

How did you get into Warcraft?:

I got into Warcraft around the time when the game first officially came out. Being a fan of WC3, WoW would bring me many enjoyable experiences. I moved onto private servers when WOTLK started and I have gone back to retail every now and then.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:

A friend of mine named Liam told me about the server and I became interested. The one thing that draws me to the server is that the RP here seems to be entirely focused on creating new adventuring experiences. Your goals here are very similar to the ones that I have been apart of in the past such as Milly and Imperium.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:

I enjoy draenei RP, orc RP, half draenei/orc RP, Horde RP, shaman/Earthen ring RP, and dwarf RP.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:

My favorite race and class is an orc shaman. The orcish race has always stuck out to me as not being your typical fantasy race. They aren't the glorious crusaders of good, but nor are they mindless idiots that serve evil. The orcs as a race have gone through many trials and preserved through them. They are noble savages who always try to prove themselves to the world and to me, that's my favorite part of the race and I can personally sympathize with it(Not saying that I have killed someone, but I know what it is like to be misunderstood.)

Shamans are my favorite class because they have a unique role in WoW. Acting as mediators between their people and the elements, they are the bridge that connects both worlds together. They wish to bring harmony and balance to both worlds. Although generally peaceful depending on the shaman, they can call upon the elements to aid them in battle. The whole give and take back relationship in shamanism is really interesting.

What are your expectations of this server?:

My exceptions of this server is nothing short of roleplay. You guys seem to want every RP experience to be different in the best way possible. I can sympathize with that.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
The respect rule appears to me the most because of the lack of it I have seen throughout my experiences in WoW RP private server communities.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!: This story is from one of the servers I have played on(And still apart of loosely.)

[Image: frostwolflag.jpg]

He felt the gaze of the tauren upon him as the tears of the Earthmother were being shed on the flatlands of Mulgore. Soran Axesinger, Warlord and Diplomat of the Frostwolf Clan, never had felt so unsettled by the presence of the tauren like he was right now. Though the Frostwolf was invited to this funeral, he couldn't but help feel that the tauren only saw him as a messenger of war in this bitter hour of death. A war that would no doubt warrant the deaths of many more members of the Shu'halo and the other races of the Horde. But the passing of a tauren this day was not the result of war, but old age. This was probably the only thing that the orc was somewhat glad for.

All around the Frostwolf were taurens who were friends or family of the one that passed this day; Tapanu Skychaser, mother of Krom Skychaser who was the brother of the orc in spirit. As these friends and family bowed their heads in respectful silence and mourned, Soran did the same though he did not mourn like the others around him who knew Tapanu better than he. The orc quietly recalled meeting Krom's mother several times during his visits to Mul'gore. Patient and wise was she, Soran figured that Krom inherited this trait from his mother. The old crone also reminded him of another tauren, Tatuana Wildtotem who was the mother the orc never had as his birth mother died from a sickness on Draenor shortly before the Orcish Horde entered into Azeroth for the first time.

Several minutes passed as a female tauren named Newa was the first to exit out of the tent where Tapanu rested in peace. Soran crossed his arms together, tilting his head upwards to see the son of the female tauren Hrau, that exited the tent run towards his mother to embrace her. A smile marred his lips, watching the mate and child of his brother in spirit Krom comforting one another. Moments later, Krom was seen to have exited the tent at last on this bitter wet day. The entire crowd including Soran turned to face the tauren as they had expected for the tauren to say some words of Tapanu, who now joined the ancestors.

To their surprise, Krom walked away from the tent not even looking at his son or mate as the rains poured down onto the tauren's back. Though Soran could only see Krom's back, he could only imagine the pain on his brother's heart at this moment with losing his mother. The orc put a hand over his heart as the other was in his robes, gripping an envelope that had the seal of the Horde on it. Tears suddenly flowed from Soran's face as the orc remembered the day when he had lost Tatuana Wildtotem, a closet being the Frostwolf ever had to a mother.

"Why must all good things come to an end?"

The orc muttered bitterly to himself.

A week after the funeral of Tapanu Skychaser, the orc sat silently in a tent by Camp Taurajo while staring at the letter he was meant to give to his dear Shu'halo brother. What seemed like an eternity of a wait ended with a grunt from Krom who stood at the entrance of the tent waiting. Soran smiled lightly at his brother to assure him all will be well in this meeting though he knew deep down that he was lying to himself. As the orc motioned for the tauren to sit, they exchanged nods before what was likely going to be a very long talk.

"They call it a request, but do I have a choice in the matter?"

Soran looked back to his friend as a heavy sigh came from the orc.

"No."

Krom snorted at Soran's response to his question though he knew very well what the letter was meant for.

"Krom, you were the last person I was supposed to give this letter to. The others, I've given this message to already. Dal, Grantos, Vit, Khem, Jojoba, and Mordrek have all received this letter on the days I was assigned to give them. Unfortunately, the day I was supposed to give you this letter was the day you invited me to attend your mother's funeral so I delayed the deadline to give this til today."

The tauren and the orc stared at one another hard after these words were exchanged as silence dominated inside the tent. Krom shook his head which caused Soran to raise his eyebrow at him.

"Soran, we are both veterans of war and battle brothers you know this. Together we had fought against the evils that threatened the peoples of the Horde on both continents. We fought for your people, my people, the Darkspear, the Forsaken, and the Sin'dorei. When the call of the Horde was sounded to Draenor, we both answered the call and had witnessed so many things while fighting there with our blood and sweat. But during these times have we ever had the time to be grateful of the simple things like family or friends save several events such as Dran'unafe that was organized by Grashak."

The orc laughed lightly at the mention of enjoying the simple things in life and the social events they had.

"Ah yes Krom, I remember those times where we on the table to talk of glorious battles and joke amongst friends. Those were the happier times."

Krom frowned at Soran who seemed to be day dreaming at this point. A loud 'Ahem' was heard from the Shu'halo which had gotten back the orc's attention.

"It is best not to dwell on those memories of the past Soran. But my main point is that we hardly have time to enjoy family and friends when we are always being called to fight. I have been thinking heavily on the letter you had just given me now and I am beginning to ponder if we ever will have the proper time to enjoy ourselves and love those around us. I rarely get to see Hrau and I do not wish for the boy to have a father constantly leaving for war, wondering if he will ever see me again. Soran, I am just tired of all of this."

Krom's gaze changed from the orc to the letter on the table sighing. On one hand, one would see the tauren doubting to his duty to the Horde which Soran thought he would never leave to see. On the other hand, who could blame him? What if Krom journeyed with the Warsong Offensive to Northrend only to never return? How would Hrau feel about losing his father in a war plagued by endless death? There were so many other questions that could have been asked in the orc's mind but he decided the questioning was to end there.

"Krom Skychaser of the Shu'halo, as you said for the past several years we had fought for the Horde and its peoples. We had fought against those that tried to destroy our way of life. Quilboar, Centaur, Kul'tiras, the Burning Legion, Illidari and so many others. Each had tried to break us and none have succeed. None shall -ever- succeed in breaking us so as long as we are there to oppose them. The foe we face now is one that uses death to try to undo the teachings that we learned from our forefathers. The Scourge seek to wipe everything from the face of this world and will stop at nothing to do so. If we wish to protect the ones we love dearly, we must make the sacrifice to leave them to defend their futures. We may fall, but they will rise and remember what we did for them. Our sacrifices...will not go in vain Brother."

After finishing this statement, the Frostwolf crossed his arms together as he awaited the answer of the Skychaser. Another silence overcame the tent as they were both in heavy thought. A sudden chuckle came from Krom as his full gaze was on the orc now.

"Your father has always been wise despite his senility. I suppose you are right, at least this time you are."

Soran couldn't help but to laugh at this moment as he was more glad he could converse with his dear friend. For a few seconds, Soran wished deeply that they could always have moments like these though they are probably called moments because you never expect them. Krom can be seen smiling lightly after the orc had calmed himself down.

"When do we leave for Northrend 'Warlord'?"

"In a month 'Champion'. We have to that much time to spend with our loved ones."

The tauren nodded at the orc, rising from where he had sat in the tent. The orc rose after the tauren, nodding at him in return. As Krom was about to leave the tent, Soran approached the tauren and offered him his hand. Knowing the orc too well, Krom grasped the orc's hand pulling him in towards himself to give the orc a hug.

"Before we leave to Northrend Soran, I need you to make a small promise."

"Say it and it will be done Krom."

"Please don't leave your duties as a Warlord to go prancing around with the blood elves."

A burst of laughter came from the two brothers in spirit as the scorching winds of the Barrens passed the tent.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:

What is your policy on halfbreed characters such as half orc/half draenei ones? I would like to bring back an old character to CoTH should my application be accepted. Thank you for giving your time to read this.
Howdy, Soran (or Roz!), I'm Caravan and I'd like to welcome you to Conquest of the Horde! Thank you for your story (not gonna lie, I got excited when I saw the big picture). As for your question: Half-breed characters are not allowed and, though interracial and interfaction relationships are allowed, half-breed NPC children are also not allowed.

Don't forget to take a gander at our rules, policiesand these "swelltastic" guides as a way to get a feel for our server.

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to PM me here on the forums. You can also usually catch me lurking in-game on Cara or Xanthe. But, really, you can ask anyone else on the server (particularly our fantastic GM and Forum Helper staff) as we're all usually free and willing to help!

Also! Don't forget to /join chat (for general communication) and /join barrens (for all the sillies) when you get in game! If ever you need to find a GM, .gm ingame is a very handy In-game command! Tickets also work.

:) Again, welcome, and I hope you enjoy your stay~!
[Image: 0f084241-4e8f-4ebc-9f46-e942e4c544a8_zps7e42bd8f.jpg]
Oh.. My god...

THROM'KA BROTHER!

on a side note, Muahaha has the Earthen Ring as a guild up, though inactive. I'd love to see it brought back, so I'm glad others are into it as well!
Hey guys!

I am glad you guys enjoyed reading the story and thank you for welcoming me here. I am sure I will be able to start enjoying RP as soon as I get logged in! :D

I will definitely take a look at the Earthen Ring guild Kage. ;)

One more question, how does leveling exactly work around here?
You can level up to fifty or be leveled via bronze tokens. In order to be past that level, you must be a grunt and have the character approved.
[Image: anigif_mobile_9893b2566588ab845c7985f71769a9f2-7.gif]
Welcome to CotH! Hope you stay long, I wish to have RP with you in the future, Soran!
ohǫnˀadaga:yǫh

gnome guy

(09-08-2012, 10:15 PM)Cressy Wrote: You can level up to fifty or be leveled via bronze tokens. In order to be past that level, you must be a grunt and have the character approved.

So the only way to level up is to acquire the bronze tokens? How would one do that?

I cannot wait to RP with you too SunThas! :D
(09-08-2012, 10:47 PM)Soran Wrote: So the only way to level up is to acquire the bronze tokens? How would one do that?

Not exactly! As Cressy said, you can manually level (via quests/fighting mobs/etc) to fifty or you may purchase/receive a Bronze Token. These are for sale in the Out of Character zone through Mok'tar for 300g. Frequently, it is the practice of veteran players to give out Bronze Tokens to the new(er) players.

Until you attain Gruntship, you may not manually level past 50.
[Image: 0f084241-4e8f-4ebc-9f46-e942e4c544a8_zps7e42bd8f.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ju11a's Application Ju11a 3 863 09-27-2014, 10:42 PM
Last Post: Ju11a
  Server Application! AzurianCaster 1 674 03-26-2014, 10:07 AM
Last Post: Loxmardin
  Roleplay application Oleth 1 784 03-25-2014, 02:59 AM
Last Post: Loxmardin
  [Introduction] CotH 99problems 5 1,210 10-14-2013, 07:34 PM
Last Post: WindZealot
  My application, Leonardinhoc. Leonardinhoc 1 656 01-18-2013, 08:43 AM