The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Greetings and Salutations
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
I'm a city boy living on the western coast of Canada. I graduated from high school last year and haven't done much of anything since then. Ultimately want to get into video game development but I could settle for just working with computers right now. I started roleplaying (not realizing what it was) in ninth grade by passing a page back and forth with my friends as we wrote joint-effort stories (during class, of course.) Afterwards I moved up to roleplaying on online forums and in the past two years I've been playing Dungeons and Dragons with my friends. (roleplaying in person is so much harder for me than we text XD). So I have a bit of experience roleplaying but I wouldn't say I'm stellar at it…

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
Canada; English, I'm afraid that's all I speak, unless you count the interesting conversation in Spanish I had on another server where I was translating all his responses with bablefish and likewise my responses got translated into Spanish to be sent back to him.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
Too be honest, peer pressure, a couple of years back I was persuaded into trying out the ‘free' (Lies I paid 3 dollars for that disc!) 14 day trial; I enjoyed it, but grew bored of it as my trial was ending, I didn't really pick it up again until recently when my friend started playing on the private server WoWgasm, so I figured I'd join him. And that my friends, is how my dark decent into the World of Warcraft began… again.

What made you seek our server over others?:
Well I figure a dedicated private roleplaying server would be more serious about the ‘roleplaying' aspect of things; I've played on other private servers. To be honest I haven't roleplayed on World of Warcraft before and I've wanted to try it out. I actually noticed this server a while ago but I decided to wait until it was patched up to 3.1.3 so I wouldn't have to downgrade from my current server.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
Combat and adventure driven plots are always fun to roleplay out, however some relaxing downtime is enjoyable as well. Typically I enjoy small groups of 3-6 people. I'm also horrible with romance; I just can't seem to convey it well.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Call me bland but my favorite race are humans; I'm not sure why, but they seem to be my go to race in fantasy settings, maybe because they're usually presented as the most diverse personality wise. My favorite class is a clash between Paladins and Warriors leaning towards Warriors more now though mostly because of their lack of dependency on mana. Paladins being my second favorite because they have the ability to heal themselves. Roleplaying wise, I like thinking of warriors bringing out their inner rage and using it as a weapon, and a Paladin's pursuit of justice and noble nature makes my inner hero go all warm and fuzzy.

What are your expectations of this server?:
A nice roleplaying experience with people who enjoy it as much as me; and a different kind of gaming experience that I'm used to on other private servers.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
It's hard to choose one, since they all seem well thought out, if I had to pick one it would be the rules of respect, it's always something I try to show online and I'm glad to see it's enforced on this sever.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
Death, the air was filled with the smell of it. The scourge had defiled this place with their stench; what kind of people would dare trudging through these cursed lands now? Mercenaries; that's who, sell-swords hired to slay a wicked beast that had taken up lodgings in the western plaugelands. A black dragon; this venomous fiend had taken a liking to periodically attacking the settlement of Southshore. Tired of his townsfolk being terrified by this beast the mayor hired a trio of men of arms to deal with their problem; a well deserved reward of gold awaited them upon delivering the dragon's head. A reward the mercenaries' desired greedily; and their greed would be their undoing…

(More of an introduction to a story but *shrug*)

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Since I'm new to roleplaying on WoW I will most likely begin by observing others so if you see me in game and it looks like I'm being a bit anti-social, I'm probably just observing. Also I typically use []s when speaking out of character, I'm too lazy to use (( )) apparently.
Welcome to CotH!

When we're OOC we tend to use party chat or some of the global chat channels like /lookingforgroup, /chat and /barrenschat

Move him into the sun—
Gently its touch awoke him once,
At home, whispering of fields half-sown.
Always it woke him, even in France,
Until this morning and this snow.
If anything might rouse him now
The kind old sun will know.

Think how it wakes the seeds,—
Woke, once, the clays of a cold star.
Are limbs, so dear-achieved, are sides,
Full-nerved—still warm—too hard to stir?
Was it for this the clay grew tall?
—O what made fatuous sunbeams toil
To break earth’s sleep at all?
[Image: 62675bf4fd.jpg] [Image: 0e7357dcfe.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Salutations, People of blades and books! PhantomLink 2 886 07-31-2014, 02:03 PM
Last Post: Ural
  Greetings and Salutations Lireesa 3 1,108 07-29-2014, 08:02 PM
Last Post: Nick
  Salutations! Voof 1 720 09-13-2013, 02:26 AM
Last Post: Zhaei
  Greetings and salutations from Xegamr! Xegamr 0 638 10-10-2009, 05:59 AM
Last Post: Xegamr
  Salutations xenafax 2 781 08-10-2009, 09:23 AM
Last Post: xenafax