The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Poll: What is your favorite kind of RP?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Combat!
17.27%
24 17.27%
Adventure!
22.30%
31 22.30%
Intrigue!
23.02%
32 23.02%
Romance!
20.86%
29 20.86%
Day-to-Day!
13.67%
19 13.67%
Other! I'll post below.
2.88%
4 2.88%
Total 139 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Favorite type of RP, part three!
A poll I like to put up now and then, it's time for the third iteration of the "What's your favorite kind of RP?" question! Should be helpful to us GMs as well, getting an idea for the kinds of RP and events people want to see.

Combat? Do you enjoy going forth and crushing your enemies? Do you enjoy fighting others, be it player or NPC?

Adventure? Do you enjoy exploring new places, like delving dungeons? Do you enjoy finding new places to go?

Intrigue? Do you enjoy solving mysteries? Do you enjoy politics and matching wits with others?

Romance? Do you enjoy forming relationships with other characters? Do you like seeing your characters find their true love?

Day-to-Day? Do you enjoy simply going about the normal lives of your characters? Do you enjoy sitting and chatting in taverns?

Let me know!
Have you hugged an orc today?
- I am not tech support. Please do not contact me regarding technical issues. -
Combat. I like to kill.. people... and then use their bodies for my experiments.
Do you have what it takes to join the Fighting Blues?
Do you have what it takes to defend your homeland?
Will you stand up in defense of the innocent? The weak?
Will you stand up in defense of Justice and the Law?

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRVE3uy8TjirssygDEKMi2...Ia13_WYQpw]

How about an adventure with combat with intrigue and a dash of romance that we RP day-to-day.
You know, basic everyday combat-adventure-romance-that is very intriguing we partake in every day. For we are adventurous heroes of a romantic story with a theme in a war torn world and stuff.

Basic heroics, awesome interaction. Factions being in depth, the basic stuff that makes Warcraft, WARCRAFT. Combat, but with all the things that come along with battle, the side plots and the beauty in them.

War is my thing. What can I say, it has everything.
[Image: lich_king_signature_by_wyrx-d3jo9rm.png]
I tagged intrigue and romance.

... Intriguing romance.
Adventure and romance. I wasn't going to tag the latter, but then I realized that half of the characters I consistently play have been or currently are, in a relationship of some sort. Other than that, Adventure RP tends to lead into some sort of combat RP, but I'm not a huge fan of solely combat oriented RP. The occasional arena battle on Kaz is quite a bit of fun, but I wouldn't like to do it all day long. On the other hand, I could sit in one of the Bloodsworn's events for hours (and have) without blinking an eye.
"Every gun..."

[Image: Jonah-Hex-Counting-Corpses-Flaming-Leap.jpg]

"...Makes its own tune."

~ The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly ~

Combat? Do you enjoy going forth and crushing your enemies? Do you enjoy fighting others, be it player or NPC?

BLOOD AND THUNDER! (Yes, I like trust PvP-RP and roll PvE-RP.)

Adventure? Do you enjoy exploring new places, like delving dungeons? Do you enjoy finding new places to go?

Only if it's something interesting, like a dungeon or ancient ruins with traps and mystical curses.

Intrigue? Do you enjoy solving mysteries? Do you enjoy politics and matching wits with others?

Not as much, but it can be interesting if made so. (Really interesting plot-twists FTW!)

Romance? Do you enjoy forming relationships with other characters? Do you like seeing your characters find their true love?

Not really.

Day-to-Day? Do you enjoy simply going about the normal lives of your characters? Do you enjoy sitting and chatting in taverns?

Of course! Every once and a while it's good to kick back.
[Image: Ml7sNnX.gif]
Intrigue: Love politics, gathering the opinions of others on related topics and such.

Romance: I enjoy the concept of some of my characters finding a companion to assist them through troubled times, generally having a happy ending.

Day-to-Day: Not so much tavern RP, but mainly just day-to-day activities that tie into the romance RP. Just the common, simple stuff that a couple would do.

Combat/Adventure: ... For some 'pop' every now and then.
Narrowed my favorites down to two, though I really like all of these options.

That being said I am a huge sap for romance and day-to-day stuff can be pretty fun. c:
I didn't even notice intrigue up there... I would have clicked that if I had. :3
"Every gun..."

[Image: Jonah-Hex-Counting-Corpses-Flaming-Leap.jpg]

"...Makes its own tune."

~ The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly ~

I enjoy using my mind over my strength icly and oocly!
I enjoy making intrigues, heh. Personally I'm a huge fan of adventure, though I love a healthy dose of combat RP, especially one with a lot of story and other workings behind it.

Not as huge a fan of romance, but I do leave my characters open for it- I like the relationships that have a very natural feel, though, so I hardly ever actively look to get into them.

As for day-to-day, that's pretty fine with me as well- With interesting characters you can make any act into something entertaining.

Yes, but i've noticed a lot of RP is slowly developing into combat and only combat.

I've never really done it, save on Jezzan. And his fear of Outland is quite lulzy.

This is the RP I see the least of, aside from Adventure, and I absolutely adore it. Richtnel is my intrigue character, or so I like to say, and I enjoy designing torturous (both physically and emotionally, though mainly emotionally) for others to bear. All the secrecy and under the radarness of it makes me all excited and hungry for more.

I'm of the opinion that a realistic romance isn't just love at first sight. You'd need to get to know your potential soul mate, y'know? Therefore, if done right, romance RP can be a huge amount of fun.

No. If I must, I will, but I ordinarily focus on the big picture. Tavern RP is good now and again, certainly being a great way to meet new people, but it can only go so far. After a while, it gets to a point you can't really talk about/do anything else. Giant huge World Events and stuff are different. You're in the RP, then. You can really connect with your character and how their feeling. Their fear, their excitement, all of it is there.

[Image: tumblr_mjjxhcqmG51qh076xo1_250.png]
I think Day to day.
(06-14-2011, 06:49 PM)Brutalskars Wrote: How about an adventure with combat with intrigue and a dash of romance that we RP day-to-day.
You know, basic everyday combat-adventure-romance-that is very intriguing we partake in every day. For we are adventurous heroes of a romantic story with a theme in a war torn world and stuff.

Basic heroics, awesome interaction. Factions being in depth, the basic stuff that makes Warcraft, WARCRAFT. Combat, but with all the things that come along with battle, the side plots and the beauty in them.

War is my thing. What can I say, it has everything.

This

All of the above--at once. I generally enjoy storyline RPs that combine elements of all interactivity, not just one. I enjoy RPs the most that feel like a movie or a TV episode rather than just a walk-in at a bar or random banter among bored people.
[Image: 3HQ8ifr.gif]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Favorite Type of RP? Part Something Something Grakor456 16 3,251 03-11-2014, 11:04 AM
Last Post: Paylonas
  Your Favorite Character [To Roleplay] Xigo 47 8,521 03-06-2014, 07:09 AM
Last Post: Bovel
  SRET, part 2! FlyingSquirrel 9 2,364 01-08-2014, 06:41 AM
Last Post: FlyingSquirrel
  Talk about favorite lore, and history of Warcraft. Spiralin 6 1,258 08-05-2010, 09:18 AM
Last Post: Grimnir
  Favorite continent for RP? Kretol 30 5,427 04-15-2010, 01:18 PM
Last Post: Benislav