The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Greetings and Salutations
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:

I'm currently in school for game art and design (basically, I'm in school to make a career out of making video games), with about two years left before I get my Bachelor's. I'm far too creative for my own good; writing, art, video games, and cooking are all hobbies of mine. I'm the eldest of four children, and I take care of the two younger siblings to the point of them pretty much treating me as their mom. So I have a keen maternal bent that goes along with my fun and happy personality.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:

Born and bred in the USA, southern California most of my life. About an hour out from Blizz HQ, actually. Edit: Derp. I speak English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:

Truth be told, when I first saw the announcements about the MMO I rolled my eyes and went on my way. I grew up on the RTS' and enjoyed the strategy of it, but I thought that taking it to an MMO was silly. However, my mother started the game at pretty much release, and I was brought into it a few months later... which started a near ten-year addiction and the inspiration for what would later be my chosen career path.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:

Honestly, I'd been craving some Warcraft roleplay, as I'd lost mine when Mists began to wear people down, ESO released and people flocked to supposed better shores, and then I became disinterested in the grind as financial issues made money tight and I could not longer fool myself into believing it was worth it.

I started playing Wildstar, but my home is and will forever be Warcraft. So I searched for RP Private Servers, and yours came up underneath Paragon, which I had been a member of briefly and then dropped off the face of when my computer crashed and burned. I never went back, which likely says that I wasn't happy there anyway.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:

All of it. I'm passionate about full-bodied stories where growth can take weeks or even months. Character development is very important to me, but can be incredibly hard to find in other players to the degree I enjoy it. I enjoy romance, but as part of the story, not the end game. I bid fond farewells to characters who die heroically or tragically. I'll happily play second fiddle to others' stories; I love helping others build their experiences up, because if you're doing all of it yourself, isn't that just basically writing, not playing?

I love making events. Intensely detailed and thrilling, with twists that leave players wanting more. I love creating story lines for others to participate in. I love happy bubbly play, I adore grim-dark horror. The sort that leaves people biting their nails, while you know the players on either end are cackling with glee.

I'm not a picky girl. I love it all.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:

To be honest, I have a lot of favorites. My love began with Kaldorei, though. Something about this race of tragic beings who inadvertently screwed the pooch and then spent millenia trying to make up for it is somehow just... intriguing.

I tend to play healers. I enjoy priests, and I later grew fond of druids and shaman. Rogues eventually also took a place in my heart, but that may honestly be because of the characters I created of those classes, and less the classes themselves.

What are your expectations of this server?:

I'm hoping to see it live up to the hype, so to speak. Glancing around the forums, I can tell there's very little non-serious behavior when it comes to keeping things in order. Really, I'd love a place I can get back into my element and rock worlds.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:

Humility. I think it's one that is so very hard for people to learn, because everyone wants to be popular to an extent. We all live vicariously through our characters, and I think that there's a draw to doing the impossible when you're so limited by real life. So it's natural for people to want to shine when they get a chance... but it's hard to know when to pull back and let someone else shine for a bit.

Did you know that we have a Mentor Program? It's entirely voluntary and you as a new player can sign up for it right now in your introduction! Are you interested in signing up to be assigned a Mentor? If so, say so here (Please enter at least "Yes" or "No"):

No, for now. I'm pretty good about learning on my own, but I'm good about asking questions if I'm confused, too.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

(Written for a collection of stories I have going on another forum. I've cut this one off early due to the adult nature, but I'm fairly proud of the start. Nothing dirty, I promise.)

The room started dark. The windows were shuttered tightly, allowing no light and very little sound through despite the party that continued in the streets down below. Party-goers and drunken revelers crowded the avenue, sending drunken song up to the room that was hidden in the shadows of an alley in the depths of Murder Row. The inn had been quite accommodating to her specifications, though it had taken several days to find or craft the very specific pieces of furniture that now decorated the room. The Seedy Maiden was a very friendly place to those who walked the night, and the one who paced over the plush rug was a friend to the owner, and so could get away with plenty more than simple redecorating.

She counted her steps across the room to guide her, stopping at thirteen paces to light the candle at her left with a whisper of a word. A second and third bloomed into life beneath her touch, lighting the room in a dim glow that barely touched the large four-poster bed pushed to the wall, the massive oak headboard decorated with curving lines of no particular design, yet they wove a knot that pulled the haphazard imagery into a cohesive design that was pleasant on the eyes. The sheets of the bed were white silk, turned down beneath plush pillows also garbed in the same material. At the foot of the bed was a thick blanket of white folded across the sheets.

A floor mirror caught the light of the next group of candles she lit, seven this time, held in a standing candelabra in the corner of the room. Below it were potted flowers that sent out a sweet scent. Her eyes caught her reflection in the mirror, and not for the first time she admired the floor-length gown that hugged the curves she now bore. Her silver-blonde hair spiraled in loose curls down the middle of her back, tickling the large bow that decorated the back of the wedding gown. She wiggled her toes in the slipper heels, begrudging herself for not taking the time to fully break in the shoes to her own feet.

Pacing back across the room, she passed the single chair that sat in the largest empty space of the room. The fine padding was white, the chair crafted of the same wood that the bed was. It was matched by the dresser she moved to, lighting the final display of five candles before taking up the small portrait on the dresser to gaze at the image it held. At first glance, the woman could have been herself, though she knew different. To become the woman in the image had been her primary goal, a special request made by the client that she had accepted.

It had taken several things to fulfill even that task. Her diet had changed to incorporate richer foods that had helped fill out her slender form into one that was more curved and plush, though still not anything close to showing even the faintest roll where one should not be. The goblins had dyed her hair to the exact shade, shearing the crimson strands and curling them until she was near platinum and as delicately coiffed as an angel might be.

The dress was done by herself, every stitch in the exact same place and nowhere else. Even the lingerie beneath was a perfect match, though the image hardly showed it. That had been done through the help of a few friends more wise to the woman's closet. Her freckles had been hidden with enchantments to replicate the pale, smooth skin of the other woman. At the last, she had spent a week learning herself under a new name. Nothing was to be different this night that wasn't covered in the agreement. Her stomach fluttered as she opened the top drawer of the empty dresser and slid the portrait into it, the closing sound echoed in the breath she expelled. Tonight was a night that could not go wrong; if she pleased this client, his patronage would give her enough support to achieve her dreams, and leave this life behind.

A knock at the door made her breath catch, and she scurried to the mirror for one last glance and primp before folding her hands over her turning stomach. Her voice, naturally sweet and kind, became husky and seductive to match the woman she had only ever heard, but never met. It was a perfect match, tested against even the woman's parents. “Enter.”

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:

Though it's certainly not a deal breaker, I am curious as to your opinions on integrating parts of the RPG into role-play. For example, a few of my favorite characters are "Nightmare Touched," with the effects dependent on afflictions clarified in the RPG. Blizzard has named these non-canon, but I had guild masters willing to allow me to create characters/story lines who were balanced, but carried aspects from the RPG itself.

I will admit that I started doing this when the lore and writing of the MMO started to stagnate and I had a hard time creating something that interested me without being completely cliche or part of the flock. Basically, it let me stretch my creative muscles in creating something unique but still acceptable within the realm of possibility.

So I'm not gonna strike or anything if it's a strict "no," and I could accept case-by-case. I just want to know my limits.
Throm'ka, potential recruit!

You have taken a tremendous step with this submission! You will receive an 'official' response in due time, but meanwhile you may wish to ensure you've reviewed the following:
  • Rules (Remember, ignorance is no excuse in the case of rule-breaking! Don't make the Peon Overseers lash you with the whip any more than necessary!)
  • Policies (There are some policies that may be rather uncommon, so if you have not yet checked them then spare a moment to do so!)

Some extra reading that may be of use:
Soon, you should receive a reply to your submission from one of the Peon Overseers informing you of whether you are a suitable candidate for Peonship. Be patient! Just review the above information and a response will come before you know it! As an aside, I think Peon Lireesa has an... er... 'interesting' ring to it, eh?
Welcome to CotH!

First, be sure to check out our servers rules and policies, just so you're well-versed on the foundation of the server. The server has a wealth of information at the Articles/Guides section of the forums, and I would highly suggest you consult at least one or two guides when you start a new character. We have a full download for the Cataclysm game folder for both Mac and PC available.

In-game, there are purple portals scattered about. The primary OOC area is under Neutral Hubs, and is named "GM Island". This is where people loiter between roleplaying. I would also suggest that you /join chat and /join barrens once you get in-game, as we tend to prefer keeping LFG open for people looking for roleplay. We also have a few commands of note available to all players. Firstly is .lo rp <item>. This command will show all spawn-able RP items that match the criteria of the name. Then, you take the six numbers next to the item and add them to .add <000000>. This armor is wearable, but holds the same armor restrictions as it would on retail (I.E., we don't have Priests in Plate). We also have the .scale command, which functions from between .9 and 1.1, changing your in-game size.

--

I think you're gonna be a good fit. I'm not gonna really respond to each individual part of your introduction, just generally say that yea, you'll be good here. However, I do have to respond to the RPG part. We do accept parts of the RPG, notably things like Spirit Champions and Walkers. However, just because something is in the RPG does not make it automatically accepted here; it does give it some extra weight in a conversation. If you're curious about things, you could always create a Private Discussion thread and ask the GMs through that.
(07-29-2014, 11:37 AM)Lireesa Wrote: My love began with Kaldorei, though.
Hello, and welcome to CoTH! Just wanted to pop by to say that if you end up rolling a Night Elf and said Elf needs a guild, Dorini Thera is always looking for more active Kaldorei!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Salutations, People of blades and books! PhantomLink 2 886 07-31-2014, 02:03 PM
Last Post: Ural
  Salutations! Voof 1 720 09-13-2013, 02:26 AM
Last Post: Zhaei
  Greetings and salutations from Xegamr! Xegamr 0 638 10-10-2009, 05:59 AM
Last Post: Xegamr
  Salutations xenafax 2 781 08-10-2009, 09:23 AM
Last Post: xenafax
  Greetings and Salutations Arden 1 835 08-08-2009, 05:29 AM
Last Post: Maulbane