The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Requesting non-player races.
I can't seem to find the page that states the rules about requesting non-player races again and I don't think my second query was covered on the page, so I'm just going to ask a few things here.

To request a race not available to most, must I have a gruntship?

And is it possible to change the model of a PC (I've seen a non-player race with minor things like tattoos, but can you change the whole model? I'm considering requesting a Broken)?
Hi... I'm the new guy.
To start off here's a list of non-playable races.
http://wiki.conquestofthehorde.com/Non-Playable_Races

To play unique race I think you have to be a grunt, also you'd have to produce a very good character profile (Which you'd request and send to a GM first.) You'd have to prove you can be trusted to play that particular race also. (Not saying you aren't by the way.)
Eddyward Wrote:And is it possible to change the model of a PC (I've seen a non-player race with minor things like tattoos, but can you change the whole model? I'm considering requesting a Broken)?

I'm pretty sure this ain't possible because the moment you relog, your model gets reseted to the default one. Ain't gonna ask a GM to redo it everytime you log huh? I think other skills that work like rogue's stealth also revert the model back.

About the race, not sure. I know heroes are allowed to play more unique "prestige" classes (if they're within the comon sense limit) so I'm guessing you'd need to be a hero and have a damn good reason to play a race totally diferent than the others.

Hope this helps. ^^
"Educate yourself in the art of true metal."
"From the Heaven of My Heart" & "Silver Bride" - Amorphis (Skyforger)

"Beyond the Stars"
~ Head over to our own subforum on CotH Worlds and enjoy. ^^
Quote:To play unique race I think you have to be a grunt, also you'd have to produce a very good character profile (Which you'd request and send to a GM first.) You'd have to prove you can be trusted to play that particular race also. (Not saying you aren't by the way.)

Yeah, I know that bit. I guess it's not really an option then.
Thanks for your help.
Hi... I'm the new guy.
There are some that would work model-wise, such as ogre, because there are already items that do just that, change you into an ogre. Permanent model changes aren't possible though in ArcEmu for as far as I am aware, so a GM would have to change you each and every time you log on, which simply isn't going to happen.

And the moment somebody is allowed to play...say... a high elf, everybody will want to get in on it. All of a sudden you'll have ten high elves on at the same time and any charm of the idea quickly runs dry.
Yes, we don't allow most such races. The exceptions would be that player minions (Ghouls, etc.) are allowed to be played by another player, but you need a -very- good reason and an exceptional profile. Also note that these characters are fairly bound to the other player RP wise, so it's not often that we do allow this. It's happened twice to my knowledge, and neither character was played.
Although I'm not planning on making a Minion anytime soon, I wonder - Does Minion-Race characters get changed models, or is it done entirely trough emotes?
Hogral Coalbeard - Impulsive Explorer
I remember RPing with one of them, and they just used the Forsaken model and emoted it.
[Image: anigif_mobile_9893b2566588ab845c7985f71769a9f2-7.gif]
Theik has a good point here as well.
There are a few items that provide model changes, so instead of having the GM's change you everytime, you can do it yourself. Bad side of this is.. the items are very limited. The only ones I know are those that turn you into an ogre and a furbolg. I'm sure there's more, I've seen Sammy use quite a few. xD
"Educate yourself in the art of true metal."
"From the Heaven of My Heart" & "Silver Bride" - Amorphis (Skyforger)

"Beyond the Stars"
~ Head over to our own subforum on CotH Worlds and enjoy. ^^
It's a little irrelevant, as most of the races are off limits anyway, best to stick with what we can easily represent through what we have.
[Image: Signature.png]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What races would actually become a Death Knight? Samlock 4 1,660 04-01-2014, 08:06 AM
Last Post: Dae
  [CotH-aluation] Player/Staff Communications Loxmardin 8 2,695 02-16-2014, 12:54 AM
Last Post: Jonoth
  Sub-races and why We don't need to CMC them Thoradin 38 8,522 02-01-2014, 05:29 PM
Last Post: FlyingSquirrel
  Returning Player - from before Cataclysm ghaskan 6 1,510 12-06-2013, 07:41 AM
Last Post: ghaskan
  Races and Mounts requiem225 10 2,406 06-26-2012, 11:28 AM
Last Post: Dae