The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Introduction- Short story was supposed to be shorter.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
Well, my name is Julian and I'm fairly simple. I'm freshly eighteen years of age, and I've been roleplaying for seven years, it's actually my favorite pass-time. I've gone from game to game with it, even tabletop but it's never lost it's charm.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I'm from the eastern United States of America, and English is my first language.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
Well, when I was younger my uncle showed me World of Warcraft, so I asked him to buy it for me for Christmas, being so young at the time I was absolutely dreadful at the game at gave it up after a time. Later on though I picked it up again, about even months before Cataclysm came out, and really had a good time playing, though I still wasn't the best at it. Later on I decided to quit, again. That happened a while back, though.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:
Well, I was purposely lurking about for a World of Warcraft roleplay server, since I don't have the money to afford the subscription fee. I noticed Conquest of the Horde because I had seen it before when wrath was coming to a close but I was playing regular World of Warcraft at the time, so I decided to just brush it off. Now I want to give a chance, and possibly bring a few friends over from Lord of the Craft.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
Really I have no set preference, It's all a lot of fun to me. Though I tend to avoid ERP. I've had characters that range from a psychotic demon worshiper to a simple halfling farmer with a stutter and a love of cats. Though if I had to pick from what I prefer the most, I'd say travel roleplay, as it gives characters free time to speak and connect on an emotion level, or bicker and pick at one another the entire way.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
I love to play Dwarves, the simple, rustic and hearty characteristics and rugged, honor bound but sarcastic personalities they have are a metaphorical metric ton of fun to play out. And For class, I'd have to say Druid, as they have a lot of depth and culture in the class alone, regardless of race.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I really expect it to be a very calm, drama-limited (If not free) server that I can roleplay on with other, friendly members interested in the same form of entertainment I am, and hopefully I can invite friends to the server from my old roleplaying server.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?: Humility, I love the concept in Roleplay that no one is a main character, you are responsible for charting out your character's life and decision, and shouldn't be against letting someone else get the glory, playing a villain on other servers where the object is to just have your character live, is a very fun thing for me.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

I'll post one of my character's biographies from Lord of the Craft, Cited from his villain application, located: Here

Akal’s spiral into the darkness was started in his days in Alstion, During this humble time in his life he was a simple guard, a true crusader for the good, However his downfall began with the attack of the city by the Undead, although his training serving him well in the fight, he made the foolish decision to venture through the city on his own, only to be met by the resistance of zombies and the undead’s signature pig zombies, despite the strength of the undead he managed to persevere long enough to be surrounded in an alley, he readied his blade, prepared to die fighting. As the undead closed in upon the halted at the sound of a deep, chilled voice. The origin of the voice was an orc, form mangled and large, he stood tall, intimidating raising his hand he called the undead forward, surrounding Akal , and bringing him to his knees. After a moment, staring up the orc issued a command, one of the creatures rammed it’s weapon into Akal’s temple, knocking him unconscious. He awoke later to find himself, chained, with the orc approaching him. Grinning wickedly he held an object in his hand, the end softly glowing red from heat, It was a branding iron, the symbol on the end was a makeshift eye of Iblees. Akal did his best to hold a straight face, but failed quickly as the hot iron met his bare chest, causing him to lose composure, cry out and show weakness, a direct violation of his training as a guard. As the iron lifted away Akal went limp. His captor simply chuckled to himself, turning and leaving the cell.

Akal was left alone for two days, with no food or water provided to him, as he was drained from dehydration and hunger his captor returned in his hand a flask of liquid and a handful of rotten flesh. He held it out to the male, a grin plastered upon his wicked face. As he demanded Akal beg for his keep, to swear his soul to Iblees for survival. Akal refused, lashing out against Vardak to no avail, still being chained to the wall. However, he knew he would die soon without something to drink, he stared at the flask, before finally through grit teeth, agreeing. He lowered his head in shame, selling out his values in fear of death. Vardak threw the flask over, one of Akal’s shackles releasing he uncorked it, chugging it down greedily, it wasn't until he finished he discovered the deception, the liquid was a potion, a golden apple, ground down into a near liquid, he fell forward, his mind being wiped of memory. He awoke later, having no memory of who he was or even a name Vardak informed him of his purpose, telling him he was of a new “breed”, having no real idea of who he was or even what he was, Akal believed Vardak, as it was the only fact he really knew, despite the fact it was all for Vardak’s amusement.

The following years in the “dungeons” were spent with constant torturous training with a short sword, Often Vardak would subjugate him to brainwashing by way of torture and constant study of Iblees and the nether, he was usually thrown into Vardak’s “pit” for his entertainment, there he was pitted against beast and monster for those among Vardak’s menagerie who wished to watch. Akal was usually injured during these fights but seemed to persevere, his persistence entertained the undead who held him captive, earning him his life, as years carried on Vardak continued to brainwash and have Akal trained to serve. However down the road it ended up being that Akal grew more and more curious of the world outside his “home” and eventually ended up escaping from the dungeon by way accidentally slaying one of the guards within, in panic and fear of his punishment, he fled, fearful of his captor’s wrath. This lead him to a boat upon the Aegis shore which he stowed away on to escape. incidentally, this was one of the boats to Asulon.

Upon his arrival to Asulon, Akal fled into the wilderness, where he remained for twenty years, surviving on his own due to the training provided by his “Hunters” it wasn’t until years later Akal decided to try his luck in society, figuring that if he rehabilitated himself he could hide away in seclusion and draw no attention. He fled to Malinor, keeping to himself he decided to watch the elves of Malinor, study their way of life and adapt to society. As his rehabilitation took effect, Akal formed a false persona under the name of “Tentoa DarkAutumn”
and began to place himself back into society, doing his best to hide his overwhelming anger, this came at the cost of being plagued with night terror’s and stress due to hiding his anger. Eventually Tentoa happened upon one “Titania” whom actually managed to get under his skin, and made him develope feelings for her, sadly enough this was short lived, as she was already involved with another man named Emberhard, this eventually led up to Titania choosing Emberhard over him and shattering Tentoa’s heart into pieces. Confused and alone, Tentoa turned to the one thing he knew best, Iblees, and fled back into the wilderness in “meditation.” He came upon the conclusion, by serving his lord readily, he could once more redeem himself in Iblees eyes. Tentoa took up his old weapon, and his true name once more. and set out to fulfill his mission

Akal spent his newfound time in Asulon devoted to sacrifice and servitude to Iblees, taking the lives of several innocents in Iblees name, and failing miserably at some points which sent him packing to the monks. In once instance Akal left for crestfall, an area in which he had sacrificed a girl named Scarlet Hennington before. He snuck into the count’s home to find a woman named Jessica, whom he tried to sneak up on, in his misfortune she turned to face him, just before he grabbed his dagger. Akal lied to her, saying he was there to confess love, to keep her from alerting crestfall guards. Jessica foolishly believed him and Akal had to spend the better of four days with in fear of being captured, in which they began to speak to one another, Akal telling half truths at first eventually warmed up to Jessica and exposed who he actually was, she accepted him as is and even embraces his nature. Akal bedded her, then disappeared to get back on track with his personal mission though she lingered close to his mind. After leaving crestfall he spent a short time with a man named Rilath who revealed himself to be a former overseer of the undead and observed how people feared him for his power, inspired by this Akal was convinced to try it for himself, purposely approaching a whitewash trapped in a cell and took to intimidating him, finding it successful Akal filled with a slight surge of confidence, finding that the terror of others made his own faults easier to cope with.

After returning to Crestfall Akal discovered Jessica was with child, his own. Seizing the opportunity for something of his own and a possible servant to his own lord, Akal begged Jessica to elope with him, the wall of false anger he usually placed crumbled for her, revealing the fragile, timid man beneath and she agreed. Akal’s affections for Jessica grew, though worry overtook him due to his nature and in desperation promised to do anything in his power to make her happy, the village they had eloped to contained a man named Dante, who recognized Jessica from crestfall and threatened to tell her former husband, Jiraiya. Akal decided the best way to handle the situation was to do the only thing he knew would properly work, ending the man’s life, and so he did. Finding how pleased Jessica was (being so spoiled), he offered to do this again, whenever she would like, and Jessica happily agreed.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Well, I'd like to say I hope to be accepted on the server, it seems like it will be fun.
Hello there, Tentoa! Welcome to Conquest of the Horde!

Thank you so much for your patience while your introduction was pending! I know you've been online on the forums as I've seen you in the online list. Here's a good and final stamp of approval for you, and a big kudos for your patience. :)

Remember to register your in-game account in the Account Management page with the exact information you registered your forum name under.

As per standard approval procedure, I'm going to link you to a few nice places that it certainly doesn't hurt if you double-check and make yourself extra familiar with. These are the Rules and Policies, as well as the FAQs. They've got a bunch of vital information in them.

Without further ado, welcome to the server and I hope we'll see you around!

Happy RPing!

Love,
GM Loxmardin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Introduction ( Story Added! ) Rumus 5 1,013 04-08-2014, 07:36 AM
Last Post: Loxmardin
  Introduction (with a not-as-short-as-originally-anticipated story) ogajoquedizai 2 722 11-15-2012, 03:43 AM
Last Post: ogajoquedizai
  Kat's Introduction (Kai' Hazetotem story) acekat00o 3 867 09-25-2012, 09:24 AM
Last Post: Caravan
  A Breaking Story Andruin 2 787 07-31-2011, 02:53 AM
Last Post: Kira13
  A common introduction (WITH a story). narrat0r 1 681 06-14-2011, 07:58 AM
Last Post: Delta