The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Prestige Law?
Now...I'm not sure if this is the right place for this, I only put it here because for this idea ( if it were accepted and/or taken into consideration ) to work, it would have to be enforced by the GMs. It's about Prestige classes, now I personally don't have one. I looked into it, it seems very interesting but a lot of effort I.E. I'm lazy. I bring this up because, you just don't -get- a Prestige class you work your ass off for it. So it would suck, to have a prestige fresh off the pages get whooped by some regular un-experienced fighter.

If have been on a lot of IC altercations with many different players and 99% of them were roll fights.

Rules were 5-6 HP sometimes more some times less given the situation but 5-6 average.

Crits ( Atk Roll 50+ def roll ) 2hp

I would suggest that Prestige would /roll 3 or 4 for additional HP and or a roll bonus ( I'm sure different prestige classes would get different roll bonuses to different stats ). I don't mean to say that just because you are prestige you can beat all of the regular characters. But it does mean that they have canon proof that their character specifically put in some time training in a specific field so they should have some kind of advantage.

And if my suggestion is just down right crappy lol I understand, but are there any other suggestions any one has? Or do the GM's have something in place already that I am not aware of to display the difference between Prestige and average? Or will it always remain on a player to player basis/jugdement/situation type thing?

And if there are set roll settings or things put in place...could this lead to a server wide fight system with the option of Trust always being available? That probably wouldn't fly as some people like different methods, as far as defensive crits and hp is concerned. And you have many who just don't like roll fighting. I am just curious on the input, I appreciate any feed back on this concept.
The Family Tree

TheBook of ThePharaoh

Pharaoh's Colosseum

The Four Suns Inn

"What are we, as role-players, if not authors in real time?" - MrBubbles

"I've always treated Role-play as Collaborative Writing. Co-authoring the stories of your characters, alongside other people." - Flammos200
As a quick note before bed, I believe that special characters such as this should indeed have bonuses added to their rolls, if they're involved in a roll fight. Of course, I also wish that we could easily incorporate racial/class adjustments, and force other adjustments based on the character (ie, a peasant having super-low rolls so they cannot realistically defeat some seasoned fighter unless they have a heck of a lot of luck). Unfortunately, all of that would be a bit too much.
Of course, this is also why I don't get involved in fighting. Heh.
It would take some time to get used to. I remember talking with my fellow Chi lover and she told me that prestige is just character building, advancement. You know, developing the character. Most prestige apparently(If any) had any set bonuses in combat and they were a normal character(Just with a title).

I mean, you could incorporate all the stuff for roll combat, and honestly it would be a good idea. You know why? The server would either slowly adjust, or go 90% of the time off trust battles(Which is best IMO because you can just use race/game/lore/given information to decide how certain situations can play out and have a fair fight for the most part.

Reminds me of too many fights where a clearly established warrior I play got beat by a peasant punching his full plate armor constantly.
It puts the grammar in the RP or else it gets the hose again...
I think that each prestige class should have advantages and disadvantages. While certain ones would indeed be better IC fighters (i.e. Gladiator, Blademaster, Archmage, etc), each should have their own set of weaknesses that can be exploited. E.g. when I submitted an application for Demon Hunter, I gave it a +Agility bonus, making him faster, but a -Stamina, to symbolize the corruption of his blood by demon taint.

How this might work in roll combat has yet to be seen, but I was thinking something along the lines of a special critical strike bonus, i.e. dealing 3hp damage instead of 2, but he would start off the fight with -1hp, making him easier to kill. This would fit with a Demon Hunter's style of fighting, as he would be deadly in his use of weapons, but wears little or no protection and so would be more susceptible to wounds.

The character is still in training, though, and won't be actually fighting anyone soon, so it remains to be seen how it works out. But I do agree that Prestige Characters should have a slight advantage over other characters. Not enough to make them impossible to beat, but enough to discourage people from trying to pick a fight with them. Because realistically, an ordinary farmhand vs a Blademaster shouldn't be a 50/50 fight.
Kretol Wrote:As a quick note before bed, I believe that special characters such as this should indeed have bonuses added to their rolls, if they're involved in a roll fight. Of course, I also wish that we could easily incorporate racial/class adjustments, and force other adjustments based on the character (ie, a peasant having super-low rolls so they cannot realistically defeat some seasoned fighter unless they have a heck of a lot of luck). Unfortunately, all of that would be a bit too much.
Of course, this is also why I don't get involved in fighting. Heh.

This.

AND!

Racial/class characteristics are things I take into account when I run roll fights. Realistically speaking, a Gnome, regardless of how uber they are, will never hit as hard with a melee weapon as a Tauren, and a mage can't take nearly as much punishment as a warrior decked out in full plate armor, but in most fights I've seen, everyone does and takes 1 damage regardless of these parameters. In an attempt to be fair, I also willingly give myself lower rolls if I feel I am genuinely outmatched by my opponent, or engage in a trust battle with the promise that I will lose. The problem with having an official system like this is that there will always be people who will argue to the death that their character can do this or that, and most of us just don't have the patience to deal with that.
Actually, realistically speaking, a gnome warrior would -never- be able to defeat a tauren warrior.

Ever.
Azheron's back in business. For reals.
They can, if they play smart. Just they win one time out of twenty.

Also, Knock. Not all Demon Hunters go fighting in their birthday suits, whilst most do, not all.
Jetniss Wrote:They can, if they play smart. Just they win one time out of twenty.

Also, Knock. Not all Demon Hunters go fighting in their birthday suits, whilst most do, not all.

The fighting system I mentioned was just for my character who will probably fight in the traditional style, sorry if there was any confusion.
Well, since roll combat is currently up to the discretion of the participants, I fail to see why a law is needed. There's already so much variation in rules between players in fights. If a participant in a fight is a prestige class and if both sides agree that some sort of benefit should be applied, go for it. If not (and if you feel strongly enough) you just found a person with whom you may not want to engage a fight with in the future.
That just creates a gap in RP.
I think we shouldn't turn Prestige into bully-ing rights. You should be given an edge, but no more. What's good about an apprentice possibly whooping you (the underdog winning being an occurrence that takes place in a fantasy fiction environment often enough) is that it makes the person who would have fun by bully-ing think twice. Differentiation, yes. An edge, yes. Functional run-or-auto-kills, no. No matter how realistic, that ain't fun for anyone but the bully.

(The below is concieved for a /roll 100 system with crits)

So, I'd 'vote' for a small bonus, an edge, like Picking between one of (depending on your prestige's 'flavour'):

+2 to all rolls
+5 to attack rolls
+5 to defense rolls
+1 hp
- Always attack first,

The mechanical implementation of powers really shouldn't be much more special than that...

Now about race and class, me and Loxy succesfully (brilliant feedback as regards to fun, actually) used the below system in a tournament we held:
Spoiler:
------((The Modifiers:))------

[Thrazin] says: „We not all alike – each mon got his own skills. Bring ya' weapons, ya voodo' and ya' gods – whatever put you on top – and win!”

All characters have 3 hp before adding modifiers.

Trolls: (Regeneration): Whenever you make a defense roll of 90 or more (ignoring modifiers), you heal 1 hp.

Tauren: (Constitution): +1 hp.

Orcs: (Strength -is- Honor): +5 on all attack rolls.

Forsaken: (No Vitals): The threshold to make a critical attack on a Forsaken character is 75 points of attack higher than the defense instead of 50.

Blood Elves: (Nimble): +5 on all defense rolls.

Humans: (Versatility): +2 on all rolls.

Draenei: (Constitution): +1 hp.

Gnomes: (Size Matters): +5 on all defense rolls.

Dwarves: (Strength -is- Honor): +5 on all attack rolls.

Night Elves: (Moonblessed): +10 on all rolls while at 1 hp.

Warriors: (Battle Hardened) : +1 hp.

Mages: (Glass Cannon) : +8 to attack rolls, -5 to defense rolls.

Warlocks: (Felled Up): Whenever you make a roll of 1 or 100 (ignoring modifiers), you win the combat (emote accordingly).

Priests: (Blessings): Priests may make healing rolls instead of attacking. They should announce this before rolling and emote accordingly. A result of 0-40 means you do not heal hp. A result of 41-89 means you heal 1 hp. A result of 90-100 means you heal 2 hp.

Paladins: (Battle Hardened) : +1 hp.

Hunters: (Range): Hunters always attack first without needing to roll for initiative. Their first attack has +5 attack.

Shamans: (Ele-Mental): +2 on all rolls.

Druids: (Blessings): Druids may make healing rolls instead of attacking. They should announce this before rolling and emote accordingly. A result of 0-40 means you do not heal hp. A result of 41-89 means you heal 1 hp. A result of 90-100 means you heal 2 hp.

Rogues: (Stealth): Rogues always attack first without needing to roll for initiative. Their first attack has +5 attack.

Death Knights: (Painfeed): Whenever you succed in making a critical attack, you heal 1hp.

Note: Modifiers stack (one from race and one from class). When a roll you make has a special effect or is modified, you have to announce the modified result after rolling.

Note: When Rogues and/or Hunters face each other, they roll for initiative, but still both get +5 attack on each of their first attacks.

Note: You can only heal after taking damage, up to your total hp upon beginning the round at most.

Examples: Gnome mage: 3 hp, +8 attack.
Tauren warrior: 5 hp
Orc Shaman: 3 hp, +7 on attack rolls, +2 on defense rolls, +2 on initiative roll.

Again, I really think modifiers should not do much more than this so as to allow playing a fighting character without reading a DnD manual.

GMs 'strongly encouraging' trying to use a system like this and sticky-ing it would be more than enough, I believe, in order to make it the rule of thumb for roll combat.
Spoiler:
[Image: Boys.jpg]
I like that idea.
In this case would the prestige title modifier add on to the class modifier or replace it?
Knock Wrote:In this case would the prestige title modifier add on to the class modifier or replace it?
Well seeing as you need a class already to become the prestige, it would be added to the class.
Mm, I've always played Rensin as being equally matched roll wise, where as his prestige class explains his stature in the Arena. It also determines his dirty survival-esque sort of fighting style, where he uses any means possible to down his foe.

It's awkward when someone comes into a roll fight saying "Hey, I wanna modifier because I'm a prestige". People tend to shy away OOCly from fights when you have an advantage.
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  An idea for the Dragonsworn Prestige Lendri 14 2,795 07-21-2011, 05:22 AM
Last Post: FlyingSquirrel
  Prestige Q&A thread FlyingSquirrel 42 6,492 06-20-2011, 04:45 AM
Last Post: flammos200
  Prestige Training FlyingSquirrel 6 1,166 12-19-2010, 09:28 AM