The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Faction NPCs/Reputation
I was reading the rules about Faction NPCs, about how if you kill one, you will become hostile to them.

Does that mean in RP, or is the server setup to make you hostile to an entire faction for killing one member?

I am mainly asking in the line of whether this would count when doing quests. I know there is an early quest for Orcs/Trolls where you have to retake a keep full of soldiers who used to serve with Admiral Proudmoore. If I took this quest, would killing the soldiers set me to hostile with Stormwind. ((assuming I've managed to become neutral with them before this))

I'd just like to know where things stood before I took on certain quests, to avoid any mistakes.
Mistress Sylea Moonwhisper - Human - Azeroth Trade Syndicate
Baroness Ariannah Timaeus - Human - The Scourgebane Trinitus
Valishna- Draenei - Unaffiliated
If you took said quest as an in-character progression. Yes.
[Image: signature2-1.jpg]
There is a differance between IC and OOC.

OOCly, kill any faction at your will. As long as you are OOC and /dnd about it. ICly, you couldn't even handle the keep. 200 Soldiers are there. :) So there isn't an answer for this, really.

And orc's aren't able to become friendly with Stormwind. Silly.
That was actually mainly aimed at both IC and OOC actions, and was first made when it was possible to gain rep with the opposite faction. People would get 'bored' and mindlessly kill faction NPCs, assuming they could OOCly raise the rep back up.
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=2464

Maybe someone could tell me what this means then.
From the looks of it, I can gather these shards and given them to an NPC and gain reputation with a faction from it.

It'd be somewhat pointless for it to just apply to factions I could already be neutral with and earn reputation through quests. So it looks like it means certain hostile factions. That and the fact of the rule about abusing shards to enter locations they shouldn't be entering. (ie, a human walking into Orgrimmar.)

Quote:And orc's aren't able to become friendly with Stormwind. Silly.

That statement only makes sense with the mechanics of forced upon us by the game. And then it's only to push up the PvP aspect of the game. As I recall, Orcs and Humans did work together in the time of Warcraft III, there is nothing saying it cannot happen again in the future.

Edit: So, Kretol, do the shards still exist? I will admit given the character I've been planning, it would be fairly well in line to gather them up and return them.
Mistress Sylea Moonwhisper - Human - Azeroth Trade Syndicate
Baroness Ariannah Timaeus - Human - The Scourgebane Trinitus
Valishna- Draenei - Unaffiliated
Ah, thank you for pointing that out. That's a post that really doesn't apply anymore, since the rep token system wasn't brought back when WotLK was released... mainly due to too much abuse of reputation-gain, among other reasons.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Feedback/Questions re: Custom-model characters/NPCs Kretol 50 9,896 07-07-2013, 08:03 PM
Last Post: Dae
  So Blizz came up with this cool new faction! Sol 24 3,477 10-29-2012, 04:15 PM
Last Post: Valicor
  Invisible NPCs and -you-. Reigen 37 6,770 07-07-2012, 11:27 AM
Last Post: muhaha8
  Inter-Faction Friendships Zaverick 45 5,927 09-19-2010, 10:42 AM
Last Post: Anski
  Reputation Clarification kissintherainxo 1 664 07-24-2010, 10:19 AM
Last Post: Piroska