The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Introduction ( Story Added! )
Tell us about yourself, as a player:
I've played on public servers since Burning Crusade, but I have purposely avoided RP in World of Warcraft(pub), since I find much more interesting RP games and ideas in Warcraft 3.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:

I come from the United States, and primarily speak English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I got into Warcraft through my family. My brother used to raid Black Temple, ICC, and other raids, but before that I was introduced to Warcraft 1-3, and had a lot of fun with those.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:
I found this server simply by searching, "World of Warcraft Private RP Servers" and I am draw to this server mostly because I would love a friendly space where people don't park mammoths on top of you and try to sell you currency.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I'm pretty okay with all types of RP, but war types likely fit me best, given my character.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
My favorite race is by far the Orc. Their story is fantastic, and I really enjoy reading books such as Lord of the Clans. My favorite class is warrior, since unlike most other classes, they rely on skill and training to become better, rather than sources such as the light, and do not have terrible requirements like the Death Knights need to kill.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I simply expect a fun, mature server. Keep in mind by mature I do not mean age, I mean that I hope I don't arrive into a crowd who mocks every mistake and such.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
I like the idea of "Try to never just say, "My character isn't interested in that adventure.""
I guess it increased player interaction a bit, and prevents RP from being blocked in one line.

Did you know that we have a Mentor Program?
Sounds interesting, I don't know what a private server really holds, though. I'm experienced with the base game, if that is good enough.

Lastly, tell us a story!
The story of the once called man, Argurn, is a short tale. Argurn was once a soldier, fighting for the victory of the Alliance. His wife sat upon his front porch in the afternoons, longing the return of her beloved, and worrying for his safety. Pay was good. Honor was earned, and Argurn made many friends in his servitude, he was indeed a kind, proud man. But that pride, that kindness, would become his downfall, in the end. The road downhill begins with the war against the Scourge. Argurn actually enjoyed it. Killing scourge, keeping a kill count. He was never assigned to a difficult job, only skirmishes against the mindless dead. Until one day, Argurn was ordered to assist the forces of the Light in Icerown. Argurn took this position with courage, and soon, he was on a mission, tagging along with his squad of seven. The mission was simple Scout the top of the northern most hill, and light a flare to signal a larger force of about 20. All was well, as the squad reached the top of the hill. Argurn un-clipped the flare from his belt, and clutched it in anticipation. The hill was quite huge, and it seemed to sway a bit, but it was passed off as an effect of nervousness. Soon, the squad leader reached the top, and the all clear was given. "Finally" Argurn thought to himself, he could return to camp and have a good meal, he could-.... The squad leaders screams of pure horror were the only thing in Argurn's mind now. The mountain was no longer swaying, it was moving upward, taking the squad with it. The snow fell from the hill, revealing a monstrosity of flesh, Argurn drew his sword. By this time the squad leader was ripped in half, and plummeting to the ground below. The 6 remaining men stood on the beast's shoulders, stabbing at it, and holding on for dear life as the giant flailed about, attempting to throw them off. It soon became obvious, the squad was powerless to act, and the second in command gave the order to take the leap. Leap they did, grabbing onto the bits of the giant to slow their decent. Soon they reached the snow, and they ran, they ran like feral hounds, trying to escape.. trying to live. The giant barreled after them once it realized what had happened. The men had a good 15 second head start. In three it had covered the distance, and was upon them. Argurn realized something. While the squad as a whole may be powerless to act. He himself is not. Argurn spun around, raised his blade, and charged. The rest of the squad showed no intention of following, as Argurn wished. The giant swung it's leg straight for him, but he barreled away, and plunged his sword into the giants foot. He pulled with all his might, but could not free the sword, and so he left it just in time to move out of the way of the giant's fist. Argurn glanced behind him, his squad had made it, he turned back, and his ribcage caved in. The monster had a death grip on him, and lifted him to it's head. Argurn yelled in pain, kicking and trying to free himself. The giant raised it's other hand, placing it's index finger and thumb on either side of Argurn's head. His skull broke instantly under the pressure, and he was dropped to the snowy floor, lifeless. In his last moments, only thoughts of his wife filled his head. How he loved her, how he was only a short few months from having a child of his own. Argurn shot up. Was it all just a dream? He soon realized the snow around him, and he looked down. Both his legs, snapped in half. Argurn yelled in shock, but he felt nothing. Had his nerves given up? Did they no longer work? It took only a moment more for him to realize the upper quarter of his head lying next to him. Upon seeing this, something took hold of Argurn. His wife, his honor, his faith, these no longer concerned him. One purpose drove Argurn to stand. "To serve... and to destroy.." Argurn sputtered in a pathetic, painful moan. "To serve...and destroy..."

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Is it easy to switch between public and private servers? So say, I am not feeling so well, I shouldn't jump into RP because I may make it a negative experience for others, and I just want to jump into a quick public battleground, then go to bed.

Thank you for your time, and enjoy your day!
Throm'ka, potential recruit!

You have taken a tremendous step with this submission! You will receive an 'official' response in due time, but meanwhile you may wish to ensure you've reviewed the following:
  • Rules (Remember, ignorance is no excuse in the case of rule-breaking! Don't make the Peon Overseers lash you with the whip any more than necessary!)
  • Policies (There are some policies that may be rather uncommon, so if you have not yet checked them then spare a moment to do so!)

Some extra reading that may be of use:
Soon, you should receive a reply to your submission from one of the Peon Overseers informing you of whether you are a suitable candidate for Peonship. Be patient! Just review the above information and a response will come before you know it! As an aside, I think Peon Rumus has an... er... 'interesting' ring to it, eh?
Ĥäļłõ, Rumus!
Welcome to ĆotĦ!

Here'sCotH's rules!
ACotH's policies!
BigA link to the version of WoW we use at CotH!
Bunch You've gotta go here to register your in-game account!
OfA bunch of handy guides on all kinds of stuff!
Links A huge resource for making characters!

In-game you can /join chat and /join barrens to get into our universal chat channels, though LookingForGroup is joined by default.

We also have a Skype group which can be fairly critical in finding RP at times when people aren't actually ingame - to check it out, see here!

Oh, also - don't be afraid to ask anybody with an orange, green or purple name for help if you need it - I'm always open to questions!

Quote:I've played on public servers since Burning Crusade, but I have purposely avoided RP in World of Warcraft(pub), since I find much more interesting RP games and ideas in Warcraft 3.

I've never personally RP'd in WC3 (unless you count god maps), though I've extensively (obsessively?) done so in Starcraft 2 with the Cortex engine. I do understand what you mean about ideas - the difference between RTS and third-person RP is usually night and day, with their own sets of advantages and disadvantages. I'm glad you came around now, though!

Quote:My favorite race is by far the Orc. Their story is fantastic, and I really enjoy reading books such as Lord of the Clans. My favorite class is warrior, since unlike most other classes, they rely on skill and training to become better, rather than sources such as the light, and do not have terrible requirements like the Death Knights need to kill.

Awesome! We're currently having a little bit of an orc renaissance on the server following a long period of tumbleweeds, so I think you'll be glad to have joined around this time. You're at a distinct advantage having read the books, too!

Quote:Sounds interesting, I don't know what a private server really holds, though. I'm experienced with the base game, if that is good enough.

Does this count as a 'yes' or 'no'? The mentor program is a fairly open-ended thing - it covers a myriad of things like buddy system, tech support, a hotline for questions about the server, community, lore, etc. If you don't think you need it, no pressure to apply, but I've found it really helps new players to settle into the server faster than usual.

Aside from that, I'd like to welcome you to CotH - again!
I'll try to answer your question about jumping between private and public...

Generally, those who also play Retail try to keep two separate WoW folders. One for retail, and another for private servers. Seeing as we're in Cataclysm and have yet to upgrade to Mists of Pandaria, you wouldn't be able to use your retail folder to connect to the server. There are many Downloads in the Downloads subforum at the bottom, below Off-Topic, where you can download the entire client for Cataclysm in one torrent (or split between 4 .rar files, for speedier download).

So, if you keep two different folders on your computer, switching between retail and CotH shouldn't be a problem at all. If you encounter any problems with it, don't hesitate to post in the Tech Support subforum and the community will do their best to help you!

Love,
Loxmardin
I guess I should ask to take part in the mentor system, so sure.
Fantabulous! I'll get you signed up and you should receive a PM from your assigned Mentor ASAP. :)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Introduction- Short story was supposed to be shorter. Tentoa 1 610 11-16-2012, 12:04 PM
Last Post: Loxmardin
  Introduction (with a not-as-short-as-originally-anticipated story) ogajoquedizai 2 722 11-15-2012, 03:43 AM
Last Post: ogajoquedizai
  Kat's Introduction (Kai' Hazetotem story) acekat00o 3 867 09-25-2012, 09:24 AM
Last Post: Caravan
  A Breaking Story Andruin 2 787 07-31-2011, 02:53 AM
Last Post: Kira13
  A common introduction (WITH a story). narrat0r 1 681 06-14-2011, 07:58 AM
Last Post: Delta