The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Houses and shops in cities
I took a walk through Orgrimmar(Not that I needed it, I know the city in and out, by heart), and came to think that... There's just about ONE building in that city, that isn't full of NPCs. And I believe the same goes for many other cities.

Empty buildings are often used for RP, but today, most people need to flock to the same 1-2 buildings in cities.

What I'm suggesting here, is that several buildings in various districts of cities get emptied, either by removing(Seriously. Who visits "Droffers and Son" in Orgrimmar, on CotH?) or(this is probably better) moving them out of these buildings. Many of these serve little to no purpose at all on CotH, and the houses would be great RP spots.

Any thoughts on this are welcome below.
ALL HAIL THE TROLL
*prowls*

Well, I have thought about that in the past too. There are a lot of buildings where there are vendors, for example, that you technically don't need since we have WSG to go to if we ever need anything.

This isn't really hard to do either.

I support this.
I'll support this on ONE condition. Chad's welcomed in the Horde shops. Why? So he can annoy the customers till they buy something! c:
[Image: crashbandicootdrak.png]
[Image: IconSmall_Undead_Male.gif]Chad - 'Crazy' Forsaken
[Image: IconSmall_Bolvar.gif]Drakus Ashfollow - Human Tinker

Spoiler:
[Image: tumblr_m4r3lmVYKd1qbxrpzo1_r1_250.gif] [Image: tumblr_m4r3lmVYKd1qbxrpzo2_r1_250.gif]
If you are going to turn a shop into a player run shop it makes it difficult. The player needs to be very active and active for long periods of time too. Unless you put a door in front of the shop, it never closes and people can mosey in at any time.

I'm not saying it's a bad idea, I think it's great and I support it but I'm only pointing out the difficulties in it.
I'm not specifically thinking about player-run shops. Just empty buildings for various kinds of RP.
ALL HAIL THE TROLL
This is a wonderful idea! :3 I like.
For the sake of making this easier(thus also more likely to happen), I might take a stroll through the cities later today, and note down NPCs with houses we don't really need to have in those houses.
ALL HAIL THE TROLL
I understand the want for this, but I'm always of the opinion that NPCs also add atmosphere. Not to mention... like every other week we have a post about "housing" and such.

Just want to point this out, we tried that with Stromguarde, and now -noone- plays there.
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

Rensin Wrote:I understand the want for this, but I'm always of the opinion that NPCs also add atmosphere. Not to mention... like every other week we have a post about "housing" and such.

Just want to point this out, we tried that with Stromguarde, and now -noone- plays there.

I'd say Orgrimmar isn't Stromgarde. And Org is Horde side, Strom is Alliance. x3

This happened yesterday with me and Zunaj. Basically, we have 4 characters housed in the same place... It's weird, least to say, even though we RP it as different places.
[Image: NXAwd.png?1]
It happens often.

I mean, we even state that we will not allow you to claim houses for the purpose of people freaking over them.

I mean.../shrug.
[Image: anigif_mobile_9893b2566588ab845c7985f71769a9f2-7.gif]
-Looks at Cressy- -Looks at Selena's Workshop- -Looks at Cressy- -Looks at Selena's Workshop-

. . .Huh?
Cressy, and Rensin; You've raised some good arguments, but I'll try clarify my intentions with this. Thanks for the feedback!

Rensin Wrote:I understand the want for this, but I'm always of the opinion that NPCs also add atmosphere. Not to mention... like every other week we have a post about "housing" and such.
I understand what you mean, but I'm not thinking about removing every NPC from their house, or even most NPCs. I'm thinking about emptying, at the very most, one house per district in the most used cities.

EDIT: In Stormwind, there are several empty buildings already, made by Blizzard. Two inns, a couple of shops, and at least one house that I can think of. I think this adds a lot to Stormwind, and this is the effect I'm thinking of.

Rensin Wrote:Just want to point this out, we tried that with Stromguarde, and now -noone- plays there.
To be honest, I hardly think that's the reason. There's -very- little empty buildings on the Echo Isles, and it's hardly being touched at all.

Cressy Wrote:It happens often.

I mean, we even state that we will not allow you to claim houses for the purpose of people freaking over them.

I mean.../shrug.

Yes... But as it is today, people -do- use vacant buildings for RP. You do it yourself, too. What I'm suggesting is not to create vast amounts of houses for people to claim for themselves. I'm suggesting this to add a little more space for this kind of RP in cities like Orgrimmar, where there is(as mentioned above), a whooping total of one tiny vacant building.

There is room for this, without affecting the city atmosphere. Do anyone use the mushroom vendor in Orgrimmar? Do anyone visit Droffers and Son, or even know who Droffers is? Does the First Aid trainer add much to the city by having his own little hut, contrary to being in the large common hut right next to it?
ALL HAIL THE TROLL
*Thumbs Ups*
SOWWYYY NO HOUSIES BUY DEN NO
Azheron's back in business. For reals.
Azheron Wrote:I'd say this could pass, if there'd be an application to claim the house.

But, if the players couldn't get the houses, I still think the NPCs could still get removed. They are mostly -very- annoying. And people don't use them.

*Thumbs Ups*
What if you want just a temporary use?
[Image: NXAwd.png?1]
I've have seen this work on a Private roleplay server call Omen, They use a Forum account for houseing each person was only allowed one house which could be turn into a shop. The house did have door added to them for open and closed reasons.
[Image: world-of-warcraft-wow-player-house-300x225.jpg]
The house/shops in this server cost 100 gold Depending on the size. Not saying you would do the same. But it has work and Omen has over 300 pop, with no lag. They have also started a Castle / keep system as well for Guild halls. Which in my opinion was the best thing I've ever seen.

So you have my Thumbs up as well. :)
About my spelling, If you say anything about it im gonna hunt your nerdy english aniel retentive arrrssse down and beat the elcrapo right out of you!!!!
I came to this planet to chew bubblegum and kick ass! And I am all out of gum!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Empty hearthglen houses ProjectRandom 6 1,373 12-08-2013, 04:04 AM
Last Post: MstrCorvus
  Clear Out The Stores (And Maybe Other Houses Too) Loxmardin 25 4,698 08-02-2012, 09:32 AM
Last Post: Jonoth
  Houses in Nagrand? Lynoa06 5 1,298 01-14-2011, 07:31 AM
Last Post: Lynoa06
  Ingame Houses Lendri 14 2,812 07-30-2010, 03:45 PM
Last Post: Grakor456
  Flying houses... kind of dastmo 17 3,685 06-14-2010, 12:12 PM
Last Post: Fredrich