The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Poll: So, what's your favorite type of RP?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Action/Combat! I like to keep things exciting.
13.24%
18 13.24%
Adventure/Exploration! I like the sense of discovery.
23.53%
32 23.53%
Romance/Relationship! I like the fuzzy feels.
14.71%
20 14.71%
Intrigue/Investigative! I like the political/social RP that makes you think.
17.65%
24 17.65%
Casual/Day-to-Day! Nothing fancy, I just like the day-to-day lives of our characters.
13.97%
19 13.97%
Other! I'll be posting below.
5.88%
8 5.88%
Cheesecake makes everything better. It's true!
11.03%
15 11.03%
Total 136 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Favorite Type of RP? Part Something Something
So I like to make these polls now and then, because I find it interesting.

What's your favorite type of RP? Action/Combat? Exploration/Adventure? Intrigue/Investigative? Romance/Relationship? Casual/Day-to-Day? Let us know!
Have you hugged an orc today?
- I am not tech support. Please do not contact me regarding technical issues. -
I love them all! That is mostly because they're all elements of my favorite type of RP: Story RP.

Often times if these types of RP have no semblance of a plot or story, I can tired of it fast. A story, on the other hand, even if it's cliche and silly, I come back for more. Romance RP is boring without a story, for instance, but give me a story with romance as an element, then I will eat it up. Like cheesecake ! :|

(Posted on the iPhone!)
[Image: 3HQ8ifr.gif]
I am detecting a lack of cheesecake love.

Spoiler:
[Image: cheesecake5.jpg]

Be converted!
Have you hugged an orc today?
- I am not tech support. Please do not contact me regarding technical issues. -
I went back and amended my vote. Cheesecake gets its due praise.
"Every gun..."

[Image: Jonah-Hex-Counting-Corpses-Flaming-Leap.jpg]

"...Makes its own tune."

~ The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly ~
I know from experience on the realm that my preferred purpose of and ambiance in roleplay is quite specific. At the core I mainly prefer adventurous and exploratory scenarios. But I want any and all RP to contain an air of day-to-day life. And for me half the point of adventures are the mysterious that need some kind of investigation or puzzling to figure out. A "tank-and-spank" encounter in a roleplaying sense is just pointless to me.
(02-24-2012, 10:15 AM)Piroska Wrote: Conspiracy. That's all it is; Kret's afraid that your pure, digital awesomeness would crash the server if it were allowed.
(06-14-2013, 05:42 PM)McKnighter Wrote: Bovel, Lord of Beards

Character About Involvement
Causticity Blackbreath Goblin Alchemist -
Telaah Draenei Anchorite Writings of an Anchorite

[Image: kiXJxhI.gif]
I voted all of the above.

Even especially cheesecake.
Your stories will always remain...
[Image: nIapRMV.png?1]
... as will your valiant hearts.
My additional vote for other: RP that begins with a solid premise and structure and then unravels into chaos.
(03-05-2014, 05:17 PM)Geoni Wrote: My additional vote for other: RP that begins with a solid premise and structure and then unravels into chaos.

>Ulfarr gives Maro a potion
>Maro drinks the potion
>OH FFF RAINBOW VOMIT EVERYWHERE WHY
[Image: tumblr_nfm4t0FZcT1rtcd58o1_r1_500.gif]
Addendum - It doesn't really have much to do with what kind of RP but... still. A key point for me of what makes good roleplaying is that it ain't rail-roaded. I usually catch on really quickly if it is and I loathe to a level that I rather log than get agitated by it. Keeping RP feeling interactive is really, really important!
(02-24-2012, 10:15 AM)Piroska Wrote: Conspiracy. That's all it is; Kret's afraid that your pure, digital awesomeness would crash the server if it were allowed.
(06-14-2013, 05:42 PM)McKnighter Wrote: Bovel, Lord of Beards

Character About Involvement
Causticity Blackbreath Goblin Alchemist -
Telaah Draenei Anchorite Writings of an Anchorite

[Image: kiXJxhI.gif]
(03-05-2014, 06:11 PM)c0rzilla Wrote:
(03-05-2014, 05:17 PM)Geoni Wrote: My additional vote for other: RP that begins with a solid premise and structure and then unravels into chaos.

>Ulfarr gives Maro a potion
>Maro drinks the potion
>OH FFF RAINBOW VOMIT EVERYWHERE WHY

This type of thing happens only to me.

Me: Grak, should I roll to see the effects?
Grak: Sure. Higher numbers are good effects, lower are bad?
Me: Okay then.
Maro rolls 1.

Maro vomits all the colors of the rainbow.
Do you have what it takes to join the Fighting Blues?
Do you have what it takes to defend your homeland?
Will you stand up in defense of the innocent? The weak?
Will you stand up in defense of Justice and the Law?

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRVE3uy8TjirssygDEKMi2...Ia13_WYQpw]

Any roleplay my character can become personally involved in, and have the character feel personally connected. If my character is not interested, inevitably I will not be interested.
Quote:[8:53AM] Cassius: Xigo is the best guy ever. he doesn't afraid of anything.
Anything that involves dice.

Dice are amazing.

They can so easily add a certain uncertainty to anything that can take a roleplay in new and unexpected directions. A dismal failure can be a development point, a fantastic success can be a source of arrogant pride and even fame should the act be notable enough.

Whereas when 'trust' systems are in play, where's the moderation supposed to be? Yes, granted, it can be amazing, but in my opinion only when everyone involved realises that any one character can never be perfect. Nobody will ever succeed in every little thing they do, and sometimes to be realistic you have to trip over your own feet, tie your tongue in knots or simply make a huge and obvious mistake. And when caught up in playing a game, who can say they always remember to account for their own lack of luck? Their lack of skill? Their lack of understanding?

Dice help.

Dice are amazing.
All those are great but what I would really like is to be invited.

Often I think about a favorite character. I set at my login screens and meditatively click on each one and think about all that's going on with them. Or has yet to come. Then I ponder what type of RP I'm feeling like.. and nothing immediately pops out.

With this in mind I consider myself. Perhaps I am too much a recluse? I don't think so. Often I invite others to start something up with me. Whenever we do get it going I have tried to advertise it. Maybe I have little to bring to the RP? Usually I can reason why character X would be doing Y; which is to achieve goal Z. I usually don't share those reasons OOCly because I believe it can be more fun to find out in character. Do people care? Are they as interested in my characters as they are their own? If not, am I any better?

These threads are great because they get the gears turning.
The true test of his choice lies forward.
— The story of the Silithian.

See life through shades of silver.
I like my RP with some sort of story structure, don't get me wrong, I do enjoy sitting around a campfire and swapping stories at the tavern as this lets me get to know the other player's style of RP and lets my characters get to know the other characters. However, I feel like story driven RP is best for character development for anyone involved in it as well as building OOC relationships with the other players. ("Remember when your character was about to die and I totally saved him?" "Pft, well remember when we were attacked by raiders and -I- stopped them from selling you on the black market?" Kind of the RPers version of shooting the s***) My only problem with story RP is that the ones that started that story usually don't let others into it once it has started, like they're already on their quest so no one else can join them. Just something I see a bit on the server.

Also, I really like playing sort of an NPC type role. I like playing the supporting character so others can get more RP and so it adds more of a immersive atmosphere to the session.
It's telling that storylines aren't included up there. The character-driven ones that progress from one tale into another, with recurring NPCs and the like. RP that reads like a good book, co-written by everyone involved.

Because those are my favorites. Stories, plox. Long ones, if you will. Even with Loads And Loads of Characters. I don't mind.

I want an immersive experience. Sure, combat can be very immersive, and so can investigation and intrigue - but they don't offer the longevity that a greater storyline can. And I want to positively bathe in the world I'm RPing in. After all, s'why we're using the darn setting, innit?
[Image: 2hhkp3k.gif]
Recommended reads: Divine and Arcane. Also, elves.
Wanna refer me in Tribes: Ascend? Clickies!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Your Favorite Character [To Roleplay] Xigo 47 8,521 03-06-2014, 07:09 AM
Last Post: Bovel
  SRET, part 2! FlyingSquirrel 9 2,364 01-08-2014, 06:41 AM
Last Post: FlyingSquirrel
  Favorite type of RP, part three! Grakor456 33 6,655 06-30-2011, 07:31 AM
Last Post: Zett
  Talk about favorite lore, and history of Warcraft. Spiralin 6 1,258 08-05-2010, 09:18 AM
Last Post: Grimnir
  Favorite continent for RP? Kretol 30 5,427 04-15-2010, 01:18 PM
Last Post: Benislav